No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C'mon DSL, worst case is that Moore dated an of-age woman when he was 34. He should have admitted to that in the first place.

Comment

• How on earth is that the worst case scenario? LOL!
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Trump has people whispering in his ear (Prob Roger Stone, Chris Ruddy, maybe Bannon) that he's in more trouble than he realizes and that he needs to fire most of his legal team/fire Mueller. Trump's sticking with the lawyers (for now).
        He does need to get competent counsel, specifically criminal attorneys. If it is true that his attorneys were taken by surprise by Flynn's plea bargain, that should never happen. Nor should his attorney be "editing" or creating tweets for the President to post. First rule of defense law is that the client shuts up. Trump knows he didn't do anything, but that is not enough. Just shut up.

Comment

• Regardless of the the other allegations, Moore was removed as Chief Justice of Alabama twice for disobeying Supreme Court orders. Twice.

He is a bigot, a misogynist and a Theocrat.

He has no business holding any office.

And if you don't believe those women, I have a bridge to sell you...
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• How on earth is that the worst case scenario? LOL!
            I was only talking about the one woman in the post, the 17-year-old who allegedly has his signature.

Because all she is claiming is that he dated her.

I live in a very small town. Probably 50 years ago, an elementary principal knocked up an 18-year-old. Not good. But the town took it in stride. Poor judgment by the guy, but he and she had 3 fine boys, he was elected elder in the church, and he was a top-flight educator. Sorry, but I can't get too excited about two of-age adults dating.

My father told me that there were two kinds of men. Men who had to get married. And men who were damn lucky. This was before the pill.

Comment

• Sounds like something a "good Christian" would say.

Comment

• Exactly.

The guy is a piece of shit.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• In related matters, Conyers is supposed to make an 'announcement' tomorrow.

Comment

• Speaking of pieces of shit...

Comment

• It doesn’t matter, there could be photos, video, Moore saying on tape he likes tapping 14 year olds and the great state of Alabama would still vote for him. How you deal with it CG, I can’t imagine.

Comment

• Sounds like a really great state.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                              It doesn?t matter, there could be photos, video, Moore saying on tape he likes tapping 14 year olds and the great state of Alabama would still vote for him. How you deal with it CG, I can?t imagine.
                              It's getting harder all the time. I'm thinking of moving back to Michigan so I can cancel out Geezer's vote. ;)

I was stationed here for 7 of my last 9 years in the Coast Guard. The kids were pretty well established so we decided to stay here until they got out of school. Both of my oldest went to The Alabama School of Math and Science. So they got a much better than average high school education. My youngest is applying this year (may not get in)

Really though, as soon as my youngest gets out of high school we are going to move

Comment

• Regardless of the the other allegations, Moore was removed as Chief Justice of Alabama twice for disobeying Supreme Court orders. Twice.
                                CGVT, you and I agree. This alone disqualifies him from being a Senator, or any elected official. A lower judge who doesn't follow Supreme Court precedent is unqualified to hold public office. All the character assassination is just that. The reason not to vote for Moore is that he was unwilling to follow the Constitution.

Are you calling my father a piece of shit?

Comment

Working...
                                X