Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
    Agreed. And the CBO says that the Senate Bill will reduce insurance rates by 30% in 10 years along with saving the government $ 327 Billion. Once again, the CBO's static scoring is the purest form of nonsense.

Regarding the 501(c)(3) discussion, is it proper to assume that if the government gives a tax deduction for donating to any such organization, that the government is subsidizing that organization? I think it is. IMO, doing away with all these types of "subsidies" would be better economics, which means it would never happen.
    I don't doubt for a second that premiums, on the whole, will go down in any Republican-created plan. Coverage will also, nearly inevitably, be significantly shittier. Whether you think that's great depends on how young/healthy you are

Anyone over 50 who doesn't have insurance through an employer should absolutely expect their insurance to be significantly more expensive. Unless they don't mind a huge deductible, and don't need a plan that covers heart disease, cancer, prescription drugs, or diabetes.

Comment

• Police say a man drove a 2016 Dodge Dart into the 6,000-pound granite slab less than a day after it was installed on the grounds of the state Capitol. The man reportedly took video as he accelerated.

I'm not posting this in favor or against the monument.. I'm posting it because I feel this type of response to what someone does not like is going to become more common. I posted an article about being around like minded people makes individuals more radical. Social media is allowing that radical nature to take root at a much faster pace than before. Hopefully, we as a society, can figure out how to disagree and I'm incorrect.
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I'm still trying to figure out how on earth "misleading" figures were part of a political debate!

Now, back to the 15 million who will lose coverage under the ACHA!
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
          http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...-than-24-hours

I'm not posting this in favor or against the monument.. I'm posting it because I feel this type of response to what someone does not like is going to become more common. I posted an article about being around like minded people makes individuals more radical. Social media is allowing that radical nature to take root at a much faster pace than before. Hopefully, we as a society, can figure out how to disagree and I'm incorrect.
          I am surprised that a Dodge Dart is capable of such a feat.

Comment

• heh..
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              I'm still trying to figure out how on earth "misleading" figures were part of a political debate!

Now, back to the 15 million who will lose coverage under the ACHA!
              Well sure, the correct phrasing is 15 million fewer will have insurance...only the ones kicked off medicaid are technically having anything taken away. And even there the Republicans have been saying "drastic reductions in Medicaid funding isn't taking away anyone's benefits because the individual states enjoy the freedom to make up the difference themselves. If your benefits are cut, blame your Governor!"

Comment

• Ent- Apparently the guy who toppled the Ten Commandments is a diagnosed schizophrenic who ran his car into a similar monument in Oklahoma just a few years ago.

Comment

• Has anyone seen geezer?
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well sure, the correct phrasing is 15 million fewer will have insurance...only the ones kicked off medicaid are technically having anything taken away.
                    I heard Rand Paul say today that everyone now on Medicaid is grandfathered in. No one is being "kicked off" Medicaid.

Do you think insurance rates will go up or down under the Senate Plan? also, it should be noted that we now spend around 330 Billion of Medicaid, next year it will be 450 or so under the Senate plan, and 630 under the ACA. Remember, the ACA's actual expense was scheduled to kick in after the 2016 Presidential Election, in 2017.

Also, the Senate Plan contains $130B as a "stabalization" fund for health insurers. Now if we can get them to pass a similar fund for real estate developers and hospital administrators, we will have completely solved the health care debate. All this is is just a shell game. I favor repeal of the ACA, and doing the the replacement after the 2018 elections

Comment

• Has anyone seen geezer?
                      I'm here you toothless moron. Besides, I'd probably miss the things if I were driving.

Comment

• The White House has blocked the media from attending Trump's reelection fundraiser being held at his hotel in DC. Tickets are $35,000 apiece.

The people there don't want to caught on-er, uh, I mean- there's logistical difficulties. No cameras.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!

Comment

• Per FoxNews, Dems now have the biggest edge on healthcare since 2006

[ame]https://twitter.com/JesseFFerguson/status/880204164000653312[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                            I'm here you toothless moron. Besides, I'd probably miss the things if I were driving.
                            I have all my teeth...you are confusing me with the hilljack K-State fan here...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Trump is going after Amazon, for what? He doesn't know yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Trump is going after Amazon, for what? He doesn't know yet.
                                [ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/880049704620494848[/ame]

There's so much winning in that tweet

1) Amazon doesn't own the WashPo; but Jeff Bezos does
                                2) Trump invited Bezos to the WH only a few weeks ago
                                3) There's currently no such thing as an "internet tax...so not paying something that doesn't exist isn't a huge deal
                                4) Amazon has said they are ok with an "internet sales tax" or whatever Trump's implying here
                                5) Most of the GOP is adamantly AGAINST such a tax
                                6) Trump's threatening to use the govt to punish a newspaper for publishing stories he doesn't like...and no one really minds cuz "he's new at this"
                                7) No one outside Trump's brain has ever referred to the Post as "the guardian of Amazon"

Comment

Working...
                                X