No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing about coq au vin is it tastes like chicken and wine. Not sure why they just can't name it that. What does the gibberish coq au vin even mean????
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It means STFU
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
        It means STFU
        In that case, why don't you have a heaping helping, Jar Jar?
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Heh. I maybe make coq au vin once. I like it, but there are other chicken thigh dishes that are easier and comparable. However, I agree about the rebrand away from surrender monkey pretense -- it's gotta include the vital bacon element in the new name.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

• idiocy
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• As a cooking technique, my son has been doing the Sous Vide thing. He's gotten really good at it and it's super easy. His best is pork tenderloin. He brines them overnight in an air-tight sealed plastic bag in the fridge. You can also use a marinade of your choice.

In the morning, drop them in the Sous Vide container for 2-3h then flash cool them for 30m. Next, they go into the cooler for transport to the tail gate. They take about 15-20m (8-10 per side) on a really hot grill. Options for the brined, not marinated pork are various rubs. Sean has 3 or 4 and we cook one tenderloin in each of them.

The benefit of the Sous Vide'ed meats is that they are incredibly juicy. The pre-prep makes this cooking technique ideal for tailgating. He's also done chicken sandwiches this way and after the Sous Vide process, lightly breads it and drops the breaded chicken into a 350+ fryer for maybe 3-4m. Pop the meat into a potato bun, add pickles, mayo, whatever and voila'.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• back to politics

It has become almost indefensible to claim the FBI at some level was not used to attack a political parties' opponent. And Sztrok is proving it knowingly did so

Investigated Hillary's e-mail
                  Interviewed Hillary
                  Interviewed Flynnn
                  investigator for trump Russia collusion claims

heres the telltale quote

“I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office — that there’s no way he gets elected — but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk,” Strzok wrote to Page in August 2016.
                  per Washington examiner:
                  What does that mean? "Andy" apparently refers to FBI No. 2 Andrew McCabe, who was overseeing the bureau's Trump investigation. "He" apparently refers to Trump. And "insurance policy" apparently refers to…well, it is not known what that refers to.

from fox news

House Intelligence Committee investigators have long regarded Strzok as a key figure in the chain of events that began when the bureau, in 2016, received the infamous anti-Trump "dossier" and launched a counterintelligence investigation into Russian meddling in the election that ultimately came to encompass FISA surveillance of a Trump campaign associate.
                  Strzok briefed the committee on Dec. 5, 2016, sources said. But within months of that session House Intelligence Committee investigators were contacted by an informant suggesting that there was “documentary evidence” that Strzok was purportedly obstructing the House probe into the dossier.
                  Strzok also oversaw the bureau’s interviews with ousted National Security Adviser Michael Flynn – who pleaded guilty to lying to FBI investigators in the Russia probe.
                  He also was present during the FBI’s July 2016 interview with Hillary Clinton at the close of the email investigation, shortly before then-FBI director James Comey called her actions "extremely careless" without recommending criminal charges.

so if Mueller knew about the texts why was strzak the one to brief the intelligence committee

and what was this insurance policy

Comment

• Sous vide is another thing, yeah. The sous vide eggs at Starbucks are friggin great. Says a lot for the method that they can be mass produced and microwaved and still taste like that.

I admire you guys for taking the time to get all this done. At this point, with young kids, I mostly stick with my 10 basic dishes that I can do without thinking and don't take too long. I try to disguise it with a lot of pre-snap motion.

I love an evening in the kitchen with a good podcast or two, or the right music, but mostly now that's dedicated to getting things into the freezer that can come out and be ready to eat fast.

Comment

• recipe swapping homos
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You'd rather we be talking about homo-swapping recipes I'm sure, but none of us are like you. Also, none of us like you.

Comment

• So...what exactly are you trying to say?
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Dutch ovens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> crock pots. Get yourself one. Learn how to build the flavors.
                            Definitely, but sometimes it's hard to beat the convenience of a crock pot.

