No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's best read as if Paul Harvey were speaking it...and throw in a "Good day!" at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
      True, except when they are paid more not to work than they can make working. Then the incentive is to stay where they are because that is "the known" and a potential job is the "unknown"
      Just to note, DACA is program designed specifically for work permits. That means they are working. Maybe you can tell another patronizing story about the little girl with broken English.

Comment

• Let this sink in for a minute.....Dozens and dozens of small boats pulled by countless pickups and SUVs from across the South are headed for Houston. Almost all of them driven by republican men, rejected by women in particular and society in general. They're using stolen property, sacrificing nothing, spending their welfare money fraudulently obtained, and risking very little for one reason: to get a FEMA handout.
        Most of them are by themselves. Most are dressed like the redneck duck hunters and bass fisherman they aspire to be. Many are criminals. Most are wearing well-used gimme-hats, t-shirts, and jeans; and there's a preponderance of camo. Most are probably bigots, and most probably voted for Trump.
        These are the people THE RIGHT PANDERS TO, the ones Hannity shills. The ones O'Reilly and Carlson just *KNOW* that will bark to GOP dog whistles.
        These are The Sleezy Ones. They don't work in soup kitchens or foster abused children. They burn crosses, beat demonstrators they don't agree with, and live in an alternate reality. And most have probably never been in a junior high school.
        But they'll spend the next several days wading in cold, dirty water; dodging gators and water moccasins and fire ants; eating whatever meager rations are available; and sleeping wherever they can in dirty, damp clothes. Their reward is a stipend they'll hope to receive when federal money arrives. Beats the hell out of working, that sort of thing is for libruls. They'll float around in their boats, looking for TV cameras, trying to look 'cool'. They look for no longer valuable property to haul back home with them to file fraudulent insurance claims.
        When disaster strikes, it's what these men do. They'll knock back a few shots, or a few beers with like-minded men they've never met before, and talk about fish, or ten-point bucks, or the benefits of hollow-point ammo, or their F-150 bought with their ADC checks.
        And the next time they hear someone talk about "the patriarchy", or "male privilege", they'll snort, turn off the TV and go to bed. Those words have more than two syllables, going beyond their comprehension.
        In the meantime, they'll likely be UP AGAIN BEFORE NOON. To do it again. Until the people back home see them on TV.
        They're unlikely to be recognized. There won't be medals. They won't care. They're here to make a buck off other people's misfortunes. And it's what they do.

They did elect Trump....so there's that.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Geezer you too can be a Quiet One - start right here in this thread.

Comment

• thing about daca is more of what to do in the future.

continuing to have a program that entices illegals to bring there kids with the promise that they could stay here and be eligible for benefits as illegals

throw in the fact you have state after state filing lawsuits against the feds and something had to be done

if the legislature wants to pass something fine to keep those who know nothing but the US that's fine

but the tide had to stop

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
              thing about daca is more of what to do in the future.

continuing to have a program that entices illegals to bring there kids with the promise that they could stay here and be eligible for benefits as illegals

throw in the fact you have state after state filing lawsuits against the feds and something had to be done

if the legislature wants to pass something fine to keep those who know nothing but the US that's fine

but the tide had to stop
              It would help if you did a cursory read of the program before spouting your nonsense. To be eligible for this particular program you had to have lived in the US continuously since 2007 and been under the age of 16. This program wasn't enticing more people to migrate here unless they had Doc Brown's Delorean.

Here is a link for the guidelines:

Comment

• Great Scott! (No reference to our local great Scot)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• It is thought that in the saying "great scott," the word 'scot(t)' is meant as a replacement for god.

Fitting, I say.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind.?

― Winston S. Churchill
                    Fuck the Greeks.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Did you hear about the Greek sailor that got his head stuck in a port hole?

Couldn't get out to save his ass
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• lol

Comment

• So to go along with Irma, we have Tropical Storms Jose and Kaita? Both very possibly will become hurricanes?

Comment

• Well, Jon, I took your "amended" article to the coffee shop this morning. Remember, I'm the liberal there so I had to preface any discussion by saying I didn't agree. Most read the thing and just said "hater..." or "sad.." And those were the Mexicans. The white guys were less generous.

A couple of questions came up though. Do you personally know anyone who ever got paid for going into a disaster zone to volunteer? Most today had never even heard of that. You think the guys in boats were doing it for the glory? Really. How many volunteer boats do you figure there were operating in SE Texas and La.? 1,000?

I would think that someone who proclaims that he is a libertarian would appreciate volunteerism.

Comment

• Scott Damn it AA...STFU
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X