Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Someone isn't seriously saying that a Representative in the House represents their entire state? That couldn't have actually been a real question? Are people actually that fucking stupid?
    I think the point was morseo that Blum's justification for limiting attendance to citizens of the first district was to prevent 'outsiders' from supposedly influencing him. You don't want people from outside Dubuque having an impact on his reelection after all.

That's when the reporter asked if he accepted donations from people outside his district and Blum said THIS INTERVIEW IS OVER!

In the end, screening attendees didnt save him from getting yelled at. Tough breaks.

Comment

• Tunnel collapses at Plutonium waste site in Washington state. Employees evaucated; others told to 'take shelter' and 'refrain from eating and drinking '. The tunnel was a storage site for very hot radioactive waste such as the trains that transported used fuel rods.

Precautionary I'm sure but...yikes

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        The rhetoric has moved from impeachment to life imprisonment for him, Ivanka and Kushner. I'll believe it when I see it.
        That rhetoric is jumping the gun, but serious investigations that aren't being done by compromised investigators should be undertaken. Hacking like this by a foreign power is very serious and should be a concern for any US politician. The Republican senators yesterday besides Ben Sasse did not seem concerned at all about the Russian hacks. One thing is for certain, even if they have found something damaging, Hillary Clinton won't be awarded the Presidency nor will Merrick Garland get a hearing.

But for then to put their heads in the sand regarding the Russian hacks says one thing, "The end justifies the means." That is what their actions are saying.

Comment

• I haven't been paying attention because I don't care. So, I'm gathering that Clapper testified that there was now plenty of evidence that Trump colluded with Russia? Well, that looks like impeachment and indictments.
          Now, you quit harassing the wildlife!

Sen. Graham asked Clapper a very specific question about whether anything has changed from his testimony that there was no evidence of collusion between Trump or his campaign and the Russians. Clapper again confirmed that there is no such evidence.

Comment

• Clapper didn't know of Comey's investigations, if you weren't privy to those investigations you would have no idea. So no, you're wrong read up. Even DJT took down that blatant lie from his header last night.

Comment

• We lose a lot of good soldiers every year because they can make more money, with less bullshit, on the outside.

As a married E6 with 12 years in I bring home roughly 4500 a month, including BAH and BAS. They don't scale our BAH like they do with welfare, a married E6 with no kids gets the exact same amount as I do with 4.
              First, thank you for your service. And the gross underpayment for what you do shows that this is actually "service" and not just a job. There is always support here for paying illegals $ 30,000 or so yearly in illegal benefits, but little support for additional pay for the military.

KidD, is what we hear about readiness, and old equipment actually happening?

Comment

• Clapper didn't know of Comey's investigations, if you weren't privy to those investigations you would have no idea. So no, you're wrong read up. Even DJT took down that blatant lie from his header last night.
                I agree Clapper said this, but I continue to wonder how the Director of National Intelligence is unaware of an FBI counterintelligence probe of this magnitude.

Comment

• ...One thing is for certain, even if they have found something damaging, Hillary Clinton won't be awarded the Presidency nor will Merrick Garland get a hearing.
                  That is just so totally UNFAIR!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

But for then to put their heads in the sand regarding the Russian hacks says one thing, "The end justifies the means." That is what their actions are saying.
                    ...and you expected what, exactly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                      First, thank you for your service. And the gross underpayment for what you do shows that this is actually "service" and not just a job. There is always support here for paying illegals $ 30,000 or so yearly in illegal benefits, but little support for additional pay for the military.

KidD, is what we hear about readiness, and old equipment actually happening?
                      This is false, support for higher pay for the miltary members is always high. We spend the most on defense spending, more than the next 9 countries combined. The support is lacking among the legislators who would rather spend that money on weapon systems.

When you spend 611 billion, it's hard to say the public doesn't support higher salaries. Member salaries are something the general public is going to have hard time exertion any influence. This is actually something Trump would campaign on, let's see if he has any influence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                        ...and you expected what, exactly?
                        What can I say, I'm an idealist. Next time it might happen to the other side. 20 years ago the country was fairly united against Russian influence. They still have nukes and they are run by a KGB dictator. I would think this should be a concern for everyone.

This isn't a one time tbing.

Comment

• Actually I expected what Ben Sasse said yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            What can I say, I'm an idealist. Next time it might happen to the other side. 20 years ago the country was fairly united against Russian influence. They still have nukes and they are run by a KGB dictator. I would think this should be a concern for everyone.

This isn't a one time tbing.
                            Well, what you learned yesterday is that our political Right views the Left as a more of a threat than Putin and his nukes.

Comment

• This is false, support for higher pay for the miltary members is always high. We spend the most on defense spending, more than the next 9 countries combined. The support is lacking among the legislators who would rather spend that money on weapon systems.

When you spend 611 billion, it's hard to say the public doesn't support higher salaries. Member salaries are something the general public is going to have hard time exertion any influence. This is actually something Trump would campaign on, let's see if he has any influence.
                              ? ? ?

Lots of sentences saying contradictory things. I don't know what to call it........I've got it! It's a word salad!!

Comment

• The first three words are sufficient, your post is false. It's not my fault you can't comprehend.

Comment

Working...
                                X