No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSL: thanks for the responsive YouTube video. Now I see what you mean about Comey. In a binary choice, if you are against Hillary, you are for Trump. I just never viewed it that way, which is why I voted for neither, I suppose.

Comment

• A better piece on religion in politics would consider what happens in other countries. Americans aren't a different species. Start from that, do a comparative study.
      Well, not a different species. But a substantially different culture originating from an idea rather than a clan or clans. Once again you just throw out a statement as a fact and go from there. You also lump "religion" into one big ball. That is the view of an agnostic or atheist. JMO, but a well-developed theme in economic history (or political economy as it was called) is that America's success is rooted in the junction of Protestant Christianity and Capitalism, and their totally unique view of man's nature.

Comment

• Hoss:
        A good question raised last night....what, if anything, did those Russians stationed at that airfield know about the chem attacks sortied from it a few days ago?
        Tillerson addressed that yesterday when he said that Russia was either complicit or incompetent as it relates to the non-removal of the chemical weapons. The same could be said of the Russians at that air base. They either knew or should have known.

Comment

• Unless you're saying that it's OK for people with intelligence access to take money from Russian interests or that it's OK for people to have intelligence access even if Russia has them by the balls. Is that really what you're saying?
          Are you talking the Trump campaign? Does "having them by the balls" mean that the Russians are blackmailing Trump world with video of a prostitute pissing on Trump in a hotel room in Moscow?

The double standard here is completely insane. People went apeshit over the potential compromising of national security via Hillary's emails. And are now doing their best to ignore that Trump's campaign actually really did compromise national security, and may still be doing so and have every intention of continuing to do so. This is all complete nonsense.
          And the evidence of this "fact is........... Fill in the blank.

The only facts we know are that Hillary and Bill (through their foundations) received money from Putin associates when she OKed the Uranium One sale. We also know that the Clinton Global initiative will be closing next week since its "donations" have dropped by 97% since Hillary's loss. Who'd have thought????

Comment

• Expect some recess appointments by Trump in the next two weeks.

Comment

• I found this interesting. Listening to the BBC news hour that airs on NPR radio 10a-11a. There were two lead stories. (1) A likely terror attack, a weaponized truck, had just happened in Stockholm. (2) the US Air strike on Syrian airbase.

Multiple European analysts were being interviewed. In several interviews the key question was whether or not Assad ordered the attacks. IOW, as Doc Hodgman wondered, we're other actors responsible (as in the Lavon Affair). Did Trump order the attack without full knowledge of the details of how it was carried out? A knee Jerk reaction?

While I feel IS would love to pull an atrocity like this off, the complexity of delivering Sarin (the agent believed to be used) is high. Both process and technology is complex. So, in my view, no way.

I'm also pretty sure the intel pinning the act on the Syrians coming from US collection capabilities was very strong.

It was almost certainly Assad and this US strike was an appropriate response. Optics are important and so is the blow back but the risks of that being much other than posturing are low.
              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; April 7, 2017, 03:35 PM.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                Expect some recess appointments by Trump in the next two weeks.
                Only if they are loyal to Trump first and foremost.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                  I agree with a lot of this Hack.. My question is do we know for certain? I don't.. maybe I've missed the evidence. seems like a lot of "they've met" or "they know each other" ... That said, we certainly need to be aware of those relationships and the questions should be asked if something was compromised.

I'm less concerned about a country or person influencing policy and I'd suggest all presidents and candidates are influenced by their interactions with foreign countries. We as voters can decide if certain countries are more of a concern to us than others..

It is an issue when national security is exposed or compromised. 100% agree.
                  And there's nothing wrong with being influenced by the normal business of politics. But being influenced by taking money (Flynn), or by owing great amounts of it (Trump) to that entity or by having secrets known by them (Trump, Flynn, others) is another story. There's reasons we have laws about this. They should be followed.

Comment

• Hack, you cannot with any credibility continue to define capitalism as only you see it. Capitalism, in every case, in every time, presupposes a free market. I don't know what your definition of capitalism is, but you are flatly wrong when you exclude free-markets as a major component. Give me an example of what is a capitalist system in your world. I also have no clue what you mean when you say capitalism and free markets are a zero sum game and I bet you don't either. I'm all ears.

We've talked enough about rent seeking and monopolists who seek their true competitive advantages in DC and not in any free market setting that I can only conclude that either you have forgotten things you know, or that you aren't quite as sane as you were before Trump came along. You've gotten close enough to some of those extremist dreams and perhaps have thrown out any governing principles you once had. You suggested a few days ago that it doesn't matter that Trump enriches himself on the job. Coming from you that's hard evidence of moral bankruptcy. I have nothing else for you and no interest in having any discussions with this version of you. If you find the old version of you, who I am quite fond of, send him back here and make this version go away. If this version of you has any further questions about what I believe, perhaps just go read your article again.

Comment

• I thought this was well done by Kimmel.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fpcf0HcCgU"]Jimmy Kimmel's Tribute to Don Rickles - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Reports are that the base Trump bombed last night is already operational again. Planes took off today to go bomb the rebels. Runways were undamaged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                          I thought this was well done by Kimmel.

Jimmy Kimmel's Tribute to Don Rickles - YouTube
                          Well done, Jimmy Kimmel.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Reports are that the base Trump bombed last night is already operational again. Planes took off today to go bomb the rebels. Runways were undamaged.
                            He knows more about Syria than the generals!!!!

Comment

• We all know you're not supposed to take him at his literal word. Anyone smart understand he meant these guys:

And that's probably true. Or, at least, you can't prove it's NOT true.

Comment

• You can't bomb Syria with any effect with three white pilots...at least Lavar Ball said so...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X