No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the trend continues. Prediction: Incognito plays next year and Martin has played his last game in the NFL.

Comment

• I think that they'll both be back. Martin reminds me a lot of Ricky Williams. He got a couple of second chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
        The Denver performance was prophetic. If the Lions ever make it to the Super Bowl, the Broncos provided a glimpse of how Detroit would do...minus the eight points...
        You never know. If the Fords ever give up the team, they could get good. Not just Lions good, but legitimately good.

Comment

• Oh man. How about those Sochi Olympics!? This morning I couldn't have cared less, now I can't get enough. This will go down in debacle history.

Canadian journalist Stephen Whyno has arrived at the Olympic village in Sochi, and he got to take a peek at one of the bedrooms that members of the Canadian hockey team will be staying in. It's going to be like being at summer camp!

I especially like the picture of the "very dangerous water" and the tweet: "My hotel doesn't have a lobby yet". O.M.G.

The North American media has descended on Sochi, and...how do we put this gently? Sochi's not ready.

"Oh, and one journalist in the Omega hotel complex had to refuse a colleague's request to stay a night in the second twin bed because … well, there's no easy way to say this, but when the first journalist arrived, someone had left an indeterminate amount of semen on the sheets of the second bed, and those sheets had been taken away for cleaning, and hadn't come back."

Another observation from a German journalist:

"The outdoor area and floors/staircase/elevator inside were still under construction and completely dirty," Reuter wrote, adding that the room he was shown "had no light in the main room, the water out of the tap was yellow/brown, the air conditioning, TV, kitchenware were all not working ... Beside this the room was totally dirty and everywhere covered with dust."
          The next room was worse.
          "In some rooms you actually saw that there are still the construction workers sleeping and living," he wrote.
          Seeing the dog walk out of the third room he was shown was a step too far.
          "When I came out of the elevator, there was the dog. I said, 'Right, that's it,'"

Apparently, there are stray dogs running all over town but Putin has doggy death squads hard at work rounding them up and sending them off to doggy Auschwitz. This shit is absolutely crazy.
          Last edited by Mike; February 4, 2014, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Remember when Olympic officials said they weren't going to murder stray animals in Sochi? Well, turns out they are definitely murdering stray dogs now.
            The city has a contract with a "pest control firm" in the area for the express purpose of exterminating stray dogs throughout the Olympics, which begin this Friday. Alexei Sorokin, the company's director general, said they'd be "catching and disposing" of the dogs, but would not elaborate on the part between the catching and the disposing.

Remember when Olympic officials said they weren't going to murder stray animals in Sochi? Well, turns out they are definitely murdering stray dogs now.

Comment

• LOL... Putin will go from being some hero to a goat
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Not to the members of the IOC he probably paid off.

Comment

• Probably?

Comment

• Might have paid off their wives instead?

Comment

• Not only is it the most expensive Olympics of any kind at $50B, it is more than all previous winter games combined. And I'm pretty sure all the other ones had door knobs and clean water. Lol

Comment

• lol
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Not only is it the most expensive Olympics of any kind at $50B, it is more than all previous winter games combined. And I'm pretty sure all the other ones had door knobs and clean water. Lol
                          It is estimated that Putin and his oligarchic mobsters stole 30B from Russian taxpayers. The venues are modular and will be disassembled after the games and shipped out. They're trucking snow in for over 2 years because Sochi is actually subtropical on the Black Sea. 26 soldiers for each athlete at the games.

In 1980 it cost 132M to host the Lake Placid games in NY.
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Modular venues ?! WTF? The Pulte Olympics? So we should expect to see Olympic sized tornadoes at the Sochi Trailer Park?
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Over 400 M in NHL salaries by Team Canada and Russians offer unfit accommodations for the greatest hockey players in the world?

Apparently Team Russia's aren't much bigger. The IOC & Putin have swindled billions, you would think they would offer proper accommodations to all the "pro" athletes attending the games, they are not amateurs, why the Gulag?

This must be the NHL's final participation in such corruption.

[youtube]L2OfCK38_vA[/youtube]
                              Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 5, 2014, 08:37 AM.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Let them fill the Bolshoy with Ice Dancing instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X