Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talent,

Iron Horse will be in Columbus in March. Get out and support them.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• A textbook Roy Moore co-authored for some evangelical organization argued that women should not be allowed to serve in public office.

Comment

• Trump strikes back at PM May for daring to condemn him for retweeting several videos uploaded by a leader of a British neo-fascist party.

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/936037588372283392[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          A textbook Roy Moore co-authored for some evangelical organization argued that women should not be allowed to serve in public office.

https://thinkprogress.org/moore-stud...-135402ed8816/

Aaaaaand... The polls have him in the lead.

Wooohooo! Sweet Home Alabama!
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• "Their lack of intellect does not harm their piousness because they are made that way," he said, explaining that in Islam a woman's testimony is worth half of a man's.

"Would you give a man with half an intellect a driving licence? So how would you give one to a woman when she has half an intellect," he said.

"And if they go out to the market this gets halved again! So they now have a quarter of an intellect," Hajari said without giving an explanation for his reasoning.

(https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/bl...f-men-to-drive)

Comment

• 70 years of the NYT blowing Saudis. Apparently the son is always more progressive than the father...

In honor of Thomas Friedman's latest love letter to Al Saud, the ruling dynasty in Saudi Arabia, here is seventy years worth of the New York Times describing the royal family as reformers.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                "Their lack of intellect does not harm their piousness because they are made that way," he said, explaining that in Islam a woman's testimony is worth half of a man's.

"Would you give a man with half an intellect a driving licence? So how would you give one to a woman when she has half an intellect," he said.

"And if they go out to the market this gets halved again! So they now have a quarter of an intellect," Hajari said without giving an explanation for his reasoning.

(https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/bl...f-men-to-drive)
                Roy Moore agrees.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It sounds like Anchorman was more of a documentary than a comedy.

Comment

• Scientific fact.

Comment

• AA:

Thanks for the tip. FYI, if only you could appreciate the venue they're playing in Columbus. It was the most haughty, formal restaurant in Columbus -- in the 80s and 90s. I've went a couple times back then. Over time it's been surpassed, as most restaurants eventually are. But there it stands -- still this monument to formal dining of yesteryear.

The idea of a bluegrass band playing there is quite the juxtaposition. I'll be sure to enjoy some sort of portobello appetizer whilst swaying to the rhythm of the banjo.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Heh. That is awesome.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Apparently they are now doing a "music night". I think it's free -- well, no additional cost beyond the $250 dinner for 2. So, it looks like fine dining + intimate music performance.

Comment

• Just have apps and PBRs.

Bluegrass in a haughty environ would be worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              Which Geezer has always done. If Flynn hasn't flipped, then everyone following this closely is wrong, including the many professionals whose job it is to interpret things. Maybe Geezer is right and everyone else is wrong. We can't rule it out.
                              You mean like ALL the professional pollsters, media outlets and political talking heads about Trump's election chances?

Comment

• Bluegrass in a haughty environ would be worth it.
                                This is literally a possible conversation:

I'll have the Quail Terrine, the Red Radish Carpaccio and your Pan Seared Antelope, and can you tell me if the musicians will be offering up their bluegrass take on Metallica's seminal commentary on the American underclass...Enter Sandman?

Comment

Working...
                                X