No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maddow somehow got her hands on Trump's 2005 tax return. Literally 5-10 minutes before her show tonight, the WH rushed out a statement disclosing the amounts and everything. Which sorta shows they could have released this stuff any time they wanted, but Trump just didn't want to
    Heh. I agree with Talent. AMT is just a second way of computing your income tax liability. It takes into account things like depreciation and capital gains. The numbers I heard were $ 151M income and $ 38M tax. It will be interesting to see how much property tax Trump paid.

Whoever leaked this committed a felony. But I doubt that will be mentioned.

Comment

• CNN is saying what I was just thinking...

Every time the news is going badly for Trump he tends to generate a media controversy...all the health plan news for the R's the past few days has been bad...he always rallies his base by getting them riled up over media injustice...the tax rturn supposedly is stamped 'client copy'...

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
        Heh. I agree with Talent. AMT is just a second way of computing your income tax liability. It takes into account things like depreciation and capital gains. The numbers I heard were $ 151M income and $ 38M tax. It will be interesting to see how much property tax Trump paid.

Whoever leaked this committed a felony. But I doubt that will be mentioned.
        It's not a felony to leak your own returns or order someone to do it. Heh

Comment

• Comment

• Yup. That's true, DSL.

Goodness, now the MSNBC hosts are in the news with their unpaid taxes:

It takes quite a lot to have a federal or state tax lien put on record.

Comment

• CNN is saying what I was just thinking...
              This is getting good! Wasn't 2005 the year that Trump was in Moscow and hired a prostitute to piss on him? You know, the one that Putin is blackmailing him with. Trump is surely in deep do-do now.

Comment

This is getting good! Wasn't 2005 the year that Trump was in Moscow and hired a prostitute to piss on him? You know, the one that Putin is blackmailing him with. Trump is surely in deep do-do now.
                No, 2005 is supposedly before he turned to Russia financiers when US banks cut him off.

2005 was also the year of his last big real estate sale.

It does seem curious that a "client copy" of one year of Trump's tax returns gets released...but only the first two pages, no details...and it's leaked precisely at a time that Trump's taking a hit politically among his base. His popularity has been nosediving ever since "OBAMA WIRETAPPED ME! (And 2 weeks from now I'll explain , through my spokesman, that I don't mean wiretapped literally)" and got even worse after details of the health plan emerged

Who had access to only the first two pages of only one year of Trump's taxes? Seems like it'd be a short list
                Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 14, 2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Geezer is correct, if you contract a disease like Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes or anything that requires long term attention, just show up to your ER. They will take care of you.

Comment

• Some important foreign news...the Dutch Election is tomorrow. There are some indications that Geert Wilders' party could actually lose seats in Parlaiment, which would be a nice thing. The spat with Turkey in recent days has generated some 'rally round the PM' sentiment.

Comment

• Comey is testifying tomorrow in a public Senate briefing. He's supposedly promised Lindsey Graham he will confirm if any possible Trump-Russia probes exist

So big news day tomorrow

Comment

SLF:

Sounds exactly like the "ill-informed" during the Welfare reform in 1996-7. May we at least get this one thing clear: if you go to a hospital in the US and ask for care, you get care, even if you are illegal, poor, rich, or whatever. AA, am I correct on this or not?

The collection of payment is where insurance comes in. Health insurance carriers provide a service; ie. allowing an individual to manage risk by letting him pay an amount that roughly correlates to his periodic mathematical expectation of a catastrophic loss. As for the "passing on of bills to others", that is precisely government-provided health insurance is. That is what Medicaid (and I happen to believe Medicare) is. As I've said many times, paying taxes, then running the money through a bureaucracy, or multiple bureaucracies, to provide "insurance" to the indigent just explodes the cost. If AA has a non-paying patient, he has the amount of the loss to his hospital to the penny. Pre-ACA, health insurance premiums reflected this the cost of the bad debt was passed on to the insured through higher insurance costs, reflecting hospitals recouping their loss.
                        Jeff, no comment on Geezer calling folks ill-informed?

I was not ill informed, the hospitals raise prices to cover those costs and you and I pay them. Just like I said.

Insurance or govt provided care yes, we share the costs but no one is not paying in.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• His popularity has been nosediving ever since "OBAMA WIRETAPPED ME! (And 2 weeks from now I'll explain , through my spokesman, that I don't mean wiretapped literally)" and got even worse after details of the health plan emerged
                          His approval ratings have largely been between 43.4 and the high 44s since February with his net being roughly -5.5 to -6 and change.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Also, I kind of hope DSL is right and DJT is playing Maddow. That would be funny. And it makes sense.

Also, good news on Wilders, however they're still the 2nd largest party in the Holland. They won't get anyone to work with them, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up as the #1 plurality party in the near future. Holland isn't going to leave the EU and the EU isn't going to stop forced immigration. So it'll be up to how Holland handles it. You get another bombing, say from someone from Rotterdam, and I'd bet on Wilders' party next go around.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              His approval ratings have largely been between 43.4 and the high 44s since February with his net being roughly -5.5 to -6 and change.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...oval-6179.html
                              Which are extremely poor numbers for a President in his first 100 days

He's going on another tweet storm this morning, bitching about Snoop Dogg among other things. I stand by my statement that he's trying to get people to talk about stupid shit rather than the health plan or Comey's appearance on Capital Hill. The tweet storms usually appear after several days of (mostly) negative coverage

Comment

• I dispute neither that his numbers are poor nor that he tweets to distract. I do dispute, however, that his numbers are "nosediving." His numbers were never really high enough to nosedive and his supporters are fairly ardent. He's been polling at roughly 40-44 since 2015.

His highwater mark was probably the election where he actually topped 46%.

Comment

Working...
                                X