No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too bad Mexico isn't paying for the wall. Someone once said the sign of smartness was a persons predictive ability. I guess someone is a dumbass for predicting Mexico was going to pay for that stupid fucking wall.

But at least old people won't get food anymore. Phew!
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Yeah you would think Hannibal knows that the key is to stop the indoctrination of young kids by PBS.

Comment

• The thought of cutting the Great Lakes initiative is ridiculous. Apparently Trump voters never use the Great Lakes.

Comment

• Communist indoctrination through the Antiques Roadshow.

Comment

• It appears that a five-judge group, writing for the whole 9th Circuit Court, took the time to issue an opinion on the 3 judge panel decision for the TRO blocking travel from the T-7 countries:

In one of the most ruthless opinions issued of fellow panel judges, five judges from across the political spectrum in the Ninth Circuit went out of their way to issue an opinion about a dismissed appeal, to remind everybody just how embarrassingly bad the prior Ninth Circuit stay panel decision was on Trump’s travel ban.

"The panel wraps up its ruthless condemnation of its fellow 3-panel decision by noting their errors are “many and obvious,” including the failure to even “apply the proper standard” of review. As the five judges wisely note: “we are judges, not Platonic guardians,” and the great losers of the 3-panel decision are those that believe elections matter and the rule of law deserves respect, as both were sacrificed for results-oriented judges who ignored the law and evaded the historical precedent to try to reverse the policy outcome of the recent election."

Comment

• Not only the Antiques Roadshow, indoctrinated by numerous runs of The Civil War. That really bugs them, the ending is always the same.

Comment

• There's a story out there that Sean Hannity pulled a gun on Juan Williams after an in air argument in October. I know, shocking. Why didn't he didn't just use a karate chop to knock down Williams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                  It appears that a five-judge group, writing for the whole 9th Circuit Court, took the time to issue an opinion on the 3 judge panel decision for the TRO blocking travel from the T-7 countries:

In one of the most ruthless opinions issued of fellow panel judges, five judges from across the political spectrum in the Ninth Circuit went out of their way to issue an opinion about a dismissed appeal, to remind everybody just how embarrassingly bad the prior Ninth Circuit stay panel decision was on Trump’s travel ban.

"The panel wraps up its ruthless condemnation of its fellow 3-panel decision by noting their errors are ?many and obvious,? including the failure to even ?apply the proper standard? of review. As the five judges wisely note: ?we are judges, not Platonic guardians,? and the great losers of the 3-panel decision are those that believe elections matter and the rule of law deserves respect, as both were sacrificed for results-oriented judges who ignored the law and evaded the historical precedent to try to reverse the policy outcome of the recent election."
                  1) They weren't writing for "the whole 9th circuit"; they were writing for themselves

2) They also took time to blast Trump for personally attacking the judiciary, writing:

"The personal attacks on the distinguished district judge and our colleagues were out of all bounds of civic and persuasive discourse -- particularly when they came from the parties," they wrote.

"Such personal attacks treat the court as though it were merely a political forum in which bargaining, compromise, and even intimidation are acceptable principles," the judges added. "The courts of law must be more than that, or we are not governed by law at all."

Five Republican-appointed judges on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals signaled their support for the legal underpinnings of President Donald Trump’s travel ban late Wednesday in an unusual and unsolicited filing.

Comment

• The thought of cutting the Great Lakes initiative is ridiculous. Apparently Trump voters never use the Great Lakes.
                    No, apparently you don't live on the Great Lakes.

I however do. The only local program I know of under this GLI is a $ 7.8 million dollar grant to knock down some berms between a wetland ("connected" to Lake Michigan) and a muck farm. As God is my witness, I could easily do the job for $50,000 and make a $ 20,000 profit.

I wrote my congressman, Rino Huizenga, telling him so, but he believes expanding the wetland will produce more tourism in Muskegon MI. Froot, everyone up and down the chain of this boondoggle "gets a share". There are environmental consultants, engineering consultants, the local Sierra Club, and all the separate local governments taking a piece to "reimburse" themselves for their impact studies. We are talking about 1,000 feet of six-foot high berm.

The last local project( 5 years ago) was a "turtle fence" to try to keep painted turtles from crossing the expressway, where a couple dozen or so would get hit by cars. $350,000. But come mating season, those horny turtles found a way around the fence!!!

The "turtle fence" now stands as a monument to governmental stupidity, and to the sexual drive of turtles everywhere.

Comment

• I lived in Michigan my whole life snowflake.

Comment

• Geezer, do you ever get tired of being wrong in the face of undeserved confidence in your knowledge?
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Turtle fence, Trump's wall.

Which is more stupid?
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• No, DSL, those five were the only ones to opine on the radical nature of the decision. I trust Dan Abrams on this matter, not CNN. "The five judges included the famed, and most respected intellectual amongst the Ninth Circuit, Alex Kozinski. The others included Jay Bybee, Consuelo Callahan, Carlos Bea and Sandra Ikuta." Heh, I've heard of Kozinski, and he is very much a liberal. No other judge chose to concur with the 3-judge panel. These five wanted to clear up the record, as Abrams reports.

Comment

• Seldom right, but never in doubt.

Comment

• Turtle fence, Trump's wall.

Which is more stupid?
                                Ha. Good point.

Comment

Working...
                                X