Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    I am proud for Alabama.
    Congrats! Seriously. Hope you're enjoying it a little bit extra.

Comment

• Thanks for the delegitimization, Roy.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        Congrats! Seriously. Hope you're enjoying it a little bit extra.
        I am.

Roy Moore, even ignoring the recent allegations, is a crook. He was removed from two offices for not following the law. He did this because "God spoke to him." His son is a small time criminal and Roy hired him in his "charity" - a charity he paid himself over one million dollars over a few years for part-time work AND he gets use of a private jet, and now has a lien on the charity's most valuable property, a historic building in Montgomery (because his charity could not afford the entirety of salary). Oh, and they lied on the tax filings of his salary to shield him from taxes and ridicule. He is the worst example of the fundamental right. He is an embarrassment to the state and would have been bad for the Republican Party and, more importantly, America.
        Last edited by AlabamAlum; December 13, 2017, 12:15 AM.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I am.

Roy Moore, even ignoring the recent allegations, is a crook. He was removed from two offices for not following the law. He did this because "God spoke to him." His son is a small time criminal and Roy hired him in his "charity" - a charity he paid himself over one million dollars over a few years for part-time work AND he gets use of a private jet, and now has a lien on the charity's most valuable property, a historic building in Montgomery (because his charity could not afford the entirety of salary). Oh, and they lied on the tax filings of his salary to shield him from taxes and ridicule. He is the worst example of the fundamental right. He is an embarrassment to the state and would have been bad for the Republican Party and, more importantly, America.

Comment

I am.

Yes. All of this. And to top it off, even without the allegations, he is a racist, a misogynist, a scofflaw, and a homophobe. He had no business being elected to any office.

I am appalled that half of this state still voted for him
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Good on ya Alabama. Still have a lot of work to do, but enjoy it today!
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                Yes. All of this. And to top it off, even without the allegations, he is a racist, a misogynist, a scofflaw, and a homophobe. He had no business being elected to any office.

I am appalled that half of this state still voted for him
                Yeah, he said the last time America was great was antebellum times. "Sure, there was that slavery thing, but still!" He doesn't hate Jews because he has a Jewish lawyer! Oh, and the time he went to a brothel in Viet Nam, the kids there were too young for even his tastes, so he left. What a guy! He helped write a booklet explaining why women shouldn't be allowed to hold office.

It staggers me that it was even a race to begin with. He should have lost in a landslide.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                  over 10,000 text messages from Strzok have been obtained by several media outlets

Text messages between FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page in 2016 that have been obtained by Fox News refer to then-candidate Donald Trump as a "loathsome human" and "an idiot."

More than 10,000 texts between Strzok and Page were being reviewed by the Justice Department after Strzok was removed from Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe after it was revealed that some of them contained anti-Trump content.

The messages were sent during the 2016 campaign and contain discussions about various candidates. On March 2, Strzok texted Page that someone "asked me who I?d vote for, guessed [Ohio Gov. John] Kasich."

"Seriously?! Would you not [vote] D[emocrat]?" Page responded.

"I don?t know," Strzok answered. "I suppose Hillary [Clinton]."

"I would [vote] D," Page affirmed.

Two days later, Page texted Strzok, "God, Trump is a loathsome human."

"Yet he many[sic] win," Strzok responded. "Good for Hillary."

Later the same day, Strzok texted Page, "Omg [Trump's] an idiot."

"He's awful," Page answered.

"America will get what the voting public deserves," said Strzok, to which Page responded. "That?s what I?m afraid of."

Later that same day, Strzok texted Page, "Ok I may vote for Trump."

"What?" answered Page. "Poor Kasich. He?s the only sensible man up there."

"He was pretty much calling for death for [NSA leaker] Edward Snowden," Strzok said. "I?m a single-issue voter. ;) Espionage Machine Party."

Strzok later told Page, "Exacty [sic] re Kasich. And he has ZERO appeal."

Twelve days later, after Trump took a commanding lead in the Republican delegate race with victories in key "Super Tuesday" primaries, Page texted Strzok, "I can not believe Donald Trump is likely to be an actual, serious candidate for president."

Four months later, Strzok and Page exchanged messages mocking Trump and his family at the Republican National Convention.

"Oooh, TURN IT ON, TURN IT ON!!! THE DO*CHEBAGS ARE ABOUT TO COME OUT," Strzok texted Page on July 19. "You can tell by the excitable clapping."

