Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting point I've seen raised:

Trump has the authority to order the immediate release of the FBI's FISA warrant application. He could make it all public in an hour if he really wanted it. He and his army of sycophants have insisted the Dossier was the sole evidence presented for the warrant and therefore, the entire investigation is illegitimate.

He doesn't have to merely insinuate that. He could PROVE it in an instant. Order the release of the FISA application.

He hasn't. Why?

Well, if this NYT story is accurate, it was GP and Australian Intelligence that led to the FBI's investigation. Not the Dossier. The FISA warrant, if made public, might actually show that Trump campaign activity is what sparked the investigation, not the narrative Trump and his people are weaving.

Comment

• What can be said here?

[ame]https://twitter.com/SheriffClarke/status/947225820493426688[/ame]

Comment

• How 'Democracy Dies in Darkness' is covering the Iran Protests

Comment

• Comment

• Like Assad in Syria, the Mullah's will violently put down the protesters and they don't need any help from the Russians in doing it although Putin will offer it. The same thing happened to Iranian protesters in 2009.

This isn't a good thing. The Arab Spring wasn't a good thing. It precipitated the fall of governments and in so doing created a power vacuum and the rise of extremism and tribalism that this part of the world is still struggling with.

There are tyrants in power in the ME but there is the potential for a balanced tension there. These are not democratic states and the kind of democratic principals the US stands for and advances may not be appropriate for them - 3000 years of history suggest they are not.

I see no advantage for the US to be seen as supporters of unrest in Iran as much as we may dislike the current leadership there and, for that matter, the Islamic leadership in general in the ME. The kind of drum beating coming from the Trump administration is counter productive and will simply result in more violence and human suffering in a part of the world that is besieged by it.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I forget -- what did Obama do in June '09? It was certainly a more muted approach, IIRC. But the Trump folks are probably going to do whatever they can to destabilize Iran. Filter this through its choice to align itself with Saudi.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                I forget -- what did Obama do in June '09? It was certainly a more muted approach, IIRC. But the Trump folks are probably going to do whatever they can to destabilize Iran. Filter this through its choice to align itself with Saudi.
                That's fine but keep your fucking mouth shut about it. International relations, diplomacy and covert operations are undertakings that this administration appears to have zero understanding of how to use them together to further US strategic interests.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• No argument here. There's a time and a place for a well-worded statement of public support, but we both know how able this administration is a considering that.

Comment

• This "swatting" incident that led to the death of a Wichita man is gaining traction in the area.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/natio...192284824.html

Comment

• Comeon liberals, stand for liberal principles

Make Iran Persian Again

Comment

• What does that mean? Copying a meme on the detroitlionsforum.com is making a big difference to protestors in Tehran? Ok.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• what's the matter? feel uncomfortable being on the side that sent Iran billions to prop up an oppressive Islamic regime over the will of people desperate to be free?

Liberals have a hard time with liberal principles when Islam is involved. not a word from the Woman's March protesters, supposedly on the side of woman's rights, fuckin feminists are so diluted in this country that that think the hijab is a feminist symbol of empowerment. The left is on the side of the terrorism sponsoring Islamic Republic of Iran rather than speaking up in the defense of woman's and human rights. Your side makes me physically ill.

Comment

• You have no idea where I stand. You haven't asked or cared. You've attributed something to me and say I make you ill because of that made up position. If you can't see the problem with that, well there's nothing I can do about that.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Do not feed the troll. Mommy will call him up from the basement shortly.

Maybe Trump needs a dog. It sure as hell couldn't hurt.

Mr. President, a dog – a cute crowd-pleaser who’s loyal, adoring, transparent – could take the edge off your job stress and help you become a better leader. Isn’t it time to trade your Twitter feed for some tail wags?, asks Randi Kaye.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                                what's the matter? feel uncomfortable being on the side that sent Iran billions to prop up an oppressive Islamic regime over the will of people desperate to be free?
                                The US did not give Iran $150b so, STFU with your fly by non-sense.

You seem like a smart guy but you lose all credibility with this kind of posting. It typifies the manipulation of information by the Trump administration (half truths twisted to serve a narrative) and the blind following and shallow thinking of Trumpsters. Find a line that sounds good and run with it.

Never mind fact checking or reading other sources to get some balance to your world view. I thought your post was BS and took an unjustified shot at SLF. It took me one Google search to show that it was.

Comment

Working...
                                X