No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When's the last time M has had a period of mediocrity like the last 7 seasons?

Just before the 100k streak started?

Comment

• Take a look at the diary post at Mgoblog on this subject.

Interesting conclusion and a counter to Bacon's recent Brandon bashing.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Didn't the 100.000 streak start in 75 or 76? UM hadn't been mediocre since 68 when it went 7-2. in fact from 72 through 74 it had the best record in college football going 30-2-1
        Last edited by UMStan White; June 7, 2014, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
          Didn't the 100.000 streak start in 75 or 76? UM hadn't been mediocre since 68 when it went 7-2. in fact from 72 through 74 it had the best record in college football going 30-2-1
          That's about right. I was surprised in reading the diary at mgoblog that stadium capacity hit 100k in 1955. I thought it was later than that (excellent photos and history of the M stadia in the mgoblog diary).

I have no love for Dave Brandon and pointing out the excellent diary entry that makes an objective case for wins are directly related statistically to attendance over the course of M's football history, is in no way an attempt to let that insufferable dirt bag off the hook for ruining MY game day experience.

There's a very good comment in the diary that points out that decisions to attend a game are complex. Winning helps but there's a lot more to it than that. I am particularly turned off by what appears to me to be a downplaying of the game and the band while overdoing the entertainment.

As well, I am in full agreement with Bacon that the appearance of looking to every avenue to nickel and dime fans for seats, food and souvenirs is distasteful. I would suspect he is getting plenty of feedback from disgrunteed students and almni. I'm also pretty certain he doesn't give a flying f'.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• He certainly doesn't give a f#ck. 99% of all CEOs have their souls extracted and an abacus installed in its place. Brand-On! is no exception. Sadly, it takes action detrimental to the organization, like steep declining revenue, to force the removal of such cancerous 'leaders' as DB. Its an ego thing - wielding power is like heroin addiction. Once hooked, there is no desire or motivation to kick the habit. Only the willingness to destroy anything that gets in the way of maintaining the 'jones'.

UM needs someone other than a bean counter to rescue it from it's own devices.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I want Dick Hodgeman for AD. Restore the sanity!
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I vote for GJ.

Comment

• Ill go Doc with GJ as 'associate athletic director" being groomed to take Doc's place when he retires

Comment

• Not to change the subject but ..

The owner of "California Chrome" is taking major heat today for his comments about his horse failing to take the Triple Crown, because he had to run against "fresh" horses.

I'm probably the only other person in America who agrees with Coburn today, although I disagree with the way he's saying it, and some of the analogies he's used.

For those not familiar, Coburn is upset that his horse had to run against a group of horses "for the Triple Crown" who did not run in the first two events, the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes.

I think he makes a valid point, although the way he's going about making it is making him out to be a major villain.

To me it is like making the San Francisco 49ers play two very physical football games to get to the Super Bowl, and then requiring them to play a fully-3-week-rested New England Patriots squad for the Super Bowl title. Then, asking the 49ers afterward "why they failed to win the Super Bowl".

The point I believe is valid, although the messenger is messing up big time in how he's trying to deliver it.

Discuss ... :-)
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I vote for OP.

Comment

• That's most generous of you Hack, your patronage will not go unrewarded. If successful, I will annoite you as my Secret Service Captain or something.

In the interim, plz put down the knitting needles and pick up a barbell.
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Sorry that it has come to this Jon but out appears we have a tie. See you at dawn, bluffs of Weehawken, pistols and whisky.
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Drink the whiskey first ... so you don't hurt yourselves ...
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• OP will probably prefer a Cosmopolitan.

Comment

• 1824 Purdey dueling pistols. Since you're rumored to be Canadian, I offer up a bottle of Crown Royal Limited Edition that has been aging gracefully in my basement for 20 years.

If he shoots like Cindy did in the playoffs, I should come out unscathed...

Comment

Working...
                                X