Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    BTW, I could be wrong. Maybe US black folks are the only people in western world incapable of figuring out and following voter ID requirements. Maybe they?re just that unable. I really, really think otherwise. I think they?re every bit as able as UK citizens, Canadian citizens, white Americans, the Dutch, Brazilians and many others. If I?m wrong on that I?m wrong on that. But I really don?t think I am.
    This is disingenuous and silly. It is not that anyone (or many) are incapable, it is that it should be very easy to vote in this country. People don't do things when they are difficult to do. Anything that makes voting more difficult is a problem, especially if the measure to make it more difficult are aimed at a segment of society. It is especially problematic if it is directed at particular type of voter and is imposed by the people in power to suppress that segment. This has already happened. (I'm talking to you, North Carolina and Alabama)
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It's not about an inability to comply (although there is some of that) it is also about making it a bigger pain for "bad voters" than for those you want to vote. Thereby discouraging those folks from voting.

FWIW, DSL pretty much nailed my thoughts on the matter.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• CGVT:

So you’re against voter registration? Makes it harder to vote.

And it’s absolutely not disingenuous. You infantalize black folks with your soft prog paternal racism. It’s bullshit.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Where’s the evidence of the effect, SLF?

The reality is that it is NOT a pain the ass. At all. So there is no effect of consequence. Period.

Anyway, I’m glad you support some sort of ID requirement.
          Last edited by iam416; January 4, 2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• I should also note that it’s easier to vote in this country than in most western countries.

Comment

• Talent - do you think North Carolina was a lone wolf on the intent of the laws or the only ones that got caught?

Comment

• For massive voter fraud to take place it would actually have to occur during registration, not the in-person voting.

So to register to vote in Ohio you can do it online or in person/by mail. Doing it online requires either an Ohio Driver's License or an Ohio ID. Doing it in person or by mail, a Social Security Number is enough (but online requires SSN and license). I looked at despicable prog California and it's virtually identical: Cali Driver ID or a SSN.

So it really boils down to the SSN

Comment

• Front:

I doubt there are other state laws analogous to NC. I can’t speak to what motivated each legislator. I’d guess a few votes were cast with unpure intentions. I can speak to whether the laws are facially neutral. Which brings me to my question for you: do you think AAs are less able to comply with Voter ID laws and, if so, is it due to poverty rates, genetic defect or other?

Comment

• BTW i didn't mention this but Penn State's new OC is a former classmate of mine. Not that he'd know me from Adam. But this is how I know I'm getting old.

I renounce all familiarity with the man should their offense suck w/o McSorley.

Comment

• DSL:

Exactly re registration. As I’ve said many times, I was registered under 4 different names in Cleveland. I’m quite sure I could have voted all 4 times - absentee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        The Mercers are ending all support for Steve Bannon. Might even force him out of Breitbart.

That's a good thing. But he was the same awful person 5 days ago that he is today. Only difference is he's bashed Trump's family.
                        That's a great thing, Bannon is a piece of shit, always has been. His lips have always been firmly planted on the ass of any rising star from Breitbart to Palin to Bachmann to Trump. He's a self aggrandizing leach, and the media has given him way more clout than he has ever actually had. In fact the importance the media has always claimed Bannon had came solely from the leaks that Bannon was dropping to members of the NY Times and other outlets during the campaign and from the White House to make him seem more important than he was. Trump's bitchslap was 100% spot on. Notice the leaks stopped when Bannon was fired? Notice that the WH ran more efficently without Bannon? Notice actual policy accomplishments took place after Bannon left? Notice the great governance (if you were a conservative) in the last three months vs during Bannon's entire tenure in the WH? Bannon made the mistake of believing the myth about himself (that was self created) that he was President Bannon, and that he was the leader of the Trumpian movement. He will not be at Breitbart within two weeks time. He will be left with nothing, no power, no perceived power, no website, no pull... nothing but his polo shirts and his 20,000,000 Goldman Sachs dollars.

Scaramucci was right about him.
                        Last edited by Kapture1; January 4, 2018, 08:56 PM.

Comment

CGVT:

So you?re against voter registration? Makes it harder to vote.

And it?s absolutely not disingenuous. You infantalize black folks with your soft prog paternal racism. It?s bullshit.

To point #1: I am not against registration, but we should be making it easier to register. We should also make it easier to vote. On line, over a couple of days. on weekends etc etc.

To point #2:

I call bullshit on your weak attempt to troll.

Carry on.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I would say other or maybe poverty rate. If they want you to go to the DMV to get a voter ID and you don't have a car, it's a big burden. It was a burden to get my daughters driving permit and I have a car a flexible schedule, it took two trips. If you are in one of the counties in Alabama that shut down the DMV for bugetary reasons it makes it hard.

You are talking from an Ohio perspective, their forms of I'd are much more liberal.

Did you think Shelby was the correct decision?

Comment

DSL:

Exactly re registration. As I?ve said many times, I was registered under 4 different names in Cleveland. I?m quite sure I could have voted all 4 times - absentee.
                              Lol! How did that happen?
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                                Lol! How did that happen?

He also goes by the names

Fancy Pants, Esq
                                Fancie Pants, III
                                Fanciful Pants,
                                And
                                Lester
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X