• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• must have watched ten little Indians or game of thrones

wonder how he got it in the courtroom

or perhaps he's a bama fan who cant face what happens after saturday

Comment

• I'm not sure I understand the Bama comment. I am content with whatever happens after Saturday. If we don't get in, we get what we deserve: A NY6 bowl. If we do get in, it will be a gift. One that I will gratefully accept.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• shaddup
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Garrison Keillor now? lol.
          That one hurts. I love him and what he does. Lake Wobegon is such a wonderful little imagined world.

[ame]https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/93596687901280256[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
            Best two posts I've seen in months on the internet. Informative, logical and policy focused. Very well done gents!
            You shouldn't have had everyone but Wiz on ignore in the first place, but better late than never to read other people's posts...

Comment

• hack...you are dead to me...

...you couldn't ignore me if you tried...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                That one hurts. I love him and what he does. Lake Wobegon is such a wonderful little imagined world.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/93596687901280256
                Yeah. I am a fan, too.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• 1) Things are not in any way clear. You are presuming a "flip" by Flynn equals dirt on Trump or his family. It means nothing of the sort. I don't know what Flynn might cop to, but it will involve either Turkey or the nuclear deal in the ME. Neither are in any way against US interests.

So you're saying the guy investigating Trump's Russia connections wants to flip Trump's from-Russia-with-love lieutenant for other reasons? Do go on.

2.) Pence and Sessions and the whole GOP establishment?? C'mon, Pence and Sessions may have been pro-Trump, but the whole of the GOP establishment tried their best to stop Trump.

Are you saying Pence and Sessions did their best to stop Trump?

3.) Of course, you are confused, because you always begin with a false premise. You assume Putin and Trump are somehow allies. They are not, never have been, and never will be. If you read the authorized journalists who wrote Shattered, you will understand that this whole Russia....Russia.....Russia nonsense was decided upon by the Clinton campaign on November 9, 2016, and carried forward.

Did I say they are allies? Or are you assuming I'm assuming?

Finally, GDP growth for the 3rd quarter was adjusted up to 3.3% today. That means two quarters of over 3% growth, 50% higher than the Obama considered "normal". This has been done without any help from fiscal or monetary policy. I talked to one of my classmates last week, (he runs a Fortune 500 company) and he said "Well, the waterboarding has ended."

Waterboarding? That, sadly, is precisely the kind of attitude that we need to avoid. There is no better corporate environment in the world, and that statement makes Marx actually look smart. I wish capitalism would decline to sell itself the noose by which it will hang, because I'm not convinced that what is going to replace it is going to be better. Ideally the swings of the pendulum should not be as wide as possible, so we can remain in that sweet spot in the middle where one finds sustainability. But it's clear to me that, at least in the US, capitalism will gleefully sell itself that noose, and its own run, and cause a backlash that results in just a different form of absurdity.

Comment

• I still am confused and skeptical on the Middle East nuclear deal. As reported, that would be poaching business from Russia.
                    You are saying Trump would not do this to his master, Putin. You are confused because you assume Trump is guilty of collusion which is not true, except in the fevered brain trust of the Hillary campaign on November 9 when journalists witnessed them hatching this plan. Read the damn book.

2.) Pence and Sessions and the whole GOP establishment?? C'mon, Pence and Sessions may have been pro-Trump, but the whole of the GOP establishment tried their best to stop Trump[/B].

Are you saying Pence and Sessions did their best to stop Trump?
                    I said what I said, which, with specificity, was that they were pro-Trump. They were not part of the GOP establishment.

1) Things are not in any way clear. You are presuming a "flip" by Flynn equals dirt on Trump or his family. It means nothing of the sort. I don't know what Flynn might cop to, but it will involve either Turkey or the nuclear deal in the ME. Neither are in any way against US interests.

So you're saying the guy investigating Trump's Russia connections wants to flip Trump's from-Russia-with-love lieutenant for other reasons? Do go on.
                    First, there is no evidence that Flynn has/would flip. Flynn was an unregistered agent for Turkey. Flynn evidently was trying to get US companies to build nuclear reactors in the ME, in direct opposition to what you yourself say is the Russian national interest in becoming the vendor of reactors for the ME. What has Flynn done to promote RUSSIAN interests since he became a part of the Trump campaign?

Mueller's portfolio is to have Trump impeached. Mueller cares not one wit about Russian interference in the US election. You know Hack, you have never answered the fundamental question of this matter. Why would Putin want Trump as President when Hillary was vowing to continue the Obama "foreign policy" of acquiescing to every Russian foreign policy initiative. (1) Obama gave away the victory in Iraq, (2)he allowed the JV team to exist and to form a Calafate in Iraq and Syria, (3) Hillary took out Quadaffi in Lybia, assuring no other despot would ever give up nuclear weapons, (4) Guaranteed that Iran would have nuclear weapons within 10 years, (5) sent funds to the opponents of Netanyahu to try to defeat him in an Israeli election. That is just the Middle East. Why, oh why, would Putin want any change in this kind of profound ineptness? You always dodge the question when I ask it. WHY would Putin want a President who promised to build up our military and remove the shackles from our economy? How does electing Trump help Russia, at least when you consider the record of Hillary? And none of this even discusses the profound Clinton corruption. Putin had them bought and paid for. WHY would he want Trump?
                    Last edited by Da Geezer; November 29, 2017, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• You know Hack, you have never answered the fundamental question of this matter. Why would Putin want Trump as President ... You always dodge the question when I ask it...

That's the only bit worth replying to, and just barely at that. I haven't dodged it. Answered it more than once, but you keep asking it. But that doesn't matter. Putin wanting this thing or that thing has no bearing on whether Americans broke American laws.

Comment

• A simple solution would have been to never hire foreign agents like Paul Manafort and Michael Flynn. Da Geezer knows this.

Comment

• This is indicative of the way our leaders think.

In the closed-door Democratic caucus today, Rep. Linda Sanchez complained re: sexual harassment that elected members shouldn't "be held to a higher standard" than others.
                          [ame]https://twitter.com/DraperRobert/status/935931083434192896[/ame]
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• This is an entirely feelingsball comment, as distinct form evidence-based comments or eyeball-tested ones, but it seems to me that the more one is familiar with law, the more one might adopt a mindset of compliance vis-a-vis ethics. "Don't break the law" is different than being a good person.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                              You are saying Trump would not do this to his master, Putin. You are confused because you assume Trump is guilty of collusion which is not true, except in the fevered brain trust of the Hillary campaign on November 9 when journalists witnessed them hatching this plan. Read the damn book.

I said what I said, which, with specificity, was that they were pro-Trump. They were not part of the GOP establishment.

First, there is no evidence that Flynn has/would flip. Flynn was an unregistered agent for Turkey. Flynn evidently was trying to get US companies to build nuclear reactors in the ME, in direct opposition to what you yourself say is the Russian national interest in becoming the vendor of reactors for the ME. What has Flynn done to promote RUSSIAN interests since he became a part of the Trump campaign?
                              Maybe not technically evidence but there are definitely INDICATIONS that Flynn is now cooperating or working on a deal with Mueller. Breaking off communications with Trump's legal team indicates that Flynn and Trump may now have conflicting interests. Secondly, it's a known fact that Flynn's lawyer met with the Mueller team on monday.

You give Trump a huge benefit of the doubt while trashing Robert Mueller's character. Interesting.

Comment

• Which Geezer has always done. If Flynn hasn't flipped, then everyone following this closely is wrong, including the many professionals whose job it is to interpret things. Maybe Geezer is right and everyone else is wrong. We can't rule it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X