No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...it's what libs do...under the guise of "helping the little guy"...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That may be AA but, how do you remove the stain of the intention of the drafters?
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• ...government must do everything for them...because obviously they are just too damn stupid and lazy to do it on their own...

...and yet...they still vote for the libs...lol...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Literally no one thinks that.

Comment

• Seatt..

I'll ask the question differently.. what in the law was discriminatory in your mind? I know what the court said, but I don't agree. courts can be political as well (hence why the parties fight about supreme court nominations). Again, I might be missing the point, but what I've read and understand, I don't see what rules target blacks citizens and prevent them from voting?
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
              That may be AA but, how do you remove the stain of the intention of the drafters?

I think voter ID is a good thing - just like I think access to early term abortion is needed. If the proponents of the former wrongly believes it suppresses black voter turnout and the proponents of the latter believes that it keeps black population in check, I try not to let those misguided racist drafters from making me reject things I support out of spite.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                That may be AA but, how do you remove the stain of the intention of the drafters?

Interesting question and could be turned on every piece of legislation. Is the person pushing the law the determining factor of its quality or the law itself? Does this work for trade deals? Budgets? etc... ?

Comment

• seatt... btw, I'm not trying to be an ass about this (I know it's in my nature to be one, but this time, I'm really trying not to be..) but I'd like to understand your perspective. If anything I see D's and R's standing across a small stream screaming that gap between them is huge, when the reality is you can step across it and find something that works better... for everyone.

Comment

• I know it's in my nature to be one

Thank you...Captain Obvious...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

You know, looking at that facial expression, I was reminded of another unpleasant character:

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                        You know, looking at that facial expression, I was reminded of another unpleasant character:

unpleasant to the haters only.

Comment

• Sarah "Queen of Bullshit Mountain" Sanders

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                            Seatt..

I'll ask the question differently.. what in the law was discriminatory in your mind? I know what the court said, but I don't agree. courts can be political as well (hence why the parties fight about supreme court nominations). Again, I might be missing the point, but what I've read and understand, I don't see what rules target blacks citizens and prevent them from voting?
                            For example, in North Carolina they did a study to determine when blackmpeople voted, and what ID they used most commonly, and then reduced voting times and acceptable ID to limit participation among that group.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                              seatt... btw, I'm not trying to be an ass about this (I know it's in my nature to be one, but this time, I'm really trying not to be..) but I'd like to understand your perspective. If anything I see D's and R's standing across a small stream screaming that gap between them is huge, when the reality is you can step across it and find something that works better... for everyone.
                              Ent, I could not agree more and I'm always happy to discuss my opinions. Heck, sometimes I even change my mind (like I did with abortion kinda).

Comment

• SLF: I don't disagree with you but, you have to go back to point 1. It's not a problem. It's never been a problem. A handful of in person votes are cast fraudulently each year. So how much trouble is correcting that handful of votes?

And I also don't disagree that fair and equal treatment of voters is fine. But that is not what happens. Voter ID laws are TARGETED to surpress specific voting blocks. That's a real issue.
                                (1)Certainly, you don't believe that only a handful of illegal votes are cast. I personally KNOW more than a handful of illegals who routinely vote. Polls indicate 20% of illegals vote, and I believe those who self-identify as illegal and as voting. And this is nothing new. Chicago has been ruled by machine politics for so long that"vote early, vote often.." is just how it is.

(2) Voter registration laws are indeed TARGETED to affect certain blocks. Those would be children, illegal immigrants, and non-citizens (legally in the country).

I've voted in the same place since 1976 and I've been asked for my driver's license every time in accordance with Michigan Law. We now find out that Jon just has this peculiarity which the poll watchers recognize and accommodate. When he leaves, they look at each other and say, "Dammed fool!" just like we do around here.

I knew there had to be more to Jon's story than that he voted without ID in MI. Now Fruit will jump in and say that fruit has only had to show ID the last two elections.

Give the "check-in" persons a break. They ask for everyone's ID even if they know you so that they do not appear to discriminate when a person unknown to them comes in and wants to vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X