No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrier pigeons are aerodynamic. Cut right through the wind.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Republicans are trying to discredit the CBO and push their health care through committees before CBO scores their plan (thought to be Monday).
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
        sooooooo.... what are everyone's initial thoughts on the CIA hacking "news"?
        Don't do your Buffalo Bill dance in front of your TV anymore.

Comment

• But seriously, the surveillance state is out of control. It's never good when Alex Jones gets to say "I told you so". Where's the payoff for this? Anyone here feel safer as a result?

"I was worried about my town getting blown up but then I found out that the CIA has been actively sabotaging computer and phone operating systems. Phew, what a relief! The bad guys won't know what hit them". -- said nobody ever

Comment

• Who said soccer isn't exciting?

Comment

• Newsflash: the CIA does unseemly stuff. Film at eleven.

Comment

• Unseemly I can accept.

Unseemly that broadly targets American citizens with little or no perceivable benefit to national security or anyone's safety? Not so much.

One of the revelations is that the CIA is not just hacking operating systems but is also actively working to sabotage them in design. What's the economic toll of that? What are the chances that somebody has run some numbers, weighed the pros and cons, and said "Yup, that's worth it." My guess -- 0%.
                Last edited by Hannibal; March 8, 2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  Unseemly I can accept.

Unseemly that broadly targets American citizens with little or no perceivable benefit to national security or anyone's safety? Not so much.

One of the revelations is that the CIA is not just hacking operating systems but is also actively working to sabotage them in design. What's the economic toll of that? What are the chances that somebody has run some numbers, weighed the pros and cons, and said "Yup, that's worth it." My guess -- 0%.
                  Is that detailed somewhere outside the Breitbartosphere? I haven't run across those allegations anywhere, but I don't delve headfirst into the sands of the blogs.

Comment

• At times today it looked like there were 3 foot waves on the Detroit River. Nothing like being in a skyscraper and hearing it move to the wind.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                      My power has went out 4 times, but came back on shortly.

More than 370,000 utility customers are without power in southeast Michigan, and that number could continue to rise throughout the day because of high winds.A 68 m.p.h wind gust was recorded at Detroit Metro Airport, a 61 m.p.h gust came in at Coleman A. Young International Airport, a gust of 63 m.p.h was recorded in Mount Clemens and Ann Arbor saw a 66 m.p.h gust, according to the National Weather Service.
                      that is called a normal day on the great plains
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Power went out right after my post, went to work and power came on when I pulled in the driveway.

Some 852,000 utility customers are without power in Michigan, and that number could continue to rise throughout the day because of high winds.

DTE Energy is reporting about 630,000 customers without power in southeast Michigan as of 6 p.m., and Consumers Energy was reporting more than 222,000 customers without power statewide due to the wind earlier today. The DTE Energy figure is the second-highest number of outages in the utility's history.

Comment

• Wind is complicated.

Comment

• Who knew?

Comment

• This guy knew.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/839293864636723201[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X