Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    Not to change the subject but ..

The owner of "California Chrome" is taking major heat today for his comments about his horse failing to take the Triple Crown, because he had to run against "fresh" horses.

I'm probably the only other person in America who agrees with Coburn today, although I disagree with the way he's saying it, and some of the analogies he's used.

For those not familiar, Coburn is upset that his horse had to run against a group of horses "for the Triple Crown" who did not run in the first two events, the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes.

I think he makes a valid point, although the way he's going about making it is making him out to be a major villain.

To me it is like making the San Francisco 49ers play two very physical football games to get to the Super Bowl, and then requiring them to play a fully-3-week-rested New England Patriots squad for the Super Bowl title. Then, asking the 49ers afterward "why they failed to win the Super Bowl".

The point I believe is valid, although the messenger is messing up big time in how he's trying to deliver it.

Discuss ... :-)
    I agree with everything you said there.

Comment

• waaah
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Yeah, I guess it could be a "waaah" .. but there's something to it.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• From espn
          California Chrome co-owner Steve Coburn was bitter about horses skipping the first two legs and then stealing the Belmont, calling them "cheaters" in an interview with Yahoo! Sports. Six of the past eight Belmont winners did just that.
          "That's the coward's way out," he said. "It's not fair to these horses that have been in the game since day one. If you don't make enough points to get into the Kentucky Derby, you can't run in the other two races. It's all or nothing."
          Coburn thought the other 10 horses ganged up on California Chrome, who was second early, dropped to fourth and then fifth before dead-heating for fourth.

It's supposed to be hard. The hard is what makes it great
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• All the tired horses in the sun/How’m I supposed to get any ridin’ done

Comment

• Sour grapes. If the triple crown. Was "limited to those who run the other races" it would be worth as much as Oscar Myer's "divisional championships".

Comment

• The horse is just one of many that couldn't go the distance in the Belmont. Take your horse go home and put him out to stud and shut the f# ck up.

Comment

• Didn't every other triple crown winner have to deal with this?

That's what makes it so special, and not won for over 30 years. Have to have a special once in a generation horse that is fast, massive endurance, and can recover quickly. Chrome joins the long list of 2 and done winners, still worth a fortune in Stud fees.

Comment

• That pussy owner of Calif. Chrome was on the tube today crying and saying how sorry he was for his comments. another "Sterling" moment. Nowonder they are known as "Dumb Ass Stables"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                      1824 Purdey dueling pistols. Since you're rumored to be Canadian, I offer up a bottle of Crown Royal Limited Edition that has been aging gracefully in my basement for 20 years.

If he shoots like Cindy did in the playoffs, I should come out unscathed...
                      I'm a lover not a fighter Jon, I will cede the battlefield as my Canadian genes compel. On the otherhand, my Amerocan genes suggest I doubledown with a 50 cal. Desert Eagle! As for Crosby, he's counting his sweet moola, 12m + 5m in endorsements or more....not a bad season, especially at 26 years of age.
                      Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 10, 2014, 11:49 AM.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Interesting stat:

One of every Two basketball shoes sold in the US last year carried the Jordan brand.
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• shocking

In other news...the sky is blue...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                            shocking

In other news...the sky is blue...
                            Especially true in Big Sky Country, Montana!
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Washington's PC crowd has revoked the redskins trademark....

hmmm.. I guess instead of protecting rights, we are now only protecting those we agree with... scary regardless of ones opinion on the subject.. this will be interesting as the country flips back and forth..
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• As a man proud of my Italian extraction, I suggest the moniker be changed to "The Fighting Daygos" or "The Wonderful WOPs".

Completely useless trivia: When my family emigrated to this country, many Italians arrived without any immigration paperwork. At Ellis Island, these families were separated from those with documentation and had a piece of paper pinned to their shirts: WOP (With Out Papers). That little sign is currently one of our family heirlooms.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X