No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree with this, but I don't have any issues investigating any ties or contacts between Trump and Putin's regime just to be sure there was more than convergent interests.
    Sure. It's important enough to look at. I agree with that. But, I think it ought to stop with the Senate Intelligence Committee. If they find nothing, and our intelligence community has nothing, at that point I think we take a knee and end the game. Granted, it's possible something could still come up at that point, but this doesn't happen to often:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfOiY5MhqHA"]#3 Miracle at the Meadowlands | NFL Films | Top 10 Worst Plays - YouTube[/ame]
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm also not entirely clear as to why Putin preferred Trumpsky. I mean, HRC was almost certain to continue the policies of Obama which saw the Ruskies acquire Crimea and become, perhaps, the dominant player in Syria.

I'm not sure Trumpsky could be much more favorably passive than that. Perhaps they favor nationalist candidates because those folks contribute to a world that helps the Russians?

Anywho, I'm pretty much of the mind that they wanted to embarrass the future President. That she somehow lost remains stunning. And disappointing.

Comment

• There will be no knees taken here IMO; the Ds have their BENGHAZI!!!! in their sights and are locked on. While I would hope that the high road would be taken, I can understand that they want some payback, and to squeeze some political juice out of it.

As for choosing DJT....it might as simple as hoping to change the status quo. The acquisition of the jewel that is the Crimea aside, Russia is not doing very well (70% of their GPD is government spending) and they have a US-led sanction regime hanging over them. The conditions that have contributed to this environment were almost sure to be supported under a Clinton administration. So, if you are Vlad-baby, you hope for somebody- anybody- else. If its a guy who seems emotionally manipulable....so much the better.

Comment

• Yeah, I don't see the Ds letting go of RUSSIA!!!! any time soon. Nor do I fault them for not doing so.

Perhaps that's why Russia may prefer DJT. I still believe that they, like the rest of world, were stunned when he won.

Comment

• And, in actual news:

1. The largest domestic oil find in over 30 years was announced today. It is in the Alaska North Slope. It is a good thing we have a pipeline to bring it to market, eh?

2. Labor participation rate went up.

3. Still 10 cabinet secretaries have not been confirmed.

Comment

• Eric Blair was right!

Spying: Everywhere, all of the time.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHfBxkKGwJQ"]Napolitano: We have spying everywhere, all the time - YouTube[/ame]
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• There will be no knees taken here IMO; the Ds have their BENGHAZI!!!! in their sights and are locked on. While I would hope that the high road would be taken, I can understand that they want some payback, and to squeeze some political juice out of it.
                Well, you are probably right. But with the distinguishing factor that Benghazi actually happened, and Trump colluding with Russia actually didn't happen. Otherwise, they are basically the same. Sorry for splitting hairs.

Comment

• That's not the right analogy. Russian interference of some sort with the campaign happened as did Benghazi.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Saw this on NRO today -- Samantha Bee -- progressive spokesperson and hero -- did a sketch on CPAC and "nazi hair" or some such thing. One of the folks mocked for nazi hair (short on the sides, long on the top -- not sure if it includes a party in the back) had his haircut because he was dealing with Stage 4 brain cancer. Good times.

Welcome to America 2017. We clearly have become God's biggest mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• All this talk about wind in Michigan...but Ohio really blows.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSQtoG4OyFI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSQtoG4OyFI[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                        And, in actual news:

1. The largest domestic oil find in over 30 years was announced today. It is in the Alaska North Slope. It is a good thing we have a pipeline to bring it to market, eh?

2. Labor participation rate went up.

3. Still 10 cabinet secretaries have not been confirmed.
                        Who are the 10 Cabinet members still requiring confirmation?

Comment

• That's not the right analogy. Russian interference of some sort with the campaign happened as did Benghazi.
                          No, the Russian interference with the campaign has strong bipartisan support for the investigation of the interference. It is when collusion with the Trump campaign for the benefit of the Trump campaign is "investigated" that we go into the realm of fantasy. I don't recall bipartisan support for the Benghazi investigation. That's why the "Trump is a pawn of Russia" meme is more similar to Benghazi in that it is pushed by one party. The difference, again, is that one happened and one didn't.

Comment

• WH has asked that all 46 remaining Obama-appointed US Attorneys submit resignations by the end of the day. Routine stuff but normally this would've happened in the first couple weeks of a new admin.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              I'm also not entirely clear as to why Putin preferred Trumpsky. I mean, HRC was almost certain to continue the policies of Obama which saw the Ruskies acquire Crimea and become, perhaps, the dominant player in Syria.

I'm not sure Trumpsky could be much more favorably passive than that. Perhaps they favor nationalist candidates because those folks contribute to a world that helps the Russians?

Anywho, I'm pretty much of the mind that they wanted to embarrass the future President. That she somehow lost remains stunning. And disappointing.
                              Because Putin blames HRC for an uprising back when she was SOS.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• We know the Ukraine/platform/Carter Page stuff. So denying any collusion cheapens the claim that this is just politics.

Comment

Working...
                                X