No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get an inexpensive type of roast like chuck or round. Throw it in a cooker. Put a package of Lipton's Onion Soup Mix in. Cook it for along time on medium and use the fork test for time. You can cut up some carrots, celery and potatoes and add these..... or not. In that case, frozen broccoli with lots of butter. Serve with mashed potatoes (we use the containers of pre-cooked in the grocery store), Thicken the liquid in the cooker with a couple of teaspoons of cornstarch ..... good gravy.

Nothing fancy but it is super easy and pretty good.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Two cans of green beans, one can of cream of mushroom soup, half cup cream, some boneless skinless chicken breasts of thighs. (thighs are better)

Cook on low most of the day. Shred the chicken and eat.

Very easy, very tasty, very low carb. If you are not worried about the carbs add some root vegetables for a couple of hours.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        Get an inexpensive type of roast like chuck or round. Throw it in a cooker. Put a package of Lipton's Onion Soup Mix in. Cook it for along time on medium and use the fork test for time. You can cut up some carrots, celery and potatoes and add these..... or not. In that case, frozen broccoli with lots of butter. Serve with mashed potatoes (we use the containers of pre-cooked in the grocery store), Thicken the liquid in the cooker with a couple of teaspoons of cornstarch ..... good gravy.

It is good in the crock pot, but better on the stove

I do chuck roasts on the stove in a large pot. Just salt and pepper and brown it add add celery, onions, and carrots and then simmer it for a couple of hours until tender.

You can add potatoes if you like. I make a gravy from the juice.

Good shit.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Kentucky State Rep commits suicide after molestation accusation

Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson, who was under investigation for alleged sexual molestation, has committed suicide, according to Bullitt Couny Sheriff Donnie Tinnell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            Get an inexpensive type of roast like chuck or round. Throw it in a cooker. Put a package of Lipton's Onion Soup Mix in. Cook it for along time on medium and use the fork test for time. You can cut up some carrots, celery and potatoes and add these..... or not. In that case, frozen broccoli with lots of butter. Serve with mashed potatoes (we use the containers of pre-cooked in the grocery store), Thicken the liquid in the cooker with a couple of teaspoons of cornstarch ..... good gravy.

That sounds perfect. Beauty of crock pots, easy and good. Gracias.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Two cans of green beans, one can of cream of mushroom soup, half cup cream, some boneless skinless chicken breasts of thighs. (thighs are better)

Cook on low most of the day. Shred the chicken and eat.

Very easy, very tasty, very low carb. If you are not worried about the carbs add some root vegetables for a couple of hours.
              Thighs are always best, agree. Been cooking more low carb lately too, so this would be perfect.

Comment

• It would probably be good with some more veggies. Maybe brocolli? Fresh mushrooms for sure.

Comment

• Crock Pot Roast notes - Substitute half the water you use with beef broth. Be sure to sear each side of the roast before dropping it in. Other than that, no changes from above.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Here's some interesting behind-the-scenes reading about the Jones-Moore tiff.

The race will be remembered as much for Moore as for the test he posed to Washington Republicans, and the divisions he exposed among them
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• ...more recipes...less Jon...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Help me out Wiz. There's a branch stuck in my wood chipper. I'd like you to climb in and see if you can't wiggle it free...

Comment

• I'm not falling for that again...

fuckin' entropy
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Dutch ovens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> crock pots. Get yourself one. Learn how to build the flavors.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I have been meaning to do that, having experimented with my brother's a bit.

Comment

• You won't regret it. It's a necessary implement for winter cooking. From more standard things like pot roast, braised brisket, stew and chili to your more "upscale" dishes...carne adovada, coq au vin, cassoulet and osso buco. Anything that starts with browning meat and ends with braise...gotta go dutch oven.

If I were ever going to do a crock pot, I'd at least do a hard sear on the protein before putting it in and deglaze and put in all the juices.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X