No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God gave us poutine as the ultimate test of American exceptionalism and intelligence. You've yet to embrace it; your country faces serious challenges. I wouldn't waste any more time if I were You People.

Comment

• Wiz- The country band, Alabama? Aren't those guys about 80-years-old now?

Hack- I love poutine. It's becoming more mainstream. My BWW has it.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Poutine is the fucking greatest.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Wiz- The country band, Alabama? Aren't those guys about 80-years-old now?

Hack- I love poutine. It's becoming more mainstream. My BWW has it.
          Yes. They are just slightly younger than The Nick...and The gay Bear's corpse...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The ACA was not passed under reconciliation. Get your facts straight, the House passed the Senate version of the bill that passed 60-39 on 12-24-2009. The house passed the same bill 219-212 on 3-21-2010.
            Yup. My bad.

I didn't distinguish between "budget reconciliation" and "reconciliation" as used in passing an agreed upon bill by both House and Senate. The bill funding the ACA was passed using budget reconciliation. Passed with 56 votes, 7 days after signing of the ACA.

Comment

• I believe not many would make the connection and if they did, they would make a quip and move on.
              Heh. So surprised to see you not making the connection. Only 99% or so of the educated folks would make the connection seeing that it is a UVa game in Charlottesville. Best way would have been for Robert Lee to come on TV and explain the situation, or make some joke about it. (Like "I'm not the guy the statue represents....") QED.

Comment

• Nickelback, Rush, Bieber, Dion, Drake, hack, hockey, Newfoundland, the Montreal Screwjob,
                My God. Are you telling me that Limbaugh is a Canuck?

Comment

• C'EST NE PAS POSSIBLE!

Comment

I'm not going to give too much crap to canadiens over Nickleback, though. I used to. In fact, I was giving a friend from "America's Hat" the business about Nickleback and the next day Scott Stapp is quoted in an article talking about how big of an Alabama football fan he is.

Karma will apparently kneecap you in these things.
                    Isn't Stapp homeless?

Maybe St Nick could find him a place on the staff? Assistant Post Grunge Vocalist? His big day would be the occasions when Missou visits....if the actual Post Grunge Vocalist was injured, or cut.

Comment

• Over the top. Be glad you're not within arm's reach of me, hoss.

I don't keep up with Stapp or Creed. I do know that there is some rapper named T.I. who is also a Bama fan. Don't know his work; had no beef with him...UNTIL I read that he talked Stapp outta suicide by chatting with him about Bama football.

I'm now T.I.'s mortal enemy.
                      Last edited by AlabamAlum; August 23, 2017, 04:20 PM.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Trump has had angry calls with Bob Corker and Thom Tillis this past month, along with McConnell. In both cases he was bitter over bills that made him 'look bad' RE: the Russia investigation.

Comment

• SIX Approval polls came out today.

PPP(D): Trump -13
                          Economist: Trump -14
                          Rasmussen: Trump -16
                          Reuters: Trump -23
                          Gallup: Trump -24
                          Quinnipiac: Trump -24

FAKE PROG NEWS!

Comment

Over the top. Be glad you're not within arm's reach of me, hoss.

I don't keep up with Stapp or Creed. I do know that there is some rapper named T.I. who is also a Bama fan. Don't know his work; had no beef with him...UNTIL I read that he talked Stapp outta suicide by chatting with him about Bama football.

I'm now T.I.'s mortal enemy.
                            That fucker. The nerve!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• This article reveals what West Virginia coal companies really wanted from Trump: endless subsidies. The reality is that mining for coal in West VIrginia is becoming more and more expensive. That's got nothing to do with regulations. Trump's axed most of those. It's simply becoming a fact of life that West Virginia's best mines are tapped out. Companies are forced to dig deeper and deeper to recover coal and use more expensive methods, more automated methods, of recovering it.

In short, no matter what Trump does, the West Virginia coal industry is quickly becoming non-competitive even against other plays in the United States (like Wyoming).

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Trump has had angry calls with Bob Corker and Thom Tillis this past month, along with McConnell. In both cases he was bitter over bills that made him 'look bad' RE: the Russia investigation.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...e-calls-241950
                                They literally have to treat the president of the United States like a bratty toddler. Limit his TV, no unscheduled/unsupervised interactions, remind him how to behave when in public.

Comment

Working...
                                X