No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would bet crash course doesn't think the Birthers were that far off.

Comment

• This, incidentally, moots the "who voted for DJT???" connundrum a bit. I mean, I guess it's still relevant, but when trying to figure out 2016 the number 1 explanation has to be that the Ds ran a shit-boring candidate who ran a shit-awful campaign. The "what does it all mean" stuff presumes that DJT won more than HRC lost.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
        throw in the fact you had a bankrupt government in 25-30 years due to entitlements which Hillary was not going to touch
        Neither was Trump.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• BTW, crash, I liked that WashPo article then and I still think it has currency now.

The fact that you're being called a birther suggests you've struck a nerve. It's their little dog whistle for calling you a racist and thus obviating the need to even consider your opinion.

Comment

• If you believe that democrats or democratic voters work less than republican voters that is a false belief. Why do you think it's true when it is clearly not true?
            and it is untrue because.........you say so? That may not be enough to convince me.

Comment

• The campaign Clinton ran was only slightly better than the flawed 2008 campaign. But it had the hallmarks of the Mark Penn microtrends BS. But she did have a good convention and three good debates. Of course she followed up the good convention with not a lot of campaigning. I think Trump just like crowds but he kept on campaigning. Some of it is just showing up.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                This, incidentally, moots the "who voted for DJT???" connundrum a bit. I mean, I guess it's still relevant, but when trying to figure out 2016 the number 1 explanation has to be that the Ds ran a shit-boring candidate who ran a shit-awful campaign. The "what does it all mean" stuff presumes that DJT won more than HRC lost.
                Hard to argue with that.

Comment

• Is the 'true' unemployment rate in New York City close to 80-90%? Geezer or crash, please run the numbers through your algorithms. Get back to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                    and it is untrue because.........you say so? That may not be enough to convince me.
                    I posted my support. Where is yours?

Comment

• This, incidentally, moots the "who voted for DJT???" connundrum a bit. I mean, I guess it's still relevant, but when trying to figure out 2016 the number 1 explanation has to be that the Ds ran a shit-boring candidate who ran a shit-awful campaign. The "what does it all mean" stuff presumes that DJT won more than HRC lost.
                      Correct. On this forum, I was anti-Hillary and Hannibal was pro-Trump. I think that roughly mirrors the breakdown of the Trump voters. If the Ds had just played it straight, Joe Biden would have gotten the nomination and won the election. The Ds felt Hillary was owed the nomination, in part because she was a woman. Once again, it is the cost of interest-group politics.

Comment

• To follow on re 2016, if and when the Ds get back to running a strong candidate, they'll win. I think the presidential elections are still the Ds to win or lose. They can't be particularly encouraged by the B10 States, but the 3 "firewall" states they lost are still, at least, bluish purple.

Now, what constitutes a "strong candidate" may be up for debate. But, IMO, the Ds still have a far more favorable path to the White House. The Rs, conversely, should continue to be a force in Congress.

Comment

• I'm definitely not a birther--I think if your a citizen that's enough to be able to run for any office

I voted for Obama after he whacked binladen

trump was the best one to increase gdp grow the economy and encourage people that working is better then sitting at home imo

like the article I don't worry so much about myself as what I stick my kids and grandkids with

my kids are worse off them I am and all 3 work their asses off

one is a sheriff in a large town, one got a gps degree --both make less then 60K a year and live paycheck to paycheck
                          daughter a far lefty makes 150K in cali and pays half of that in taxes between feds and cali and lives in a studio the size of my one car garage and still needs money from me for phone and carinsurance

she is starting to see the light however that our middle class kids have nothing to look forward to when their efforts are being taxed away by the government and their health care premiums were going to be eaten away by obamacare. medical insurance is not a perc for working a good job anymore and your stuck with 6K deductible (est) before you get that first payment from insurance after your done paying through the nose. obamacare premium hikes hit perfectly for the middle class to say fok this shit and go vote for trump

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            It was, I think, a total failure on the part of HRC. Total.

The new book on the disastrous campaign has a nice tidbit. The Ds quit doing polling. They had no idea they were losing Pennsylvania or Michigan. None. The RNC was getting polling data from those two states right before the election and couldn't believe it. They, in fact, didn't believe it. But, they knew the states were close. And they were campaigning hard in them.

Meanwhile, HRC campaigned in motherfucking Arizona more than she did in Wisconsin. ARIZONA. Un-fucking-fathomable.
                            That claim seems unrealistic to me, especially given modern technology's ability to access other polling sources, but the CC priorities seem to reflect it.

But then, most polls were demonstrably off, so who knows if its makes much difference. She'd have still seen what she was expecting, or close to it.

Comment

• So why do you say that Democrats are more likely to not work?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                                That claim seems unrealistic to me, especially given modern technology's ability to access other polling sources, but the CC priorities seem to reflect it.

But then, most polls were demonstrably off, so who knows if its makes much difference. She'd have still seen what she was expecting, or close to it.
                                State polls were off but not by a ton. There were a lot fewer of them than in the last two elections.

The national polls, as it turns out, were pretty accurate.

Comment

Working...
                                X