No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They've had since 1998 to get it right, instead their Tournament remains a bumbling mess.

IIHF president on dislodging net: 'We will change that rule'

During the preliminary round of the Olympic men's ice hockey tournament in Sochi, Russian defenseman Fedor Tyutin beat American netminder Jonathan Quick in the third period of a Group A round robin game.

The goal was disallowed, because Quick had knocked the net a millimetre or two off of its moorings earlier in the defensive sequence. That call has spawned protests and controversy in Russia.

In response to that controversial moment, International Ice Hockey Federation President Rene Fasel told reporters during a press conference on Tuesday that the IIHF would change their current rule as it regards to dislodged nets.

From Igor Rabiner of Championat.ru (via Puck Daddy):

What can you say about the disallowed goal because of the dislodged net?

"We will change that rule. To disallow a goal because of two centimeters? That’s nonsense. But that is the existing rule, nothing can be done. That’s why I think that this rule needs to be changed and officiate the way it is done in the NHL. That’s what we will do."

NHL officials had already told Pierre LeBrun that in the National Hockey League the goal would've counted.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Russia goes with Varlamov in goal and it back fires.

Finland 3-1 lead over Russia. Fins missing Koivu, Filppula & Barkov, unreal.

Russia is not done but they are almost screwed. As usual terrible officiating.

Ovechkin is choking on Russian soil big time.

Start of the 3rd, Russia is going to bring it all, will Finland hold?
      Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 19, 2014, 09:05 AM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Russia starting to goon it up. A PP goal here would Finnish them off.

Comment

• Finland needs to stay patient on the power play. Russian their shots would be a mistake.

Comment

• Lol! Down goes Russia! Quarterfinal flameout on home ice. Just what I wanted.

Comment

• Wow.

National embarrassment of epic proportions.

Comment

• Finland: sticking it to Russia since 1939
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Thanks, Finland. Putin is probably going to save face by going on a hunting trip and bagging an endangered Siberian tiger.

Comment

• He's gonna send somebody TO Siberia.

Comment

• 1-1 midway thru the first. Czechs got a garbage goal when our d-man tried to clear the puck and it went in off a teammate's foot.

Comment

• 3-1 after 1. Backes scored with 1.8 seconds left in the period. USA is clearly superior. Bring on Canada!

Comment

• US winning 4-1, Russia flames out badly in front of the home crowd, Canada still in the mix. A good day for Olympic hockey!

The Russians dutifully shook the Finns' hands and then skated to the center of a rink built to showcase their return to hockey dominance. When they raised their sticks in a mournful salute, they got more whistles than cheers from their devastated fans.
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Canada still refusing to score goals. Tied 1-1 midway through the 2nd. With Latvia. Latvia.

Comment

• Canada gets a late goal to avoid the upset and USA cruises to a 5-2 victory.

Comment

• Better Lat than never....
                                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X