No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump very presidential this morning. Jaysus, even Orrin Hatch is throwing subtle hints for him to shut up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
      Is that Talent?
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Orrin Hatch subtle? What? His idea of subtle is using lube for his buggery.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Sorry, I was wrong. Hatch told an interviewer he was 're-commiting to civility' BEFORE Trump's tweets this morning, not after.

Lindsey Graham and Ben Sasse bold enough to suggest Trump's embarrassing himself and the office, though

Comment

• She's careful not to criticize him too sharply but clearly she must've groaned when she saw his BS this morning.

[ame]https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/880433036659232768[/ame]

Comment

• What if Google just told the canucks to fuck off? Would they be able to block the site? How would that even work? Forcing Canadian ISPs to block it? Would the canadiens be able to bring action against Google here?
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                They still make too much money there!
                There's like, what, 119 people in Norte Minnesota? Maybe another 10 that return every time hack leaves the country? They can make it up elsewhere.

Comment

• Google should tell them to go pound backbacon...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• What if Google just told the canucks to fuck off? Would they be able to block the site? How would that even work? Forcing Canadian ISPs to block it? Would the canadiens be able to bring action against Google here?
                    I assume they could block google.ca and, more importantly, I assume google has some assets in that god-forsaken hinterland of despair, so they could be held in contempt. They could try to enforce the judgment in the US, but I'm not sure how successful they would be, at least with respect to Canada's worldwide ban.

The Canadian ruling is sort of on the other end of the spectrum from the EU. The EU issue a "local" ruling under "local" law. Canada issue global ruling under "local" law. So, e.g., if, say, the dipshits in New Zealand have decided that knock-off goods are a net positive on the market and encourage those sales, Google would still have to de-index the knock-off sites in NZ -- even if the sites sell only to NZ customers -- because Canada says so. That's insanity.

Comment

• A new study:

Students feel happier, more valued, and more motivated when they have a teacher of the same race and gender as them, a new study finds.
                      Students feel happier, more valued, and more motivated when they have a teacher of the same race and gender as them, a new study finds.

Sure, it's obviously aimed at making black folks and women folks feel better, but do they really grasp the implications of this? It's like the argument that the police force should look the community. I mean, fine. But the logic of the argument means white folks work in white communities and black folks work in black communities. That means white folks have access to jobs in rich communities and AAs get access to jobs in burned out Cleveland. It's fucking stunning.

* I know damn well there is an absolute "white folk and men folk" exception to these arguments -- they don't count. I get that. But the undeniable logic is the undeniable logic.

Comment

A new study:

Sure, it's obviously aimed at making black folks and women folks feel better, but do they really grasp the implications of this? It's like the argument that the police force should look the community. I mean, fine. But the logic of the argument means white folks work in white communities and black folks work in black communities. That means white folks have access to jobs in rich communities and AAs get access to jobs in burned out Cleveland. It's fucking stunning.

* I know damn well there is an absolute "white folk and men folk" exception to these arguments -- they don't count. I get that. But the undeniable logic is the undeniable logic.
                        This is what happens when we stop listening to Diamond Dave....dudes wants dude teachers. Sad!

I think of all the education that I missed
                        But then my homework was never quite like this
                        Ow got it bad, got it bad, got it bad,
                        I'm hot for teacher
                        I got it bad, so bad,
                        I'm hot for teacher

Comment

• Hell in handbasket!

Comment

• In Canada, google defaults to google.ca, but you can access google.com. At least now you can. I know this from my last trip to America's hat. I assume that was the reason for their ruling.

I also assume Canuckistan has an appeals process, because attempting to force how google does business world-wide is silly sauce.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Careful...Google is watching you AA...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

A new study:

Malcolm Gladwell's podcast today dealt with this study and another one that was similar from Vandy. It is in relation to the Brown decision. Check it out if you want, I know some people don't care for Gladwell. I think the conclusion is a little different than your conclusion.

Revisionist History is Malcolm Gladwell's journey through the overlooked and the misunderstood. Click now to listen to the Revisionist History podcast on Pushkin Industries.
                                Last edited by froot loops; June 29, 2017, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X