Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
    I still don't think the Orange Menace is involved in any collusion, due to his lack of intellectual firepower. What I think will be found is similar to the recent indictments, minions enriching themselves as opportunity arises. I'm confident he'll continue his 'witch hunt' narrative as he sharpens his pardon pencil.
    I've said form the begining that you can't claim Trump is an incompetent halfwit and then also claim he was the mastermind behind colluding with Russia to skew the election in his favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      I eagerly await the Kapture search if the George Papadapolous PDF. A pro tip would be to search for DT instead of Trump.
      now we are backing away from the term oppo, and back on Russian collusion? If the left laid out rules on which terms to use, it would not depend on the act, but on who was accused of doing the act.

I don't have the time to go through that Indictment, what did they charge GP with exactly? making false statements?

Comment

• Keith spells it out perfectly, the guy kept pushing for a Russian Trump meeting. If Trump was meeting with the Russians, or took this guys meetings, why would he have kept pushing for meetings?

This stuff isn't particularly new or damaging.

Real questions is when Mike Flynn and Tony Podesta will be charged...

Comment

• Yes, you didn't read the Statement of Offense but you know that tweet stated it perfectly. It's not an indictment, it's a statement of offense that he is working with the Feds as part of the guilty plea .
          Last edited by froot loops; October 30, 2017, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• I don't have the time to go through that Indictment, what did they charge GP with exactly? making false statements?
            GP pled guilty about three weeks ago. Lying to government agents. You can bet the FBI will be squeezing him for dirt on Trump.

Comment

• The Trumpsters are in full defense/attack mode, even when they don't have any idea about what is going on.

Waiting to see how it plays out may be the better way to go, but... Trumpsters. *sigh*

Can't wait for Cheif Deflecticon Sanders to tell us all what we should really be concerned with
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                Awful take.
                It was a bad take. However, the plea deal with George Papadapolous very much involves the campaign. I would reckon that the 'high ranking campaign official' and the 'senior policy advisor' that Papadapolous mentions should be prepared for questioning, if they haven't already done so.

The charges against Manafort and Gates are serious and could get Manafort locked up for the rest of his life. Maybe that's the end game for Mueller. Or maybe he thinks Manafort knows more about 'collusion' and is trying to flip him. Obviously, don't know that yet.

I would say that it's interesting that they released the Papadopolous statement about two hours after the Manafort one. Why do it on the same day...unless maybe sending a signal that investigating collusion is still the primary goal? Just speculation.

Comment

• It was a bad take. However, the plea deal with George Papadapolous very much involves the campaign.
                  Correct.

Or maybe he thinks Manafort knows more about 'collusion' and is trying to flip him
                  Perhaps. Here's the thing -- if there was wide-ranging "collusion" or whatever you want to call it, Mueller will find it. If there wasn't, then he'll find that, too. The cake is baked, IMO. Manafort isn't some sort of rosetta stone either way.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                    GP pled guilty about three weeks ago. Lying to government agents. You can bet the FBI will be squeezing him for dirt on Trump.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...oXJ/story.html
                    They probably have everything they can expect to get from him. He was placed under 'arrest' back on July 5 (that's something that never leaked).

From his statement/confession they released, he/s clearly led investigators to other more important figures in the campaign. He wasn't some lone wolf or maverick advisor; senior campaign staff were fully aware and kept up to date on his activities. We just don't know who those figure were (yet). Given Papadapolis' background as a young millionaire, political novice...I could see Kushner being one of the unnamed parties.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Correct.

Perhaps. Here's the thing -- if there was wide-ranging "collusion" or whatever you want to call it, Mueller will find it. If there wasn't, then he'll find that, too. The cake is baked, IMO. Manafort isn't some sort of rosetta stone either way.
                      It's very possible that Mueller thinks Manafort can't offer up anyone that's not already deep in it...and has therefore said, let's at least get THIS asshole locked up for life. Very much a possibility.

Comment

• In terms of the 'collusion' side of this investigation, I DO think Papadapolous's confession should be more alarming for Trumpworld than Manafort and Gates being corrupt as all hell.

Of course, it speaks to the truth of Trump's statement: "I hire the best people".

Historical note: Kushner, the Trump boys, and Ivanka supposedly all grew to hate Corey Lewandowski (he was becoming 'overly familiar', among other things) which is how Manafort got recruited and hired in the first place. Trumpland determined that it was time a 'pro' was brought in.

Comment

• The folks at the NRO said that some of the charges they filed were bumping up against their statute of limitations, so they had to be filed soon.

I tend to think there isn't much that's going to save Manafort from solid jail time. As I said, if Trump was in up to his neck, his amateur hour campaign team is dead. If he wasn't, then he wasn't.

Comment

• Manafort got recruited and hired in the first place. Trumpland determined that it was time a 'pro' was brought in.
                            The "R insiders" say he was brought in to lock down the convention delegates. Who better to make sure everyone votes as they should than a professional bag man?

Comment

• Best Prediction: I will have spelled Papodaupolous at least 17 different ways before the end of the week

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Best Prediction: I will have spelled Papodaupolous at least 17 different ways before the end of the week
                                Henceforth shall be referred to as GP

Comment

Working...
                                X