Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe wait for facts

Speculation about mass shootings in the hours after they occur is not just a fool’s game but an impatient fool’s. Evidence will be forthcoming
    Last edited by whodean; October 2, 2017, 01:50 PM.
    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• That said, we KNOW that automatic weapons were used, we do need stronger gun laws for this type of weapon. If that is politicizing then so be it.
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• dean... what would you propose as the stronger laws for automatic weapons? (I assume that's what you mean by "this type of weapon".)
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Millennials and Healthcare

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
            dean... what would you propose as the stronger laws for automatic weapons? (I assume that's what you mean by "this type of weapon".)
            I don't know. Better than exists now?
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Important laws pertaining to automatic weaponsThe Fireman Owners' Protection Act-banned civilian transfer and possession of machine guns not in circulation before May 19, 1986. Through ATF regulation, manufacturers of machine guns may only sell to federal agencies or qualified license holders.

The following individuals will not be able to acquire or possess automatics
              1. anyone convicted of a felony
              2. fugitives
              3. illegal aliens
              4. anyone using or addicted to controlled substances
              5. anyone subject to a domestic violence restraining order
              6. dishonorably charged veterans
              7. anyone committed to a mental institution
              8. people who have renounced their U. S. citizenship
              9. anyone who has been convicted of misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
              10. anyone under the age of 21 years old

State Laws pertaining to automatics
              As oppose to handguns, State laws governing automatic weapons are universal. State law defines an automatic weapon as any firearm that can fire more than one projectile by a single depression of a trigger without manual reloading. State law requires an individual to register his automatic weapon with the local Department of Safety within 24 of hours of obtainment. State law forces all manufacturers of machine guns ro maintain a registry which documents all production and sales numbers.
              Records must include: model and serial number; date of manufacture, name, address, and occupation of the purchaser and reason for which it was purchased. All of this information, as well as the manufacturer's stock of automatics must be made readily available for law enforcement inspection.
              The presence of an automatic weapon in a public environment is considered illegal. Using or possessing automatics in an offensive or aggressive manner is punishable by a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.
              Last edited by Rocky Bleier; October 2, 2017, 02:09 PM.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• dean.. I was just curios as to how do you stop something that is already against the law (if I understand the weapons used correctly).

I'm hoping they find out how... I'm not a fan of people owning semi-automatic, let alone fully automatic.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                  I don't know. Better than exists now?
                  If you can find one, and don't plan on being alive when you're finished using it, no law, fine, or prison sentence will deter you.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I'm talking semi-auto too
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                      If you can find one, and don't plan on being alive when you're finished using it, no law, fine, or prison sentence will deter you.
                      Agreed.

We need to do much better in regards to the bolded part because of that...but the issue was tabled, for at least a generation, after Sandy Hook. We're stuck on the merry-go-round of horrors now, until a significant political shift takes place.

So I don't really pay much attention to these incidents anymore. Say a prayer and move on.

Comment

• FUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Comment

• Hoss...does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Good luck to Tom Petty! Underrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                              Maybe wait for facts
                              Facts about what? We have everything we need. This is a simple as it gets in public policy.

Comment

Working...
                              X