Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
    Because he wanted to cover his ass with a recommendation from a highly respected professional prosecutor, and that prosecutor was installed April 28.

crash, that was a great post.

Now, DSL, do you think Comey was doing a good job as FBI Director?
    I've already said Trump wanted cover to fire Comey, a decision he had made at least a week before Rosenstein composed yesterday's letter. The letter was cover, nothing more, and I think nothing or next to nothing in it are the real reasons he was fired.

Comment

• The Russian stuff is pure coincidence.

Comment

• I've already said Trump wanted cover to fire Comey, a decision he had made at least a week before Rosenstein composed yesterday's letter. The letter was cover, nothing more, and I think nothing or next to nothing in it are the real reasons he was fired.
        I don't remember you saying Trump wanted cover. So why make a point of saying Trump could have done this on day one? Trump wanted to CYA, and the person that was Comey's direct superior was not confirmed before April 27 or 28. I believe Trump recognized the corruption in the DOJ no later than July 5, 2016. As I said, had the AG not been caught meeting with Bill Clinton, Comey wouldn't have had an excuse to do any of the conferences or letters subsequent to Lynch's unethical behavior.
        Last edited by Da Geezer; May 10, 2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• EDIT: Deleted post because the tweet quoted had been deleted. It turns out the DOJ is denying everything; Comey never requested anything, so they say.
          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; May 10, 2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Da Geezer is the sole person on Planet Earth that believes that rationale. He has surpassed Sean Hannity.
            Last edited by froot loops; May 10, 2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
              So why make a point of saying Trump could have done this on day one? Trump wanted to CYA, and the person that was Comey's direct superior was not confirmed before April 27 or 28.

DSL: Had you heard that there was no grand jury for the entire Hillary inquiry?
              Geezer: Have you heard that there WERE grand jury subpoenas issues against Michael Flynn and several of his associates? I posted about it last night.

Federal prosecutors have issued grand jury subpoenas to associates of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn seeking business records, as part of the ongoing probe of Russian meddling in last year’s election, according to people familiar with the matter.

I take it you sharply disagree with Justin Amash who's now very open to the creation of an independent commission.

Comment

• https://news.grabien.com/story-10-major-fbi-scandals-comeys-watch

here's how comey has been doing just so ya know how good a job he's done
                and you guys are defending him huh? crying schumer quote--"I have lost all trust in him" (comey) last year- what a hypocrit

Comment

• Heh

Comment

• I'm unclear on why the US attorney in the VA Eastern District or Schneiderman in NY are Trump-proof. Can't he fire them too?

Even so, if there are 25 sealed indictments awaiting final discovery hearings, then maybe there really is too much progress.

Comment

• He certainly can't fire Schneiderman. The other ones he can.

Comment

• Trump can deploy Roger Stone to reprise his successful smear campaign that Stone deployed against Spitzer. Although it might be a little obvious.

Comment

• Geezer: Have you heard that there WERE grand jury subpoenas issues against Michael Flynn and several of his associates? I posted about it last night.
                          Cmon Strange, you are better than that. I've made it clear that it was the Hillary "investigation" that had no grand jury (both her Espionage Act and bribery criminal conduct). Try to keep up. Of course, Flynn's investigation has a GJ, because it is an actual investigation.

It you remove the existence of a GJ for Hillary, so much of what I felt were "half-measures" make sense. For example, why not give immunity to that guy Brian Pagliano who set up Hillary's home server after he took the fifth. Answer, there was no GJ to do so, specifically, or generally, there was no possibility of prosecution without a grand jury.

Now, focus.....1) Did you know before I posted it last evening that there had been no grand jury, in the Hillary inquiry?
                          2. Do you believe Comey should have been fired?

The fix was in.
                          Last edited by Da Geezer; May 10, 2017, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• I'm unclear on why the US attorney in the VA Eastern District or Schneiderman in NY are Trump-proof. Can't he fire them too?
                            I thought Rosenstein was from the Eastern District.

Comment

• BTW, is has been confirmed that Andy McCabe is the acting FBI director. His wife ran as a Democrat for the state senate in VA. She received $ 700,000 total from the Dem State committee, and from a PAC, both of which were controlled by Terry McAluffe. You might remember McCabe as the guy who was heading up the Hillary investigation. To be fair, McCabe also told Priebus that the whole Russian thing was a bunch of political bullshit.

Can you see why us hicks out here in shitland think Washington DC is a swamp?

Comment

• I'm laughing audibly at that last post

Comment

Working...
                                X