I make a bastardized chicken and dumpling recipe in the crockpot. It's really more like chicken pot pie, but it doesn't really matter what you call it.

Mix two cans of cream of chicken soup, one can chicken broth and about a cup of heavy cream in the pot. Dump in three or four chicken breasts and cook the shit out of it. Cut up or shred the chicken when it's done and then follow the dumpling recipe on a box of Bisquick, drop the dough in the pot and cook on high covered for about ten minutes and then uncovered for about ten more.

Super easy and really good. My kids love it. I would probably be better if you added a can or two of carrots and peas, but my kids don't like the veggies so I don't put them in.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Subject change .......

Eliminating the FCC's Net Neutrality measures is up for a vote today and is expected to be passed. The FCC has a difficult to understand set of rules that are going to be repealed. It's equally difficult to figure out what the impact of eliminating NN rules and regulations is on users of the Internet.

It seems to me government is going to eliminate itself from regulating the Internet with this legislation ..... kind-of like the government getting out of regulating telecom and, over the last 30y, just about every other industry that provides some kind of public service.

I don't know enough about the legislation or it's impact to have a position. Hot takes abound and these claim it's bad for the end user, good for ATT, Verizon and Comcast.

Eliminating the current regulation could allow ISPs to allow you to stream NETFLIX, for example, but only if you pay the ISP for that privilege. The counter to that argument is, so what, you pay for the fast lane on metro portions of the interstate and the construction of that fast lane was privately funded ..... the companies doing that should be able to make a profit on that fast lane which is what spurred them on to build it in the first place.

I dunno ..... I'm not sure the deregulation of the telecom industry, way back when, actually made things cheaper due to competition and the "invisible hand" when I shell out my monthly payment for my now antiquated Samsung S7 and get constant reminders that I am eligible for an upgrade that will only cost me $1000 per phone spread out over the life of my contract. I could go on about the airline industry as well.

I have read that if the legislation passes, law suits are already in the works to block implementation on the basis of existing law (like actual law, not regulation) that the government cannot change regulations capriciously. This was done to protect business and markets from administration changes yo-yoing regulations which would hurt long term investment.

These suits would seem to have legs considering the US government has gone to court to defend the current regulations. So, I guess we'll see what happens.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                                back to politics

It has become almost indefensible to claim the FBI at some level was not used to attack a political parties' opponent. And Sztrok is proving it knowingly did so

Investigated Hillary's e-mail
                                Interviewed Hillary
                                Interviewed Flynnn
                                investigator for trump Russia collusion claims

heres the telltale quote

?I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy?s office ? that there?s no way he gets elected ? but I?m afraid we can?t take that risk,? Strzok wrote to Page in August 2016.
                                per Washington examiner:
                                What does that mean? "Andy" apparently refers to FBI No. 2 Andrew McCabe, who was overseeing the bureau's Trump investigation. "He" apparently refers to Trump. And "insurance policy" apparently refers to?well, it is not known what that refers to.

from fox news

House Intelligence Committee investigators have long regarded Strzok as a key figure in the chain of events that began when the bureau, in 2016, received the infamous anti-Trump "dossier" and launched a counterintelligence investigation into Russian meddling in the election that ultimately came to encompass FISA surveillance of a Trump campaign associate.
                                Strzok briefed the committee on Dec. 5, 2016, sources said. But within months of that session House Intelligence Committee investigators were contacted by an informant suggesting that there was ?documentary evidence? that Strzok was purportedly obstructing the House probe into the dossier.
                                Strzok also oversaw the bureau?s interviews with ousted National Security Adviser Michael Flynn ? who pleaded guilty to lying to FBI investigators in the Russia probe.
                                He also was present during the FBI?s July 2016 interview with Hillary Clinton at the close of the email investigation, shortly before then-FBI director James Comey called her actions "extremely careless" without recommending criminal charges.

so if Mueller knew about the texts why was strzak the one to brief the intelligence committee

and what was this insurance policy
                                THIS is the closest to evidence of sedition as I have ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X