• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The French annihilation at dien bin phu I thought was also well explained
    the narrator sounds like fonda
    I know he did roosevelts's pbs story also

Comment

• Crash,

Try this. "They should take down confederate monuments but, there's no reason to rename army bases because....."
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Big night for news on Manafort: he was being wiretapped under a FISA warrant on at least two occasions in 2016 and early 2017. He has also (reportedly) been warned to expect an indictment.
        Clarification on the Manafort story. It would appear that he was not wiretapped in relation to the campaign and wasn't wiretapped during his time as campaign manager. The first period was longer from like 2014 to early 2016 and they were looking for evidence he was involved in money laundering or illegal offshore accounts. The second time came after Trump fired him and lasted into 2017. During THAT period Trump was still calling him and MAY have been recorded. Both times the FBI had a FISA warrant.
        The CNN take on the story confirms that Trump Tower (where Manifort has/had and office prior to Trump getting into politics) was indeed wiretapped as Trump claimed.

The articles claim a FISA warrant, but this is not known as a certainty. Believe it when you see it. Under a FISA warrant, any material collected on an American citizen cannot be used to prosecute a crime by that citizen. That is the whole theory behind "foreign intelligence surveillance...", and one reason why these warrants are so easy to obtain. By definition, no citizen's rights are to be violated.

Which brings up the question of "what if the surveillance of Manafort was done under a conventional warrant?". All accounts agree that this wiretapping occurred before, during, and after Manifort's time as Campaign Manager for Trump. Just my suspicion, but if you are building a money-laundering case on an American citizen, you almost don't want evidence collected from a FISA warrant. Of course, if evidence is collected under a conventional warrant, Susan Rice could not legally view the evidence.

It's going to be interesting to see how the MSM handles this issue.

Comment

• American history is about a clashing of political wills that evolves over the years. We don't expunge our history. We don't need to remove relics of the past to satisfy the fringe few who are butthurt that somebody in the past who was important to his neighborhood city or state at a particular time has a statue. I understand the need to remove certain rememberances as offensive to some but it needs to be offensive to more then a few

But the offended always find a new reason to be offended. Whether it be celebrating "Christ"mas, using god on government documents and buildings, being offended by pictures of individuals on 20 dollar bills etc etc. Hell we cant even award first place ribbons and awards for superior performance its all participation ribbons so we don't "offend " anyone. The butthurt attack the boy vs girls lockerrooms the boyscouts the failure of colin kaepernick to get a job, the shooting of anyone black by anyone white no matter what the circumstances.

but the sensationalism these type of issues generated and the labeling anyone opposing the butthurt received is why the voters want a change

The ability of the fringe extremists to sway government action despite mainstream America's protests or indifference has always bewildered me. One of the things we have to put up with with social media and the 24 hour news cycle

the pandering of all these multiple issues by the prior administration is what lost them the election in 2016

Comment

• You missed a few when you were listing things that outraged folks:

1. People marrying whomever they lived
            2. The president wearing a tan suit
            3. The potential appearance of a nipple on tv
            4. What toilet people use
            5. People saying Happy Holidays
            6. A 500 year old play showing what a bad idea it is to assasinate leaders.
            7. Removing statues of traitors to the country
            8 People kneeling during the national anthem
            9. People not saying the pledge of allegiance.
            10. People needing to pray on their own instead of in schools.

Comment

• I am not outraged by any of that stuff

I prefer men and women bathrooms according to what your born with for others --
              I could care less where I piss and shit and who is close by-- doing 21 in the military who cares--but I see the point of some who need modesty

I wouldn't call lee a traitor just like I wouldn't call Washington one for rebelling against the brits

kaeprnicke can do whatever he wants. but the people who buy the tickets to the place he works also can do whatever they want

moment of silence is cool for all religions. muslims get whole afternoon off in the government seems a little excessive for their devotions on friday afternoon

tansuits and 500 year old plays I haven't paid attention to

more nipples

happy holidays is fine but don't discourage merry Christmas

religion is overrated but marrying same sex in certain religions is a sin. but not allowing two people to marry who are committed is a bigger sin in my book. But I will respect your religion and views I just wont belong to your church

Comment

• You could have just shortened all of that to "more nipples", but given that you didn't I am tempted to come up with a 3,000-item list. Keep you busy for a while.

Comment

• So your disagreements are rational. Anyone else is irrational outrage. Got it.

Btw, I would call Washington a traitor to the British. That's what you call someone that takes up arms against thier country.

Comment

• Love liberal revisionist history...

fascinating
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      Love liberal revisionist history...

fascinating
                      Me? What's the revisionist history?

Comment

• For some reason I only just stumbled upon this article: http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/09/30...-the-outgroup/

It's long, but I rather enjoyed it. And I think it describes things well.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                          Me? What's the revisionist history?
                          He just saw it on a bumper sticker. Pay it no mind. Only his fart posts are somewhere above brain dead.

Comment

• Wait, is SLF still all about you are whatever sex you think you are the silliness of arbitrary rules separating the sexes? Cool.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's nice of you to provide cover for Wiz that way. If a person really is whatever sex they think they are, Wiz/she/it/they would have to do some thinking.

Comment

• For some reason I only just stumbled upon this article: http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/09/30...-the-outgroup/

It's long, but I rather enjoyed it. And I think it describes things well.
                                A really good article.

Comment

Working...
                                X