No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think Trump is a Nazi, but this account putting his quotes into the mouth of the Red Skull continues to crack me up

[ame]https://twitter.com/PresVillain/status/842043291470295040[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Sometimes it's easy to forget how simple-minded cons are, eh Seattle?
      I wish that I had the ability to grasp complex ideas, like how everyone with a nationalist streak = HITLER. Will you please teach me the secrets of nuance, wise sage?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
        Talent:

And would the same line of thought apply for mandated mileage standards?

I'd love to have been in the room when these dreamers were arguing what the standard was to be in 2025. One wanted 54 and one wanted 55 so they split the difference? Anyone who knows anything about statistics knows that the .5 mpg eight years from now is meaningless (except to bureaucrats).

Anyway, lower mpg standards would save/bring American jobs. Climate change believers pushed/are pushing for the highest possible number.

And remember, this whole mandated fuel efficiency policy arose when oil was in short supply. What happens when gas is $ 1.89 per gallon and you have no trucks or large cars available? I'll bet this mandate would never have been made in the first place if the government simply passed a law outlawing cars of a certain weight. I suspect Williamson would prefer the law to the mandate.
        The fuel standards that you speak of are classic pie-in-the-sky bullshit. Even drastically reducing the weight of cars by making them all of out Unobtanium isn't going to meet the fuel efficiency standards that were imposed by the Obama administration. Not that it mattered to them. They "solved" the problem. The laws of Thermodynamics are for plebs.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Healthcare, however, is an area they're better off doing nothing.
          This is probably true. It probably would be more politically expedient to let Obamacare collapse completely. Let the Democrats own it completely and be the heroes to the 10% of the population that actually benefitted from it so far. I don't see much choice at this point since both parties have now largey adopted the same pie-in-the-sky assumptions. That includes Donald Trump. If the Republicans insist that their magic wand is cheaper then they are going to take ownership of it and, ultimately, the blame.
          Last edited by Hannibal; March 16, 2017, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• society should accept the fact you pay nothing for health care --you get what you pay for--the minimum especially since many of those 30 million don't really give a shit about the quality of their health care.
            Those who choose not to obtain health care often times are the most non compliant of patients in the first place
            I'm all for supplemented health care for those who try to be a positive for society
            But if your a forum moderator or a derelict who gives nothing to society I just don't support the rest of us paying for your health care

Comment

• Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Crash.. agree in principle. Who judges those trying and just having bad luck vs those who want to live off others? It's not easy.

IMO, the proposals seem to be pay for everyone vs pay for no one. Yes, I'm probably simplifying, but that seems to be the intent. Neither resonates with me... that said, I don't have a proposal to fix. Not sure how to judge intent via policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• This is probably true. It probably would be more politically expedient to let Obamacare collapse completely. Let the Democrats own it completely and be the heroes to the 10% of the population that actually benefitted from it so far. I don't see much choice at this point since both parties have now largey adopted the same pie-in-the-sky assumptions. That includes Donald Trump. If the Republicans insist that their magic wand is cheaper then they are going to take ownership of it and, ultimately, the blame.
                  Correct. To be clear, I think the Rs have two political choices: (a) nothing; or (b) massive, hard changes that push the issue back toward the pre-OC status quo.

They'll do neither and, instead they'll try half measures that are sufficient to get them politically destroyed w/o any long-term benefit. The Ds ate a bag of dick with OC, but they at least moved the ball considerably -- flipped the field, so to speak. They're much closer to scoring their single-payer TD, so to speak. The Rs are about to fair catch a punt inside the 5 when the only options are to let it go or field it and at least try to do something with it to improve field position.

Yes, I still miss football season.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Remember when Trump gave the Pentagon 30 days to come up with a plan totally destroy ISIS? Today's Day 55

Maybe it's a secret

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      The Rs are about to fair catch a punt inside the 5 when the only options are to let it go or field it and at least try to do something with it to improve field position.
                      The Republicans are a RichRod-coached football team so, naturally, they will gullibly fall for whatever makes them look the worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        I wish that I had the ability to grasp complex ideas, like how everyone with a nationalist streak = HITLER. Will you please teach me the secrets of nuance, wise sage?
                        Trump is more like Putin, Franco or Mussolini than Hitler. At least until he systematically starts murdering people. But make no mistake, he wants to be a fascist dictator that wants to run an authoritarian (possibly totalitarian) regime.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• IMO Trump is a kleptocrat with too much of an ego to be truly good at it. The best kleptocrats want no attention. I could see him growing into an autocrat. I'm not about to completely blow off the parallels observed by people who know a ton more about autocrats than I do.

Comment

• 4D chess player.

[ame]https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/842196143727607809[/ame]

Comment

• DSL:
                              Remember when Trump gave the Pentagon 30 days to come up with a plan totally destroy ISIS? Today's Day 55

Maybe it's a secret
                              Well, those of us who read newspapers know that at least 400 marines, flying the US flag, are in-country with heavy artillery to help take Raqqa. Elements of the 82nd Airborne, reportedly 2,500 paratroopers, have been prepositioned in Kuwait. But so good of you to bring up the issue.

Now you can move on and argue that Trump is "getting us involved in a land war in Asia". Just keep in mind that this war had been won when Obama was elected, and Joe Biden predicted Iraq would be a "great success story". Well, Obama did succeed in making Iraq a client state of Iran, and he also allowed Sunni militia to become ISIS. I guess Obama was successful, if you view it through the Valarie Jarrett lens.
                              Last edited by Da Geezer; March 16, 2017, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• SLF:
                                Trump is more like Putin, Franco or Mussolini than Hitler. At least until he systematically starts murdering people. But make no mistake, he wants to be a fascist dictator that wants to run an authoritarian (possibly totalitarian) regime.
                                I wondered for a while why the left was so upset at Trump's election. You know, the need for safe spaces, puppies, and all that. Here is an example of why the snowflakes were marching. This post from SLF is fake emotion derived from fake news. No truth in it at all.

It is what happens to simple minds with no ability or willingness to think. It was a Democrat act of faith that Trump paid no taxes. Rachel Madcow releases a purloined 2005 Trump 1040 to much fanfare, and all it proves is Trump paid taxes. The latest, today, is that 2005 was the year Donald married Melania, so the story now is that he dressed up his return to justify a pre-nup. Complete speculation, but I'd simply note that the 2005 tax return could not have been generated until 2006, well after the nuptials.

Comment

Working...
                                X