Later, Strzok reached out to Page again, saying, "Omg. You listening to npr? Apparently Melania?s speech had passages lifted from Michelle Obama?s?Unbelievable."

"NO WAY!" Page answered, adding "God, it's just a two-bit organization. I do so hope his disorganization comes to bite him hard in November."

On Aug. 6, Page texted Strzok a New York Times article about Muslim lawyer Khzir Khan, who became embroiled in a war of words with Trump after Khan spoke at the Democratic National Convention.

"Jesus. You should read this. And Trump should go f himself," Page wrote in a message attached to the article.

"God that?s a great article," Strzok answered. "Thanks for sharing. And F TRUMP."

Strzok, who was an FBI counterintelligence agent, was reassigned to the FBI?s human resources division after the discovery of the exchanges with Page, with whom he was having an affair. Page was briefly on Mueller?s team, but since has returned to the FBI.

House Intelligence Committee investigators have long regarded Strzok as a key figure in the chain of events that began when the bureau, in 2016, received the infamous anti-Trump "dossier" and launched a counterintelligence investigation into Russian meddling in the election that ultimately came to encompass FISA surveillance of a Trump campaign associate.

Strzok briefed the committee on Dec. 5, 2016, sources said. But within months of that session House Intelligence Committee investigators were contacted by an informant suggesting that there was ?documentary evidence? that Strzok was purportedly obstructing the House probe into the dossier.

Strzok also oversaw the bureau?s interviews with ousted National Security Adviser Michael Flynn ? who pleaded guilty Friday to lying to FBI investigators in the Russia probe.

He also was present during the FBI?s July 2016 interview with Hillary Clinton at the close of the email investigation, shortly before then-FBI director James Comey called her actions "extremely careless" without recommending criminal charges.
                  Lol, faux programming tonight, huh.

Comment

• AL can take to Jan 3rd to certify the vote, meaning no Jones vote on tax reform.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                      Lol, faux programming tonight, huh.
                      Just imagine George Bush's FBI used oppo research from the RNC and dressed it up as a legitimate intelligence report and used it to gain a FISA warrant to spy on the political opposition, and after the election, the Bush state department gave the green light for 0bama's transition to contact foreign officials, recorded those calls, unmased the transition official and leaked it to the press. And for an entire year Fox pushed the report as fact, which included a story about 0bama and Kenyan hookers. Then based on those leaks a special council is appointed, and that special council hires a rapidly pro Bush and anti 0bama counter intellegence investigator that was a central figure in clearing republicans and their aids of CLEAR violations of the law and lying to the FBI. And that FBI agent's bias is eventually revealed in 10,000 text messages to his mistress, a rabidly anti 0bama pro Bush lawyer also hired by said special council.

That is where we are at.
                      Last edited by Kapture1; December 13, 2017, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• Which brings up an important observation.... the appointment of Sessions as AG has turned out to be the worst possible decision made by Trump as president. Special council and a Sessions recusal, and a loss of a safe Senate seat in deep red AL

Comment

• Kapture a predator is on tilt tonight.

Comment

• Alabama should be commended for rejecting a scumbag. Yesterday, a majority of AL voters put country over party and should be proud. Roll Tide.

What this whole sordid affair underscores is that primaries are sometimes more important than the general election. Just look at our last Presidential election. The two least worthy candidates on the planet were our choice. Scum vs slime. Other than the passionate fringes, the general pop needs to get involved in primary politics.
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Just some perspective.

1. The President of the United States and the Republican Party endorsed a child molester.
                              2. The President of the United States and the Republican Party endorsed a man who thinks gay people should be imprisoned.
                              3. The President of the United States and the Republican Party
                              endorsed a man who thinks the United States is the center of evil.
                              4. The President of the United States and the Republican Party
                              endorsed a man who thinks women shouldn't vote.
                              5. The President of the United States and the Republican Party
                              endorsed a man who thinks women shouldn't hold public office.
                              6. The President of the United States and the Republican Party
                              endorsed a man who thinks America was a better country under slavery.
                              7. The President of the United States and the Republican Party
                              endorsed a man who was removed from the Alabama Supreme Court TWICE for violating the United States constitution.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Hey, good on you Alabama! I still wonder if Bannon’s sideways swipe at University of Alabama was what might have put this over the top ��. Any idea how many write in votes Saban received?

Seriously though, glad to see people reject (or at least not support) this jackwad.

Comment

Working...
                                X