Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

In short, the decision provides an end-run challenge to gerrymandering. If there's sufficient racial imbalance then district is in trouble even if drawn for political purposes. As this is the case for almost every oddly drawn district...
    So if I read this correctly, it would seem to be a victory to have less gerrymandered districts and in time as lines are redrawn perhaps less safe districts for either political party. I wonder if that means you have to have a demographic representation of the region the district is in?
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Better at uncovering the coverup.

Comment

• My district looks like a clunky S, a snake or a boomerang. It's got this weird half mile section in my neighborhood that is carved out for another district.

It's time to update the reapportionment act if 1929. There's no commandment that deems 435 should be forever the amount of Representatives.

Comment

• Probable terror attack in England at an Ariana Grande concert. Police saying 'multiple fatalities' but very few details yet

Comment

• The 11th district in Michigan is a great one, as it carves around Pontiac to connect West Bloomfield with Birmingham.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              My district looks like a clunky S, a snake or a boomerang. It's got this weird half mile section in my neighborhood that is carved out for another district.

It's time to update the reapportionment act if 1929. There's no commandment that deems 435 should be forever the amount of Representatives.
              4.35 would be sufficient.

Comment

• Haven't seen anything terror related on the Manchester thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                  Haven't seen anything terror related on the Manchester thing?
                  Very few details so far. Something I saw on BBC earlier suggested an 'explosion' in the lobby or box office area, not in the arena itself.

Comment

• Yeah, seeing possible suicide bomber now. Mfer.

Comment

• Yeah, anybody hitting an Ariana Grande show is specifically targeting young girls (like my daughter, who attended one of her shows a few weeks ago) and is a seriously twisted asshole who is especially worthy of slow-roasting in hellfire.

Comment

• It's a tragedy no matter who it is, but that's a show where a high % of the concert goers are going to be kids. Fucking bastards.

Comment

• Beat me to it Hoss. Yes, just makes it feel thet much more evil.

Comment

• Iran & Iraq are the only major countries that are majority Shia. Lebanon and Azerbaijan are two smaller ones. Just about every other Muslim country on earth is majority Sunni and outside of the Middle East (e.g. North Africa and SE Asia) Shias exist in only small minorites
                            Thanks. I asked the question on another forum, and about the only thing everyone agreed on was Hussein was the greatest martyr in Shia Islam, so the likelihood of BHO being Shia is greater. also this:

Comment

• More birther bullshit

Comment

• Thanks. I asked the question on another forum, and about the only thing everyone agreed on was Donald was the greatest duck in Disney history, so the likelihood of Trump being fucking cartoon is greater.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X