No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You skew the issue. If you hold religious beliefs of any sort, then by your own definition you are submissive to the tenets of said religion. If Christian. you have no personal liberty as you must submit to not stealing, murdering, coveting your neighbor's wife, etc. The purpose of all religion is to restrict and govern behavior.
    I skew the issue? That is beneath even you, Jon. Do you posit an agnostic world in which " ... stealing, murdering, coveting your neighbor's wife, etc...." is considered liberty or liberal? Really? Google the concept of Natural Law and learn something. People, because they are humans, have rights to life, liberty, and property regardless of the government/religious milieu.

But there were two questions on the table. One was if any of you progs can name any liberal position that Islam holds. The other was if any of you could name something positive the US received from the Iran Deal.

Boys, the silence is becoming louder.

I will urge you to consider why liberal democracy, as the term is normally defined, arose in Christian Europe after the Protestant Revolution. Americans throwing off the British monarchy was not the only thing that began in 1776.

Comment

• One was if any of you progs can name any liberal position that Islam holds
      Well, a lot of Islam hates other religions, I believe, and that includes Christianity. So, there's that, but that's more American Liberal than than Lockean liberal.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's starting to smell like a Jack Chick pamphlet in here

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          "Hey, Bill, think we should buzz the skyscrapers and do barrel rolls? Noooo! President Trump is strict! Do NOT crash the plane."
          Heh heh

From what I read the last commercial aircraft fatalities in the US were in 2009. Remember that little budget carrier that crashed landing in Buffalo? That was the last one, if what I read is accurate. So the US was already on a long streak...if Trump getting 'very strict' changed anything I guess he helped make Air Astana much safer...THANK HIM, BORAT!!

Comment

• Why does DSL want to kill apostates? And take away our cars?
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• DSL is a commie.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                I'd appreciate it if you could name a single belief of Islam that can be viewed as liberal.
                Invalid question. Eastern religions cannot be defined/explained with Western values. East is east, West is west and never the twain shall meet.

Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                Oh, I'm still waiting for you to name one thing beneficial to the US that WE got from the Iran deal.
                A temporary halt to their nuclear weapons development program. This program should be back up and running shortly given the very public impotent responses to North Korea's program made by Putin's cock holster.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post

A temporary halt to their nuclear weapons development program. This program should be back up and running shortly given the very public impotent responses to North Korea's program made by Putin's cock holster.
                  temporary is correct, meanwhile they use billions of dollars released to them to build up their military and become a regional superpower... THEN they get a nuke.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Why does DSL want to kill apostates? And take away our cars?
                    As a despicable prog I demand the State control every aspect of your life and therefore we are introducing state-licensed robo-cars (who will be allowed to marry and join labor unions).

I now plead with my prog brethren to accept Geezer's "Name 1 Redeeming Thing About Islam" Challenge. Surely if we can put our prog pea-brains together we can think of one pathetic intersectionalist response.

Comment

• The artwork is One Redeeming Thing. Is why a good rug can really tie the room together.

Comment

• I'd be wary of the NYT anyways. Is the paper of Judith Miller and WMDs. And just some curious editorial decisions over the years. Too often willing to compromise for access, and also the hubris. Go WaPo for politics, IMO. And Reuters and FT.

Comment

• STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• But, more in the spirit of the question, you get to have four wives, and divorcing them is easy. In Saudi you can do it by text message.

Comment

• Can I text your sister and ask for some kinky sex?
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You'd have to marry her first. Which would require my father's permission. Protip: rape her first so he's more likely to say yes.

But all that's just theory until you prove you know how to use a phone.

Comment

Working...
                                X