No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBO predicts current Republican bill will reduce the number of insured by 14 Million by 2018; 24 Million by 2026
    Sec. Price and the OMB director gave an interview about half an hour ago, and took issue with the 14 million near term number. There are a total of 8 million people on the exchanges, they said, so you have to believe at least 6 million Medicaid enrollees will ask to not be covered by Medicaid after the mandate runs out. Why would anyone who is paying zero choose to drop out of Medicaid? Evidently, the OMB used static scoring on this matter, and they presumed Medicaid numbers would fall to the same percentage usage as before the ACA. OMB simply lacks common sense.

Further, other than backdooring an additional tax take of around $ 500 billion yearly, why is so much attention being paid to a bill that affects only 8 million non-welfare people?

Comment

• I will have to research more but I think everyone expects the number of people receiving healthcare through Medicaid will drop. The Bill apaprently calls for $800 Billion to be cut from Medicaid over the next 10 years. I believe they are also looking to change he way the Medicaid expansion is funded, placing much more of the burden on individual states, which has people like Kasich very worried.

Comment

• CBO estimates 64-year old single individual making $27,000 will see their premiums rise from $1,700 to $14,600 annually due to the elimination of tax credits.

Overwhelmingly their analysis confirms that older folks over 50 and the poor in general will see the biggest increases to their premiums.

Comment

• How times change (Hall is still the Director)

[ame]https://twitter.com/RepTomPrice/status/571311527766171650[/ame]

Comment

• The ACA was bad. This is worse.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Failing CBO lying. Fake reports. Sad
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Spicer: Trump doesn't mean "wiretapping" when he says "wiretapping".

The White House on Monday walked back a key point of President Donald Trump’s unsubstantiated allegation that President Barack Obama wiretapped his phones in Trump Tower during the 2016 election.

Eventually they will walk this back enough so that when it's revealed that one of Flynn's calls to Russia came from Trump Tower and was caught from the other end, Trump can declare "I was right all along"
                Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 13, 2017, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• In other news Trump is going to Nashville Wednesday to lay a wreath on Andrew Jackson's grave. Spiritual forefather, I guess

Comment

• Russia deploys special forces to a military base in western Egypt. May be planning to militarily get involved in Libya

Comment

• Leaked document suggests the WH internal analysis predicted even more people than the CBO estimate would lose insurance or opt out over the next decade.

Comment

• There's a ton of stuff on Breitbart right now blasting Paul Ryan that gives a lot of life to the conspiracy theory that Trump/Bannon want the Bill to fail, Ryan to take all the blame, and a Trump sycophant/ally tke over the Speakership.

Breitbart is decrying the number of people that will lose insurance. Breitbart says Trump has been tricked by Paul Ryan as to what the Bill contains (even though Trump is still the smartest man in the room, always).

And they've suddenly received this 'leaked audio" from October of Ryan "abandoning" Trump

On a never-before-released private October conference call with House Republican members, House Speaker Paul Ryan told his members in the U.S. House of Representatives he was abandoning then-GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump forever and would never defend him ever again.

Comment

• Anyone who takes on that job is going to quickly find out what Paul Ryan is learning and John Boehner had learned. Being the Speaker with that motley coalition is a thankless job.

I'm sure there may be some truth to that Bannon conspiracy theory, but it doesn't mean that would be a great plan. Helping him fail doesn't make the dynamics of the situation go away. Unless the Trump sycophant in this plan would bring votes to the floor designed for partial Democratic support that would cut out the freedom caucus, but that speakers hip wouldn't last very long.

Comment

• The Carville Rule remains true to this day: Anyone who touches healthcare loses.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Every day is a new surprise with this crew, but I must say the White House's defense of the leaked memo is great. It isn't a real estimate, just an estimate of what the CBO was going to estimate.

I forecast some crazy tweets for the Trump Twitter machine.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Every day is a new surprise with this crew, but I must say the White House's defense of the leaked memo is great. It isn't a real estimate, just an estimate of what the CBO was going to estimate.

I forecast some crazy tweets for the Trump Twitter machine.
                                LOL are they really saying that? "We wanted an estimate to how wrong CBO was going to be"? That's great

Comment

Working...
                                X