No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The FBI has raided a GOP fundraising firm in Annapolis, MD. The investigation being handled directly by the DC FBI, not a local branch.

FBI agents executed a search warrant Thursday at an office of a fundraising and consulting firm in Annapolis that works for Republican candidates and conservative causes nationwide, the 11 News I-Team has learned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      You know, it's not just staff. He had Pence out there lying for him all day yesterday. Someone kept a count and Pence said 7 times during his press conf yesterday that Trump was just following Rosenstein's recommendation. Today Trump admits it didn't matter what Rosenstein or Sessions said; he was firing Comey.

Does Pence crave power enough to keep putting up with this shit?
      Yes. He is playing the good solider. Should Trump get his ass tossed out, he becomes President with relatively little stink on him. He is extremely conservative (making the FC people happy) and was part of the Washington establishment for a dozen years and is not, you know, Trump crazy (making the establishment Republicans happy).
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Ryan has no love for President Trump but is hamstrung because Trump is more popular in his district (among Republican voters) than he is
        Ryan isn't losing in his district no way, no how. DJT was f'n with Ryan at the height of DJT's popularity in August by saying nice things about Ryan's primary opponent, and Ryan won 84-16. I don't know what factors into Ryan's political calculations, but I'd bet everything I had that losing in the primary to a Trump-backed candidate isn't one of them.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          You know, it's not just staff. He had Pence out there lying for him all day yesterday. Someone kept a count and Pence said 7 times during his press conf yesterday that Trump was just following Rosenstein's recommendation. Today Trump admits it didn't matter what Rosenstein or Sessions said; he was firing Comey.

Does Pence crave power enough to keep putting up with this shit?
          I don't know about Pence, because his public persona is that he's the culture-clash guy, whereas McConnell and Ryan are the butlers of plutocrats. For the latter two, it makes sense to do as much as you can to take as much of the pie as you can right now. I don't know about Pence.

Comment

• Pence would be much worse for Progs than Trump. Trump's politics run the gamut. Pence is an entrenched conservative ideologue.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Unclear to me what he'd want to do with Wall Street, coal, etc. etc. I don't know.

Comment

• Pence may not be any more cleaner than Trump. Ryan may be in the same boat, it might be in their best interest to run as much interference as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  Unclear to me what he'd want to do with Wall Street, coal, etc. etc. I don't know.
                  Talent is right on Pence. Economically, very much a conservative in the traditional republican mold. Socially, very much for religious liberty and very much against LGBTQ rights. This was a guy that opposed women being in the military (combat roles I believe) back when he was US Rep.
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• That stuff is going to fall away though. I don't see the hardcore ``my religion first'' people as equally dangerous as the racists, plutocrats, and Trump open kleptocracy. Just my guess. I don't think Pence is as anywhere near as dangerous as Trump. I'd take that trade.

Comment

• Much more on the GOP consultant in Annapolis that was raided today. Investigation appears to be related to a Ken Cuccinelli lawsuit against them.

Comment

• LOL

[ame]https://twitter.com/adamgoldmanNYT/status/862747683919941634[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          That stuff is going to fall away though. I don't see the hardcore ``my religion first'' people as equally dangerous as the racists, plutocrats, and Trump open kleptocracy. Just my guess. I don't think Pence is as anywhere near as dangerous as Trump. I'd take that trade.
                          Pence isn't a moron, but Talent is right policy wise he is worse than Trump.

Pence is a big believer in America First and shutting down the border. On the environment not a lot of difference there. Pence does not believe in climate change. Big fan of school choice. Very anti-LGBTQ rights and a huge pro-life guy. This is a guy that believes in conversation therapy for homosexuals.

Comment

• Yeah, Pence is a true believer, unlike Trump who just says whatever he thinks will appeal to his base. Pence is also a career politician who's going to understand how to work the system to try to get his agenda in place. He could definitely be a bigger problem for people who support tolerance, globalism, equal rights, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                              Yeah, Pence is a true believer, unlike Trump who just says whatever he thinks will appeal to his base. Pence is also a career politician who's going to understand how to work the system to try to get his agenda in place. He could definitely be a bigger problem for people who support tolerance, globalism, equal rights, etc.
                              a Pence/Ryan duo with the Republican majorities would do a lot of damage.

Comment

• The FBI, CIA, NSA, Director of National Intelligence, Justice Department, and the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Network are investigating how Putin funneled money into the United States to help Trump win the presidential election.

that was all between election day and inauguration day that Obama and company unleashed every asset listed above to investigate a hoped for collusion

If I remember right trump refused to take donations for awhile --so following the money train would have to get into his own finances he spent 66 million of his own including selling his entire stock portfolio to raise money finally getting to about 300 million he wound up raising for his campaign

and Hillary raised 565 million almost twice as much

an yet we are looking for a money trail from 6 agencies and 2 branches of congress trying to find a money trail that trump was aided by the Russians to win the election

so far nyet

Donald Trump pumped a total of $66 million of his own money into his campaign, according to campaign finance disclosures.

The damn shame of it is the focus and efforts of the congress and executive is all about this and nothing about tax reform and entitlement reform

Comment

Working...
                                X