No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah. Told their citizens to leave Saudi? Why? Kuwait was neutral on the Qatar blockade, but Bahrain is lockstep with Saudi.

Crazy. I dunno the UAE/Yemen relationship. I'm a bit stale on the region. I do recall a few years ago tho that UAE soldiers dying in Yemen was a real test to its loyalty to Saudi.

Comment

• Ok, ew. The NY Times references several legal opinions Moore wrote (recently) in which he seems to display an unusual amount of sympathy for men who had sex with underage girls.

Democrats alleged a deeper pattern of leniency in Mr. Moore?s judicial decisions involving sexual predation, pointing to several cases in which the former judge expressed skepticism of young women making allegations of sexual abuse.

In a 2015 case involving a man, David Pittman, who pleaded guilty to raping an underage girl, Mr. Moore wrote in a dissenting opinion that Mr. Pittman should have been allowed to introduce evidence showing his alleged victim?s parents ?suspected her of sexual activity,? because it could be relevant to discerning her ?alleged motive? in claiming she had been assaulted.

And in a 2014 case, involving a man convicted of abusing two underage girls, Mr. Moore wrote in a dissenting opinion that the man, Sherman Tate, should have had the chance in court to demonstrate that his accusers were romantically involved with each other. Mr. Moore wrote that connection ?could be relevant to the victims? alleged bias against Tate.?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/u...teenagers.html

Comment

• Wait, who admitted what? Moore admitted buggery of young girls?
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          Yeah. Told their citizens to leave Saudi? Why? Kuwait was neutral on the Qatar blockade, but Bahrain is lockstep with Saudi.

Crazy. I dunno the UAE/Yemen relationship. I'm a bit stale on the region. I do recall a few years ago tho that UAE soldiers dying in Yemen was a real test to its loyalty to Saudi.
          Sorry, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Saudi all told their citizens to leave Lebanon. As far as I know the blockade of Qatar is still ongoing as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            Wait, who admitted what? Moore admitted buggery of young girls?
            Trump admitting sexually assaulting women, although other than that and the women who said they did it, there's no evidence.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• As Trump heaps praise on coal and seeks to artificially boost its prominence, China is actually doing the opposite

In Shanxi Province, coal is big business and a source of identity. Now China is closing and consolidating its coal mines under state ownership, and the region has not figured out how to rebound.

Comment

• Apparently the grab em by the pussy tape was Trump admitting to every sexual assault accusation ever leveled at him.

Most people took it as a joke.

Comment

• Billy Bush's employer did not take it as a joke.

Comment

• Ah, OK. So Kuwait is coming into the fold as well, then?

Do you follow this stuff for work? Hear anything about the VAT tax? Seems like a dead idea given it requires GCC unity, but, then again, they're all dead if they can't start raising some non-oil revenue.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      Billy Bush's employer did not take it as a joke.
                      They might have. People have been fired for joking around.

Comment

• SLF complaining about good faith. Woof. Or AA.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I complained about good faith?
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Every time you claim Michigan isn't the cleanest football program, god kills a kitten.

Comment

• I have no evidence that Michigan is the cleanest football program. And I am not a cat person. Do your worst, imaginary bearded sky-dad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                                They might have. People have been fired for joking around.
                                Very astute

Comment

Working...
                                X