Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
    I stole this from PNN but there's a lot of truth

flyover country people voted for Trump because he talked about the things that they care about. And since being elected, Trump has done - or tried to do - everything he told the deplorables he would do:

Got us out of TPP; approved the Keystone pipeline; intervened to keep businesses from moving US jobs overseas; started rolling back federal regulations that destroy jobs; pruned back wasteful bureaucracies like the EPA; called out AGW for the fraud that it is; started the process of building the wall; started enforcing federal immigration law and punishing illegal immigrants who commit violent crimes: laid the groundwork for punishing sanctuary cities; called out the Iranian nuclear deal as the disastrous act of appeasement that is was; called Islamic terrorism Islamic terrorism; tried to prevent just anybody from terrorist-infested countries from walking right into the US without vetting; attempted to repeal and replace the utterly failed Obamacare; stopped Obama's war on Christian wedding photographers and florists, stopped Obama's war on Catholic nuns; stopped Obama's war on the second amendment; got the federal government out of the nationwide bathroom business...

That stuff inspires a lot of people in flyover country. That's why Trump is president, and probably will be again in 2020

Professor tiger
    If you EVER quote that mouth-breathing fucktard here again, I will fly to that godforsaken dustbowl you call a home and kick you square in the giblets.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• called Islamic terrorism Islamic terrorism

And then gave the biggest state sponsor of global terrorism free reign to bully smaller state sponsors of terrorism. And then he himself shrank from using the term you so badly wanted him to use. How is that a good thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        I don't have a good answer here. I'm just tired of hearing people bitch and moan about how Middle America (whatever that even is) gets perpetually screwed by the coasts, when the reverse is closer to the truth.

Fire up the coasts. Apply Trump's strategy to the cities. We now know you can tell people what to be angry about, and you don't have to make shit up like Trump did.

Of course that answer is facile and the solution is complex. But, in general, it's time for that. Come up with a positive slogan and then go negative, Negative, NEGATIVE. Point and the villans and point at yourself as the slayer.
        1. Run good candidates

2. Compete everywhere

To take back the house they are going to have to compete in a ton of races.

Comment

• What are ``good candidates'' though? The party cannot agree. I think it has to get over Hillary. As long as powerful voices in the party are defending the campaign she ran, it's an obstacle to learning.

Comment

• Hack they didn't have a lot of people willing to run. That's why you had guys like Price running unopposed.

Comment

• How long before he takes credit for this?

[ame]https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/877694296543158274[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                My older daughter has a basketball coach that is a huge Trump supporter. Every once in awhile he lectures his team on how great Trump is. Sunday was one of those days, he had all of the greatest hits:

Obama was the true racist
                The ICE raids in Dearborn were great
                Global warming is a myth
                WTF? How is that allowed, whether pro-Trump or pro-Obama/anti-Trump?

Comment

• It's a private school Main, I'm sure I could make a stink about it but that would be ineffective or counterproductive. He couldn't believe she was class President, she thinks it is because he doesn't think she's smart.

She kind of laughed at him, I told her she'll face far worse jackasses in her life. Channel the anger and be like Robbie Benson was at the end on One on One.

Comment

• I mean if my kid was fine dealing with a jackass like that it's probably best to not raise too much of a stink for her sake. But I'd be steaming, especially if I'm shelling out what I'm sure is no small amount of tuition.

Comment

• 3 days after Trump boasted about his 50-50 approval rating in the Rasmussen poll, he's at 45-55. Doesn't seem to be drawing attention to this poll any more. And it's one of his best ratings.

Comment

• Don't feel bad, Loops. This happened at my kid's high school today.

You can see the list here:

Concerns from local residents have led to a summer reading list for a Spanish Fort High School AP Government/Economics being pulled. Spanish Fort High teacher Gene Ponder’s summer reading list …

Jesus. The fucking guy should be fired.

