No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I make my own pit beef, but I haven't done it in a couple years. The key, really, is twofold: technique and equipment. You do your fairly basic rub on the roast and then you cook it on the grill on super high heat. You have to constantly monitor it doing about 2-3 minutes a side in a rotation. It's a round roast, so it maybe has 3-5 "sides" lengthwise plus the ends. You do that for about 30-35 minutes -- until the meat hits about 95. You let it rest for about 30 minutes. You need to balance rest time w/ size of roast and temp you pull it at, but it's about 30. That'll bring it up to a perfect mid rare.

Then the equipment. You need a meat slicer. It has to be cut deli thin. I invested in a meat slicer and it works wonderfully. Perfectly mid-rare pit beef sliced thin -- beautiful thing. I plate up the sliced beef with all the juices -- which add to the sandwich. Then, of course, you need your tiger sauce -- indispensable. Finally, I cut up some raw white onion slices, mostly for texture, but the go well with the sandwich.

It's really good. Probably one of the most surprisingly good things I do on a grill. Most people are like WTF whent they see me grilling two roasts.
    Last edited by iam416; December 14, 2017, 01:17 PM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      Cook the wings then toss in the sauce.
      I like a little saucy crust on the wings. I soak the wings in sauce (in the fridge) for a couple of hours before hand, then toss on the grill.

Ignoring the convenience of gas grills, wings are best on a charcoal grill.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Net Neutrality is history!!! God I love this president.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
          I like a little saucy crust on the wings. I soak the wings in sauce (in the fridge) for a couple of hours before hand, then toss on the grill.

Ignoring the convenience of gas grills, wings are best on a charcoal grill.
          Yeah, I've done them like that. I've found that if I crisp them on the grill a bit before tossing them in the sauce it works too.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Impressive that you invested in a meat slicer.

Comment

• A mere $150, IIRC. Probably half what nice dutch oven costs!
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/941375114964230144[/ame]

Comment

• On the grill
                  Attached Files
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Those look fucking great.

Don't compare to a tri tip roast on a charcoal grill though...I bet.

Comment

• These are jerk wings that I do occasionally

Comment

• Nice. I have a weber and a green egg smoker. All this talk is making me want bbq.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I go to wild wings
                          invite the friends family
                          drink beer
                          watch the game
                          nothing to prepare
                          nothing to clean up
                          Kansas city barbecue is always around the corner which jack stack/arthur bryant is better then any i'll ever do
                          steaks i'll do
                          burgers and brats always better on home grill

Comment

• Grilled/smoked wings >>>>>> BBW (and I'm not a BBW hater).
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You like the green egg? I've heard mixed reviews.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Oklahoma Joe's...mmMmmMmmm....
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X