Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here you go AA

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vw2CrY9Igs"]Idiocracy - Brawndo - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
      That's not all bad. There are pros to profit orgs and bringing some of these ideas to D.C. could be beneficial. Trump being able to execute on them... well, I'm not sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I don't think I can disagree with that. But I think what Trump and others miss, is that governing and running a business are fundamentally different. Lots of concepts can carry over, but there are big differences in the goals, stakeholders, and the "employees" (who you can't fire).
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

CEO's are used to people following orders. Other executives are accustomed to having to influence. Trump has never had to influence others to execute what he's want. He's always been in charge.

Last edited by entropy; April 20, 2017, 03:29 PM.
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Jeff Sessions complaining about the weird decisions that the courts are making against the Trump executive orders on immigration.

Sessions said he was amazed that a judge in Hawaii could block Trump’s executive order halting immigration from several majority Muslim countries.

snip:

.... I really am amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific can issue an order that stops the President of the United States from what appears to be clearly his statutory and Constitutional power."

...... I think that it will be real important for America to have judges in the model of Judge (Neil) Gorsuch and (the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin) Scalia, people who serve under the law, under the Constitution, not above it, and they are faithful to the law.:

Yes Mr. Sessions we need more judges that put corporations (Gorsuch) over people.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Another key fact is he wasn't a good businessman in terns of success. His companies have had 6 bankruptcies. He was much better as a self promoter and being on the grift. If you need a guy who can maximize his own earnings as he steers a company into the iceberg, he is your guy.

He wasnn't really a CEO in terms of how we view CEOs. You tell me a CEO, I'm thinking of a guy in charge of a large company with at least 10,000 people. He is running the family business.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
              I don't think I can disagree with that. But I think what Trump and others miss, is that governing and running a business are fundamentally different. Lots of concepts can carry over, but there are big differences in the goals, stakeholders, and the "employees" (who you can't fire).
              The ability to make great deals should carry over to governing rather seamlessly, yes? Its an art after all.

Comment

• Depends what you define as a great deal.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Negotiating with someone once is different than negotiating with someone over and over again. I'd propose trump is more skilled in the one and done than repeat based upon his anchoring style. Jmo

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• That's correct. The congressman and bureaucrats will be mainly be there longer than you will be. Scorched earth negotiating doesn't work if you want to get things done as President, conversely scorched earth negotiating does work if you are a congressman who just wants to stay in your safe seat.
                    Last edited by froot loops; April 20, 2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• You can search out new contractors after you screw one over. Minority Leaders are in shorter supply.

Comment

• Or Russian mobsters when you have screwed over the banks too much.

Comment

• The Supreme Court would be far better off with more justices like Gorsuch. And way less judges in the judiciary who seem to think judges set immigration policy.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Federal judges don't set the immigration policy. They just don't let a policy based on discrimination to be set. Thought that was pretty obvious.

Comment

• Another key fact is he wasn't a good businessman in terns of success. His companies have had 6 bankruptcies. He was much better as a self promoter and being on the grift. If you need a guy who can maximize his own earnings as he steers a company into the iceberg, he is your guy.

He wasnn't really a CEO in terms of how we view CEOs. You tell me a CEO, I'm thinking of a guy in charge of a large company with at least 10,000 people. He is running the family business.
                              Froot, the truth is that you know nothing about what Trump did or what his organization entailed. He had 22,450 employees when elected. I took the time to read his financial disclosures, and at the time, he had 503 entities in which he was the CEO. His was not a mom and pop operation as you seem to imply.

The Donald says he'll be the 'greatest jobs president that God ever created.' CNNMoney looks at how many jobs he's already created.

Comment

• Federal judges don't set the immigration policy. They just don't let a policy based on discrimination to be set. Thought that was pretty obvious.
                                They shouldn't, but in 9th Circuit they do. I thought that was pretty obvious. Hopefully the Supreme Court gets a chance to correct some awful precedent.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X