Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Three Pressure Points in Hospital Consolidation - Paul Keckley
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      That's really odd. Online is normal now.
      For some companies. My company will hire someone who has a brick and mortar Bachelors over someone with an on-line Masters. The HR attitude is that on-line degrees are only one step above a matchbook cover university. I tend to agree based on the new graduates from both types I've seen. Work ethic seems to be better in those who had to slog it to an actual classroom rather than those who sit in their kitchen wearing bunny slippers.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I agree with the perception of online vs in person...

Several years ago, Carnegie-Mellon was offering an executive MBA program where you had online lectures 3 weeks out of the month and travelled to Pittsburgh every 4th week. I'm not sure where they stand with that program today or if they've even continued it, but I can see that having value.

I also wonder if the online MBA's are more for employees looking to boost skills or meet an internal corporate requirement. Getting an MBA online while staying with the same employer probably is viewed differently and may not matter.
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I can't believe I missed this: http://freebeacon.com/issues/elizabe...earnings-2016/

Elizabeth Warren pays female staffers 71% of what she pays male staffers. Shame, Pocahontas. Shame.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The wage equality thing has been a bit of a canard for the last 15 years or so.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I think it's clear Elizabeth Warren values male work more than female work. The evidence is manifestly obvious.

Comment

• Shaddup simpleton
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I agree that the value of an online course just seems lower. But it's out there and normal. And it's no cheaper, though you'd think it should be.

Comment

• Customer service aint what it used to be.

[ame]https://twitter.com/JayseDavid/status/851223662976004096[/ame]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• University of Phoenix runs a fine school of officiating wouldn't ya say wiz?

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                        I agree that the value of an online course just seems lower. But it's out there and normal. And it's no cheaper, though you'd think it should be.

And it's often more difficult than the in-person classes.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          I think it's clear Elizabeth Warren values male work more than female work. The evidence is manifestly obvious.
                          Uh...No

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It's interesting that HuffPo used the median as opposed to the mean. I think before this is put to bed, you need the mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              And it's often more difficult than the in-person classes.
                              Plugging in and staying focused with Coursera is pretty damn hard. And maybe employers are right to be skeptical. I got myself a certificate in data analysis from Duke last year, and learned absolutely nothing in the process. Presumably even for an online degree program the standards are much higher, but the suspicion lingers probably for good reason.

Which is why it's such a shitty move to be offering programs online only and at the same price. Caveat emptor...

Comment

• Uh, yes. They refute nothing in the analysis. They simply look at it from 2012. In 2016, Warren paid female staffers 71% of male staffers. Sorry, dude. Even the fantabulously biased HuffPo doesn't dispute that.

Comment

Working...
                                X