Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, YOU'RE what's wrong with America!
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
      can anyone see the irony that Jeff Sessions could have just been the person that kick started the push that will ultimately legalize weed across the country for recreational use?
      I would imagine that states would be allowed to continue to criminalize its use/sale/cultivation.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
        I would imagine that states would be allowed to continue to criminalize its use/sale/cultivation.
        As it should be.

Comment

• this guy in concerned with Trump's mental health lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
            many observers, including "expert economists" thought that the market would crash when Trump was elected, thought that his election would "trigger a global depression which we would not recover".
            Interesting. Never heard that from any reputable source. To be honest, from any source.

Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
            He knows what he's doing, and it will work despite the democrats mental anguish.
            If you say so. When Trump does something about NoKo that actually has an effect, or makes an agreement that China doesn't actively undermine, let us know. So far its been counter-productive bluster, ineffective 'new' sanctions that NK bypasses via 3rd parties acting as proxies for Iran and Pakistan, more counter-productive bluster, UN sanctions that China openly flouts, even more counter-productive bluster, and stale months old promises like "we'll take care of it". Plus counter-productive bluster.

China wants the status quo to stay as it is. It keeps a buffer on its SE border. Changing the regime to a pro-west gov't on its border is not an acceptable option (much like NoKo having any nukes is to us). Disruption of NoKo will send uncounted malnourished refugees across its borders. An unstable dictator in NoKo keeps US assets pinned down. With the withdrawl from the TransPac trade agreement, the US has abdicated its leading role in the area's economic influence sphere that China is only too happy to fill. Trump's instability and detachment from reality has left our allies unsure if Trump means what he says. No one in the region can count on the US as an ally because there is no consistent foreign policy. Trump and Kim are equally destabililzing forces in the region.

So let us know if he does anything positive. I'll certainly welcome the change.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• awful
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Interesting. Never heard that from any reputable source. To be honest, from any source.
                Does Paul Krugman count? I mean, I think he's a total and complete idiot, but some folks seem to think he's some sort of expert including the NYT.

He wrote this: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...onomic-fallout
                It really does now look like President Donald J. Trump, and markets are plunging. When might we expect them to recover?

Frankly, I find it hard to care much, even though this is my specialty. The disaster for America and the world has so many aspects that the economic ramifications are way down my list of things to fear.

Still, I guess people want an answer: If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Agreed, what an idiot. Sounds like clickbait.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                    Interesting. Never heard that from any reputable source. To be honest, from any source.

If you say so.
                    Paul Krugman: The Economic Fallout
                    By PAUL KRUGMAN

COMMENT
                    2016-11-09T00:42:44-05:0012:42 AM ET
                    It really does now look like President Donald J. Trump, and markets are plunging. When might we expect them to recover?

Frankly, I find it hard to care much, even though this is my specialty. The disaster for America and the world has so many aspects that the economic ramifications are way down my list of things to fear.

Still, I guess people want an answer: If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never.

Under any circumstances, putting an irresponsible, ignorant man who takes his advice from all the wrong people in charge of the nation with the world?s most important economy would be very bad news. What makes it especially bad right now, however, is the fundamentally fragile state much of the world is still in, eight years after the great financial crisis.

It?s true that we?ve been adding jobs at a pretty good pace and are quite close to full employment. But we?ve been doing O.K. only thanks to extremely low interest rates. There?s nothing wrong with that per se. But what if something bad happens and the economy needs a boost? The Fed and its counterparts abroad basically have very little room for further rate cuts, and therefore very little ability to respond to adverse events.

Now comes the mother of all adverse effects ? and what it brings with it is a regime that will be ignorant of economic policy and hostile to any effort to make it work. Effective fiscal support for the Fed? Not a chance. In fact, you can bet that the Fed will lose its independence, and be bullied by cranks.

So we are very probably looking at a global recession, with no end in sight. I suppose we could get lucky somehow. But on economics, as on everything else, a terrible thing has just happened.

Business Insider's Josh Barro speaks with Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman, who says Trump can't take credit for the soaring stock market.

Business Insider senior editor Josh Barro sits down with Paul Krugman, a Nobel Prize-winning economist and distinguished professor of economics at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. Krugman doesn't attribute the recent run up in stocks to the GOP tax bill. He notes that stocks are up about the same amount all around the world, which is certainly not specific to Trump. In terms of the economy, he doesn't think Trump deserves credit for how strong it is, considering no actual policies have been put into place. He also mentions that the economy has been adding jobs at a steady rate for years now.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGUrnaYmpR0"]PAUL KRUGMAN: Trump Can't Take Credit For The Soaring Stock Market - YouTube[/ame]

President Trump’s budget will only balance out if the economy grows by 3 percent a year — a pace that hasn’t been seen in 20 years.

President Donald Trump's first budget is optimistic, to say the least. His entire plan rests on the idea that the nation's economy will grow at an annual rate of at least 3 percent ? almost double the country?s 1.6 percent growth in 2016, and a pace that hasn?t been seen in almost 20 years.

Comment

• What's his budget project inflation to be if growth doubles from 2016? Or are Fed rate increases supposed to tamp down inflation?

Comment

• Krugman's going on 20 years now with that NYT column. That's no way to stay sane. Tom Friedman used to be sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                          What's his budget project inflation to be if growth doubles from 2016? Or are Fed rate increases supposed to tamp down inflation?
                          they will be increasing rates anyways because you can only go so long at .25%

Comment

• He doesn't have one, GJ. Tax cuts are like the fad-diet water weight you lose in the first two weeks. Sustainable long-term growth requires structural change in the economy. There's just too much money banks can make from prop trading to care about their old role as financial intermediaries. There's too much VC money chasing unicorns and fake unicorns. There's not enough flowing to the people who would actually spend. There's not enough capital allocated to infrastructure, which would lower the cost of logistics and therefore the cost of goods.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              Krugman's going on 20 years now with that NYT column. That's no way to stay sane. Tom Friedman used to be sane.
                              toeing the democrat party line is what you are seeing, and I agree, no way to do that and sound sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                He doesn't have one, GJ. Tax cuts are like the fad-diet water weight you lose in the first two weeks. Sustainable long-term growth requires structural change in the economy. There's just too much money banks can make from prop trading to care about their old role as financial intermediaries. There's too much VC money chasing unicorns and fake unicorns. There's not enough flowing to the people who would actually spend. There's not enough capital allocated to infrastructure, which would lower the cost of logistics and therefore the cost of goods.
                                BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X