No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bet most of his visions were of the floor, him grabbing his ankles.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Ent:
      Oregon passed a law allowing people to pump their own gas. If you want to pass time and get a good laugh, read this collection of twitter responses.
      Great post. In my lifetime the market-awareness of US consumers of gasoline has been just outstanding. Self-Serve became the preferred method of purchase in about 2 weeks from being introduced. Pay-at-the-pump was almost as quickly adopted. I remember the first time I paid at the pump. A little doubt, but might as well give it a try. Hack, do Americans adapt to new technology more quickly than other countries?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Two things -- Kapture, that's a fantastic gif; and does anyone else want to fly to Portland to shoot the motherfucking idiot that didn't shoot Le_Wizard_?
        I think he lives in Alabama now...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Geezer, Kaptur, and Crash don't have an answer this question

If the FISA application will show the entire Mueller probe is a sham built on fake evidence, and Trump has the power to make that FISA application public (he could have it on the front page of Breitbart in an hour), why doesn't he do so?

Trump would be totally vindicated if the FISA warrant were exposed, according to geezer, crash, and kaptur. Why do they keep pretending that he is powerless here and at the total mercy of former Obama era officials?
          Sorry to say, but that is a completely valid point. Let's see what the FISA warrants were based upon, or if that somehow hurts national security, then just answer the question "Did the applications for the FISA warrants contain anything referring to the Trump Dossier?"

Comment

• Of course they do, Geezer. Christian Americans. Other people are either not Christians or not Americans, and therefore unable.

Comment

• I'll admit, I'll probably get the book this article is based upon and which has everyone in an uproar today. The WH is going to have to come out and denounce Bannon at some point if he won't call his quotes explicit lies. In going through this article it's pretty clear the author got a significant amount of material from Bannon directly.

Wolff interviewed over 200 people for the book.

People will believe what they want to believe.

"It looked as if he had seen a ghost"

Comment

• So, the Ds and the HRC managed to lose to a complete fool that wasn't even trying to win and didn't want to win? In the battle for record-setting incompetence, this is a Bob Beamon type mark.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                  Sorry to say, but that is a completely valid point. Let's see what the FISA warrants were based upon, or if that somehow hurts national security, then just answer the question "Did the applications for the FISA warrants contain anything referring to the Trump Dossier?"
                  I think the Dossier was at least part of it and that's potentially problematic. Couple things though:

1) The Dossier isn't 100% lies, as most conservative media has been pushing

2) The most pro-Trump members of conservative media have been pushing the argument that the Dossier was the SOLE BASIS for the warrant. Total speculation on my part but I'd wager that isn't remotely true. If it was, Trump would make it public. No, my guess is that there was other credible evidence used in the application. Trump probably hasn't seen it but has possibly been told that not everything in the warrant would be good for him politically/legally. Which is why it's still secret.

Comment

So, the Ds and the HRC managed to lose to a complete fool that wasn't even trying to win and didn't want to win? In the battle for record-setting incompetence, this is a Bob Beamon type mark.
                    A-yup. Don't blame me. I voted Kodos-er-Bernie.

Comment

So, the Ds and the HRC managed to lose to a complete fool that wasn't even trying to win and didn't want to win? In the battle for record-setting incompetence, this is a Bob Beamon type mark.
                      From a group that hasn't apparently done much in the way of learning from the loss, either.

Comment

• True. And while their incompetence "long jump" of 29'2" is truly staggering, the white house is consistently topping 30'.

Or, perhaps more appropriately, the Ds=South Carolina's shitass offensive clownshow; the Rs=M's shitass offensive clownshow.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• People's Republic of Ann Arbor still, but it just means something a bit different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            I think the Dossier was at least part of it and that's potentially problematic. Couple things though:

1) The Dossier isn't 100% lies, as most conservative media has been pushing

2) The most pro-Trump members of conservative media have been pushing the argument that the Dossier was the SOLE BASIS for the warrant. Total speculation on my part but I'd wager that isn't remotely true. If it was, Trump would make it public. No, my guess is that there was other credible evidence used in the application. Trump probably hasn't seen it but has possibly been told that not everything in the warrant would be good for him politically/legally. Which is why it's still secret.
                            1) doesn't matter, the FBI via Comey's testimony said that the dossier remains an unverified document.

2) Speculation is all anyone has at this point, but IF the dossier was dressed up as an actual official intelligence document and was the main piece of evidence then there is a massive problem. Fruit from the poisonous tree. Perhaps Trump knows and is using that info for the exact moment Mueller doesn't clear him. Who, besides the president, knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              From a group that hasn't apparently done much in the way of learning from the loss, either.
                              what loss? To Doug Jones? I think that one is self evident.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                                1) doesn't matter, the FBI via Comey's testimony said that the dossier remains an unverified document.

2) Speculation is all anyone has at this point, but IF the dossier was dressed up as an actual official intelligence document and was the main piece of evidence then there is a massive problem. Fruit from the poisonous tree. Perhaps Trump knows and is using that info for the exact moment Mueller doesn't clear him. Who, besides the president, knows?
                                Speculation is all we have but some makes more sense than others. Which is why, if the warrant was based entirely or even mostly on The Dossier, it makes zero sense at all that Trump hasn't made it public by now. He could neuter and halt the investigation (politically) if he exposed the warrant TODAY. Why would he want to drag it on and on indefinitely only to say "AH-HA!" at the very last minute? No, that makes no sense.

"The President is a genius do not question his mysterious ways" isn't going to work here. You know as well as Geezer does that it's hard to understand that if Trump could publish information that would immediately exonerate him, it's hard to understand why he wouldn't do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X