No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has already, but it's also not hard to tell reported facts from make up crap.

Comment

• Crash: You will notice that the progs here never reply directly to what you say, they simply attack you or your sources. That is because they are not capable of actual debate.

I'm convinced, however, that Trump is and has been unethical, stunningly so,...
      And your specific instances are......?

Jeff, you and I were old enough to have lived through Watergate. There is a vast difference in how the major media behaves now as opposed to then. Hoss is obviously correct in pointing to all the sources we have now for information, but the mainstream media today makes no pretense of impartiality. In the 70's there were stories going both directions on Watergate. Nothing like that today. NYT even said outright that they were giveing up the pretense of impartiality because Trump is suce a threat to the nation.

And in Watergate, you had Congresmen of integrity like Sam Ervin and Howard Baker (from both parties) doing the investigation. Our politics has devolved to the point where the Dems block even the most routine appointments.

Alan Dershowitz today called the Special Council appointment "Stalinist". Here is a person with unlimited funds and the full force of the federal government, grand juries, NSA surveilance, the works, in search of a crime. And, as with all special prosecutors, Mueller has to find a crime to justify the expenditures. Keep in mind that Mueller will be presenting any evidence to a grand jury, a situation where the prosecutor's is the only point of view given. No one will ever hear exculpitory evidence. That is true even if the grand jury doesn't indite.

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The real conspiracy here is who it is that's really and truly getting to the bottom of things:

Last edited by hack; May 19, 2017, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Nice beaver...

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
              Crash: You will notice that the progs here never reply directly to what you say, they simply attack you or your sources. That is because they are not capable of actual debate.

And your specific instances are......?

Jeff, you and I were old enough to have lived through Watergate. There is a vast difference in how the major media behaves now as opposed to then. Hoss is obviously correct in pointing to all the sources we have now for information, but the mainstream media today makes no pretense of impartiality. In the 70's there were stories going both directions on Watergate. Nothing like that today. NYT even said outright that they were giveing up the pretense of impartiality because Trump is suce a threat to the nation.

And in Watergate, you had Congresmen of integrity like Sam Ervin and Howard Baker (from both parties) doing the investigation. Our politics has devolved to the point where the Dems block even the most routine appointments.

Alan Dershowitz today called the Special Council appointment "Stalinist". Here is a person with unlimited funds and the full force of the federal government, grand juries, NSA surveilance, the works, in search of a crime. And, as with all special prosecutors, Mueller has to find a crime to justify the expenditures. Keep in mind that Mueller will be presenting any evidence to a grand jury, a situation where the prosecutor's is the only point of view given. No one will ever hear exculpitory evidence. That is true even if the grand jury doesn't indite.
              Counterpoint - crashcourse said 44 thousand emails were sent to Wikileaks by Seth Rich. Where did he get this information and was it verified? He's the one asking people to comment on it.

Counterpoint - crashcourse also misleadingly said the pee tape had DJT peeing on Russian girls and it was widely reported. False. The Steele Dossier (commissioned by a GOP campaign) stated that he hired prostitutes to pissed on the beds where the Obama's stayed. Get it correct. Nevertheless, other aspects of the Steele dossier have been given a lot of weight by the FBI even if the pee tape is never produced. But it certainly hasn't been reported like crashcourse stated.
              Last edited by froot loops; May 19, 2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• "crashcourse said 44 thousand emails were sent to Wikileaks by Seth Rich"

I didn't say it I just linked the fox article. what I said was to DSL that for the family to accept the robbery theory the police have and ignore the fact that the wikileaks founder posted a 20,000 dollar reward for their sons killer then did an interview in Holland with more mysterious hints of collaboration with rich would get me asking questions if I was that parent

far as your other counterpoint you really think who was pissing on who was relevant in the context of my post? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                  .........And your specific instances are......?
                  We're not talking about irrefutable evidence in a court of law, nor are we attemping to build a case for criminal misconduct that can be prosecuted.

We'll before a prosecuteable case could be made against Bernard Madoff, his world started to unravel when his unethical investment practices were unmasked. Not saying this will happen to Trump nor comparing Trump's ethics to Madoff's. But there is an established record of Trump's questionable behaviors both before and during his presidency. A simple Google search will produce a long list of them.

Yes, geezer, there is a "vast difference in how the major media behaves now as opposed to (Water Gate)." Yes, it is more flaggrantly bias. No, that does not mean I can't choose my reading materials carefully with a goal of finding balance.

Yes we did have "Congresmen of integrity like Sam Ervin and Howard Baker (from both parties) doing the (work of Congress)" Both political parties are guilty of blocking the other party's routine appointments. While I think there is more political polarization, I don't see how that applies to assessing DJT's behavior.

I'm on record as opposing special prosecutors, council or whatever but not because of the emotionally charged language that they are "Stalinist".
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yes, geezer, there is a "vast difference in how the major media behaves now as opposed to (Water Gate)." Yes, it is more flaggrantly bias. No, that does not mean I can't choose my reading materials carefully with a goal of finding balance.

Say it often enough and people will believe it. Like they'll believe that Hillary's friend ran a pedo ring out of a pizzeria, or like they'll believe some connection between the DNC and Wikileaks that, even were it to be true, would still have nothing to do with the question of whether the president is compromising security.

Same thing with media. No matter how many times we hear lies and repeated lies about media, you still get the facts when you read a newspaper. That's what you did during Watergate from the Times and the Post and others, and that's what you do now. You can also get all sorts of other nonsense things from now that you couldn't then, like blog posts and all, but, in the end, the stuff in the main stories on the front page are facts.

When they aren't, you'll know about it. Newspapers publish corrections on a daily basis when somebody gets it wrong. Nobody's perfect. There is transparency built into the system and it's there so you can see for yourself.

Comment

• Uh oh, White House official is a person of interest in the Trump Russia probe according to Washington Post. The source would not reveal who it was.

Comment

• I WONDER IF IT WAS THE PERSON WHO TOLD THE RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTER HE HAD OBSTRUCTED AN INVESTGATION????????

Comment

• Anyone know where I can buy a shirt with Trump on it as well as the phrase "Loose lips sink ships"?

Good god what a fucking idiotic move.

Comment

• Is it him or Kushner?

Comment

• I honestly don't know. Maybe it's really persons. But there is no question there is cause to investigate him for obstruction.

Comment

• Apparently he is not only most happy and glowing when hanging out with Russians, but he's also a hell of a lot more open and honest with them than he with us. But its not worrisome or anything.

#buthysteria

Comment

Working...
                                X