Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

I have no doubt BO is a better person than Trump and trust his motivations more...

But he still back channeled and if you complain about one doing it you have to complain about both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by entropy; May 31, 2017, 06:56 PM.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Geezer.. if you fire a guy investigating you, there is only one sane conclusion that can be drawn

Comment

• If no one's been paying attention to the British election, Teresa May has been conducting a wildly incompetent and cowardly campaign. She called for an early election expecting to add to her majority but it's backfired; the Tories now look like they are fighting to control Parliament.

Comment

• News, Breaking News, Arts, Culture, Commentary, Notes, Editorial, Community, Newspaper, leading, nonprofit, information, platform, encourages, people, public, policy, conversation

Hopefully they win against the FEC

Comment

• Opioid epidemic

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
              I have no doubt BO is a better person than Trump and trust his motivations more...

But he still back channeled and if you complain about one doing it you have to complain about both.

I have already explained the difference, let's see how the investigation turns out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                If no one's been paying attention to the British election, Teresa May has been conducting a wildly incompetent and cowardly campaign. She called for an early election expecting to add to her majority but it's backfired; the Tories now look like they are fighting to control Parliament.
                They are certainly having trouble. It looks like her decision to backtrack on calling an election was not wise.

If the election. Turns out bad for them, it will make the Brexit negotiations even tougher.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  I have already explained the difference, let's see how the investigation turns out.
                  This. I'm having trouble understanding whether you don't understand the difference between a backchannel and what happened, or if you see there are differences but don't believe they are important. As such, I'm having trouble addressing your concerns in a way that might be helpful.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Cnn is reporting that Congress is investigating another Sessions meeting that he failed to disclose. This one was at the Mayflower hotel for a Trump campaign event in April of 2016. These fellows just keep on forgetting these meetings. All kinds of weird coincidences with Russians.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post

You do not. You have to learn enough to evaluate it intelligently, and then make a decision about how you feel about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        If no one's been paying attention to the British election, Teresa May has been conducting a wildly incompetent and cowardly campaign. She called for an early election expecting to add to her majority but it's backfired; the Tories now look like they are fighting to control Parliament.
                        People who think Bernie Sanders is an idiot should kick the tires on Jeremy Corbyn. It's pretty astonishing what a bad set of options are there right now in the UK, just like the two Americans chose from in late '16.

Comment

• Geezer.. if you fire a guy investigating you, there is only one sane conclusion that can be drawn
                          I get your point as to optics. But I disagree with your conclusion.

Firing Comey would have zero effect on any investigation, and it is the investigation that matters, not the executive who "heads" it. The actual investigating is done by professionals well below Comey. No one could have any reasonable expectation that firing Comey would affect the actual investigation. If you believe the press accounts, almost all the line special agents were Comey fans. If anything, Comey's firing could be expected to increase the intensity of the investigation for no other reason than to avenge Comey.

As importantly, Rosenstein had just been confirmed by the Senate, and he provided a CYA for the firing. And let's not forget the context of Comey's behavior, on July 5, 2016, in clearing Hillary of any criminal charges for crimes she clearly did commit. As it turns out, there had been no investigation of Hillary, only an "inquiry", and no investigatory tools were allowed the "investigators". What Comey did on July 5 was really extraordinary in taking over the prosecutorial role from the DOJ. This came immediately after L. Lynch's clandestine meeting with Bill C. and her refusal to recuse herself.

There was no good time to "fire" Comey. The same presumptions would have applied if Trump had fired him on January 20. No doubt Trump should have done it immediately after the inauguration, but he chose to keep Comey on. BTW, This has been the Trump pattern. He has tended to keep executives in place, even if they are firmly anti-Trump, as Comey clearly is.
                          Last edited by Da Geezer; June 1, 2017, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Da Geezer seems blissfully unaware that Trump admitted to firing Comey to stop the Russia investigation he is still clinging to that flimsy Rosenstein excuse that even the Trump administration is not even using anymore. You have to give the guy consistency for defending his boy.

Comment

• STFU
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X