No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More substantively, but perhaps tangentially related, an NYU professor applauds the rise of the partisan press: http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...iddance-215305

CNN, e.g., should stop pretending -- like the NYT and WaPo already have.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Here's something you'll love, Talent....Trump, against the recommendation of nearly his entire Cabinet, is hellbent on a trade war, beginning with a 20% tariff on steel.

Trump plans to start there even though he's aware automakers will raise hell and fight it in court

Comment

• Kentucky SOS refusing to turn voter data over to Trump "sham commission"

[ame]https://twitter.com/AlisonForKY/status/880605438819135489[/ame]

Comment

• I know this Morning Joe stuff is very inconsequential compared to real issues...but Trump clearly watched the show again today and called Joe a liar. Joe says he has texts from WH aides and phone records that'll show everything he and Mika are saying is true.

Comment

• Rampant speculation over the meaning and timing of this...

[ame]https://twitter.com/EricHolder/status/880686761848045570[/ame]

Comment

• DJT ran on the protectionism nonsense. It's utter bullshit, but hopefully it'll die along the way. But, thanks for reminder that the assclown Holder is no longer in power. I'll take the little bit of good where I can find it.

Comment

• Has anyone ever seen DSL and RuPaul at the same time? Just curious.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Perhaps the Holder tweet is in expectation of the rumored WP bomb on collusion.

Trump has told a lot of whoppers, but him saying he watches Morning Joe for the first time in a long time has to contend for top whoppers. That is unless he considers a long time 24 hours.

Comment

• More rumored bombs? If you predict enough sooner or later it will happen.

Comment

• Has anyone seen froot loops and Bernie Sanders at the same time?

Just checkin'...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Bernie Sanders? That's a laugh.

Comment

• So far CA, CT, KY, MA, MN, OK, RI, VA, and VT have all stated that they will refuse to comply, at least fully, with Kris Kobach's attempt to create a national voter database.

Oklahoma (hardly a lib place) said they'll send a voter roll that's already available to the public. But not one that contains SS# and voting history like Kobach wants.

Comment

• Up to over 21 states that will not comply in full or in part with Kobach's voter info requests. Including Kansas, lol

EDIT: From the Sec of State of Mississippi

Secretary Hosemann?s Statement on Request for Voter Roll Information

?Our Office has not received any correspondence from the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity. A copy of such correspondence to another Secretary of State has been forwarded to us. As all of you may remember, I fought in federal court to protect Mississippi voters? rights for their privacy and won. (See True the Vote v. Hosemann, 43 F.Supp.3d 693 (S.D. Miss. 2014))

In the event I were to receive correspondence from the Commission requesting the following,

?if publicly available under the laws of the state, the full first and last names of all registrants, middle names or initials if available, addresses, dates of birth, political party (if recorded in your state), last four digits of social security number if available, voter history (elections voted in) from 2006 onward, active/inactive status, cancelled status, information regarding any felony convictions, information regarding voter registration in another state, information regarding military status, and overseas citizen information,"

My reply would be: They can go jump in the Gulf of Mexico and Mississippi is a great State to launch from.

Mississippi residents should celebrate Independence Day and our State?s right to protect the privacy of our citizens by conducting our own electoral processes.?

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; June 30, 2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• So, was in LAX today. The sky waitress said she loved my southern accent. She told me I sounded like a distinguished southern gentlemen. Had to correct her. I have no accent.

Talent, you have heard me. BE HONEST (for a change). I have a classic midwestern-neutral accent. Correct?
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Follow up to last night's WSJ article.

Comment

Working...
                                X