Spanish Fort High AP reading list pulled after concerns from residents
                        Posted online, this copy of Spanish Fort High teacher Gene Ponder's summer reading list includes a majority conservative and right-leaning authors, a point that concerned local residents and led to several complaints being lodged with the Baldwin County School System.
                        Posted online, this copy of Spanish Fort High teacher Gene Ponder's summer reading list includes a majority conservative and right-leaning authors, a point that concerned local residents and led to several complaints being lodged with the Baldwin County School System.
                        Posted Wednesday, June 21, 2017 5:55 pm
                        By Cliff McCollum
                        Concerns from local residents have led to a summer reading list for a Spanish Fort High School AP Government/Economics being pulled.

Spanish Fort High teacher Gene Ponder’s summer reading list for his class included a number of texts from a majority of conservative and right-leaning authors including Ann Coulter, Michael Savage, Ron Paul, Thomas Sowell, Chuck Colson and Ronald Reagan.

Some of the titles of the books included “Trickle Up Poverty: Stopping Obama’s Attacks on Our Borders, Economy and Security,” “Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto,” “48 Liberal Lies About American History,” “Guilty: Liberal ‘Victims’ and Their Assault on America,” “Liberalism is a Mental Disorder,” and “The Land of Fair Play: American Civics from a Christian Perspective,” to name a few.

Ponder had previously been a Republican candidate for Alabama’s lieutenant governorship back in 2010.

Posts shared on social media on June 21 questioned if the Baldwin County School System had endorsed the reading list and the perceived lack of diversity of ideas, as well as whether it met the reading levels required for a 12th grade AP class.

Baldwin County Board of Education President Shannon Cauley said she became aware of the issue through social media and brought it to the attention of school system leaders.

“As the school board rep for the SF area, I saw a concern and addressed it with the Superintendent,” Cauley wrote in a Facebook post. “As a courtesy, the school principal called to let me know that the list had been removed and assignment cancelled. He'll be sending an email to all Senior students/parents to notify them that there will be no summer reading assignment for this AP government class.”

In a statement released to the media, Baldwin County Superintendent Eddie Tyler said the list was removed by the teacher and will not be used.

“Mr. Ponder’s reading list that is going around on social media has not been endorsed by the school system,” Tyler wrote. “The list has been removed by the teacher. Baldwin County Public Schools has a process to vet and approve reading lists so that a variety of sources are used. I expect all employees to follow our processes, procedures and policies.”
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Hah, that's much, much worse.

Comment

• Comment

• "You need to recognize that there are lots and lots of people in flyover country that have a sense of entitlement as huge as any welfare queen in the big cities. Some are farmers; some are laid off steel workers. Many, many of them want the government to bail them out because THEY deserve it; the immoral coastal elites don't. "

my family was Midwestern Indiana autoworkers for the most part shut down after many of my relatives retired but I know they busted ass for years but your right in a sense that between the unions driving up wages for lower skilled workers--they priced themselves out of the market and today when given a choice of working for 50K or getting assistance to the tune of something very close--who wouldn't opt for the latter

I work today in a community with several large plants surviving and see additional commitment to manufacturing and I think the choice of getting as much by not working as you do in doing lower paying labor needs to disappear

part of trumps message is illegal aliens are hardworking low earning cheap labor who basically undercut any attempt by lower middle class to work at a reasonable wage. this drives the lower middle class into making a choice of working their asses off or slipping closer to the poverty line and getting close to same salary

personally I voted for trump to take that choice away and if the govt is going to spend so much on entitlements it might as well get the infrastructure of this country built back up again by shrinking that 100million down to 80,000,000 and forcing able body americans back into the labor market

AA it was a good quote

I even quoted you once in a while when you used to post good stuff

Comment

• and today we roll out trumpcare so to speak

as Obama implodes with the pullout yesterday of anthem out of the Midwest

people are going to have to realize we cant bankrupt companies to provide free health care

75 million people on medicare 1/4 of the country has to be trimmed down

the purpose of public assistance is not to grow to the point it consumes the entirety of our countries budget--its to give people the opportunity to bounce back from adversity

first step create jobs second step get back the middle class third step shrink the pool of people who choose not to work for their own selfish reasons

Comment

Working...
                                X