No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of fascism, or at least the state raining down hell on political folks it hates, the wonderful State of California has indicted some of the folks who made the Planned Parenthood videos on various criminal charges in a preposterous exercise of state power and resources. However, in California, if you come at a progressive sacred cow you will end up in jail. Putin would be semi-proud....while laughing at the prosecutor for not just gunning them down.
    lucid indeed. 60 Minutes made their name with hidden-camera exposes of wrongdoing. That used to be synonymous with investigative journalism, and now is being prosecuted. I think it was news that PP was selling body parts.

And, in other news from the Peoples Republic, California teachers will now be exempt from state income tax, provided Moonbeam signs the bill. One of the hallmarks of a fascist/statist agenda is for the ruling party to exempt itself from taxation. It is happening nationally with forgiveness of college debt being offered to students who "enter public service"

Oh, Strange, Snopes is useless if you are looking for anything approaching a reasoned approach to truthfulness. Completely captured by the loons.

Comment

• What a world we live in where trump is a being slammed for not building a wall by people who don't want the wall built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• If you read the Times article, the evidence the Nunes unearthed from the White House wasn't even any US citizens. It was surveillance of foreign diplomats talking to each other about the Trump Administration. So you might want to double up on the tin foil.
        I posted that about a week ago; that the surveillance could have been two foreigners gossiping. It also could have been a citizen talking to a foreigner.

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          I can't believe anyone would be shocked that our spectacular republic is constraining DJT. I mean, yeah, he gets to undo Obama shitty EOs, but that's about it. He's been checked everywhere else. As it should be. LOL @ anyone who thinks DJT wants to or was going to be some sort of fascist dictator.

Speaking of fascism, or at least the state raining down hell on political folks it hates, the wonderful State of California has indicted some of the folks who made the Planned Parenthood videos on various criminal charges in a preposterous exercise of state power and resources. However, in California, if you come at a progressive sacred cow you will end up in jail. Putin would be semi-proud....while laughing at the prosecutor for not just gunning them down.

You mean fascism is in the eye of beholder? That's absurd. My opinions are not fascist!! They just need to be quite and let my opinion win.

...... sigh......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• What a world we live in where trump is a being slammed for not building a wall by people who don't want the wall built.
            Indeed.

I heard an interview of an evangelical this morning, and he said that the reason evangelicals came out in record numbers for Trump (with all his faults) was 1. the Supreme Court 2. Defunding PP and 3. Protecting freedom of religion. By those lights, Trump has been successful in his first 70 days.

The high-quality SC nomination of Gorsuch is more important than all of the other initiatives of his first 70 days put together. If Trump can cut taxes, he'll have fulfilled the two promises that actually impact middle class working folks. Anything else would be gravy.

Comment

• My own view is that Trump is a kleptocrat, and unlikely to veer into true autocracy. Seems like he'd rather just keep campaigning against Hillary.

But when you have people who have lived in autocracies and know how they work saying that they see a repeat of the patterns there in this country, then that is something to keep in mind. And, in the end, most autocrats are also kleptocrats. Good news so far, but doesn't feel like it's time to take one's eye off the ball.

Comment

• The kleptocracy is really bothersome though. What Jason Chafets just said about it not affecting American families is really astonishing. Well into "four legs good two legs better" territory. If voters are unable to see that, the country will continue to have problems. Distracted voters are a bonanza for swamp creatures.

Comment

• Yes, freedom of religion was a close one!! Thank God Don cares so deeply about religion!!!

Comment

• both of those things have been occurring since Johnson was in office

now we just like to get hysterical about it

Comment

• You should distinguish between trying and succeeding. That helps explain.

Comment

• so is it still conjecture to all that Obama with his halo in no way ordered or was aware of surveillance on DJT last year?

as i posted a lot earlier it would be idiotic to assume no surveillance was taking place. its just fun to watch the spin and the hysteria of individuals trying to create some dr. evil scenario. probably as close to the truth as your going to get. nunes choosing to public at the white house likely has all the earmarks of djt's release of taxes. nunes knew for months their were unmasking and surveillance on trump and likely the dem counterpart of the intel committee also knew

The U.S. intelligence official who “unmasked,” or exposed, the names of multiple private citizens affiliated with the Trump team is someone “very well known, very high up, very senior in the intelligence world,” a source told Fox News on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                          so is it still conjecture to all that Obama with his halo in no way ordered or was aware of surveillance on DJT last year?

as i posted a lot earlier it would be idiotic to assume no surveillance was taking place. its just fun to watch the spin and the hysteria of individuals trying to create some dr. evil scenario. probably as close to the truth as your going to get. nunes choosing to public at the white house likely has all the earmarks of djt's release of taxes. nunes knew for months their were unmasking and surveillance on trump and likely the dem counterpart of the intel committee also knew

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...urce-says.html
                          So anonymous sources are okay again?

Comment

• As far as Evelyn Farkus goes, this tweet says it all

[ame]https://twitter.com/jpodhoretz/status/847870439368126464[/ame]

I think Talent is a fan so he can confirm that Podhoretz is an avowed conservative (though not a fan of Trump).

Comment

• At executive Order signing ceremony Trump not interested in speaking to the press. Immediately leaves without signing anything; has Pence go back and get it for him to sign later.

[ame]https://twitter.com/th3j35t3r/status/847909961120321536[/ame]

Comment

• Ha, Pence looks like he's having fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X