No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I understand, DSL. It's a piece of evidence that, by itself, is nothing. He agreed to meet a Russian lawyer on the pretext that she had dirt. She wanted to lobby, and probably did. There's no evidence she actually gave him anything other than her lobby pitch. So the end result is that the meeting literally had zero, literally zero impact on the campaign.

If this is part of a systematic effort by DJT Jr to obtain info then it's a useful piece of evidence. If it's a one-off from a Russian lawyer/lobbyist then....

Again, WikiLeaks was out with HRC emails in March. The Russian operation was in full swing and effectively disseminating truthful, accurate emails months before what the NYT says is the first meeting between DJT's inner circle and a Russian "operative" or whatever. They then proceeded to follow the same channels with DNC emails. I find it nearly implausible to think they would deviate from this effective operation to back channel it through some lawyer and DJT Jr.

YMMV, but this is not a BOMBSHELL!!!!! It's a dot that potential is part of a very large connected pictures. But as of now that picture is missing lots of dots - it's basically two: Russian hacking and DJT-approximate Russian contact.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The March emails were provided via a FOIA request. The DNC Emails were released several weeks after this meeting.

First Read is your briefing from Meet the Press and the NBC Political Unit on the day's most important political stories and why they matter.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        I understand, DSL. It's a piece of evidence that, by itself, is nothing. He agreed to meet a Russian lawyer on the pretext that she had dirt. She wanted to lobby, and probably did. There's no evidence she actually gave him anything other than her lobby pitch. So the end result is that the meeting literally had zero, literally zero impact on the campaign.

If this is part of a systematic effort by DJT Jr to obtain info then it's a useful piece of evidence. If it's a one-off from a Russian lawyer/lobbyist then....

Again, WikiLeaks was out with HRC emails in March. The Russian operation was in full swing and effectively disseminating truthful, accurate emails months before what the NYT says is the first meeting between DJT's inner circle and a Russian "operative" or whatever. They then proceeded to follow the same channels with DNC emails. I find it nearly implausible to think they would deviate from this effective operation to back channel it through some lawyer and DJT Jr.

YMMV, but this is not a BOMBSHELL!!!!! It's a dot that potential is part of a very large connected pictures. But as of now that picture is missing lots of dots - it's basically two: Russian hacking and DJT-approximate Russian contact.
        All fair. I don't think it is a BOMBSHELL!!! either. Just a significant story in a long line of them. As I already said, Donald Jr. has confirmed for maybe the first time that the campaign would've happily accepted assistance from foreign nationals. Secondly, I suspect Don Jr only changed his tune because it was about to leak that the true purpose of the meeting was finding out dirt on Clinton and not what Trump could do for poor Russian orphans.

It's also interesting that the story is sourced to three "white house advisors". To engage in rampant speculation, some think Kushner could be behind the leaks to let people know this meeting was not HIS doing.

Comment

• Bret Baier seriously needs to pony up and tell Laura Ingraham to zip it when she constantly interrupts and talks over the other panelists like she did with Charles and Mara tonight

Comment

• The machavellian politics of the whole thing are fascinating, DSL. It's a clownshow.

Comment

• Breaking tonight from the Times...same subject, but this is a more damaging detail.

Paul Goldstone, the publicist who arranged the meeting with Don Jr. stated in an email to Don that the material he'd receive at the meeting was part of a Russian government effort to help elect his dad. So Don Jr. agreed to this meeting expecting to be presented with information that he was told in advance had come from the Russian government. Turned out to be fake...but did Don Jr. know that beforehand?

It would be good to view the exact wording in the email but this can't be all that good for Don Jr. It might also help explain why the WH itself leaked part of this story...to get ahead of it

Comment

• Fox & Friends issues a correction to a lie that the President then repeated to millions

[ame]https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/884579228532043776[/ame]

Comment

• Trump directly threatens LA! Punishment for the Election?

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/884740553040175104[/ame]

Comment

• Perfect, can thankfully count on that not happening now.

Comment

• Did he threaten to nuke California? Or provoke a nuclear war with NK that will, hopefully, result in the nuking of California? Or at least deport Stan Kroenke, the entire Laker organization, every last USC fan and "The" Oracle?

It would be nice to have the opportunity to vote FOR someone rather than against someone for a change. This could be the policy move that gets me there!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Did he threaten to nuke California? Or provoke a nuclear war with NK that will, hopefully, result in the nuking of California? Or at least deport Stan Kroenke, the entire Laker organization, every last USC fan and "The" Oracle?

It would be nice to have the opportunity to vote FOR someone rather than against someone for a change. This could be the policy move that gets me there!
                        Do the embeded tweets not show up for you? I've been wondering if everyone can see them

No, he's 'working hard' at getting the Olympics for L.A. ---> Hence hilarious Olympics joke.

Comment

• Embedded tweets show up at home, but the State sees twitter as nefarious social media to be blocked at all costs. So, you know, instead of its employees spending all day on FB, Twitter, IG and the like, they surf the net and occasionally opine on matters with absolutely no factual, theoretical, legal or other basis.

Comment

• Fascism!

Comment

• For once, the State of Ohio has it right.

Now, if they can parlay that minor success into the deportation of talent to outer Zambia will be on to something.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Fascism!
                                Goddamn right.

On a serious note, DSL -- for the sake of clarity re DJT/Russia -- I'm firmly in the "wait and see" boat. I'm going to take each story on its face and think about what it is. As it so happens, this thread is more inclined toward the BOMBSHELL!!!! side of things so I end up pushing back against that. If I were still posting with the knuckledraggers on PNN, I'm sure there would be a healthy dose of Hannity-esque defense. I'd gladly push back on that.

Personally, I don't think there was "collusion" or, perhaps, more precisely criminal conspiracy (collusion has a rather broad meaning, I think -- do you need more than mere contact? do you need an actual agreement? do you need to "collude" to do something illegal for it to count?). I rather doubt DJT was involved with the Russian decision to hack the DNC, which as I understand it is the actual illegal act in all of this. But, I know enough to know that it's possible and that to crawl out on to a ledge for DJT is just asking to get shoved off.

So, I'll wait and see. And I'll give you and Froot and others shit for your BOMBSHELL!!!! posts!

Comment

Working...
                                X