No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plus we are going to bring on another part time employee at the beginning of Feb, if she works out then she becomes full time and we will be fully staffed for the first time since 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      Any inattention to the Puerto Rico situation is ridiculous for any side, it shouldn't matter about future electoral results. Unfortunately coverage has moved on from this and media coverage drives the government to do things it wouldn't ordinarily do. The citizens in Puerto Rico deserve the same type of response as any other American citizen.
      correct.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Any inattention to the Puerto Rico situation is ridiculous for any side, it shouldn't matter about future electoral results. Unfortunately coverage has moved on from this and media coverage drives the government to do things it wouldn't ordinarily do. The citizens in Puerto Rico deserve the same type of response as any other American citizen.
        I agree, but I have to ask if they deserve the same as American citizens, why was their infrastructure in such shit shape prior to the hurricanes? Their entire electrical grid was shit prior to being completely destroyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
          I agree, but I have to ask if they deserve the same as American citizens, why was their infrastructure in such shit shape prior to the hurricanes? Their entire electrical grid was shit prior to being completely destroyed.
          They are American citizens.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
            They are American citizens.
            and they had a power grid that was utter garbage, prior to having it completely destroyed. why the substandard electrical grid for any Americans?

Let me ask you... how long does it take to build an electrical grid from the ground up to go from 0 to 3,500,000 people serviced, and 3,515 square miles covered?

Comment

• Wow. DaGeezer just took a creepier turn than usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                and they had a power grid that was utter garbage, prior to having it completely destroyed.

Let me ask you... how long does it take to build an electrical grid from the ground up to go from 0 to 3,500,000 people serviced, and 3,515 square miles covered?
                I don't have any idea. And neither do you.

Comment

I don't have any idea. And neither do you.
                  you seem to have unrealistic expectations for someone that doesn't have a clue.

Months, at least. especially considering you don't start with clean infrastructure. roads collapsed, and parts of the island unreachable until roads were repaired and debris removed.

Comment

• What expectations have I said I have?

Comment

• FROOT WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT

Comment

• It would seem that if one is going to criticize, e.g., the lack of power in parts of PR that they have some sort of expectation as to how long it should take to restore power island-wide and that those expectations aren't being met.

Now, since SLF has no expecations whatsoever it seems like he can't possibly criticize at least the power issues in PR. And I don't believe he is. And to his own admission...he CAN'T.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It seems to me that it is taking more time to restore power than it has in other similar situations. Of course I could be wrong. But the lack of attention on the issues is shocking.

Comment

• So you have expectations?

I mean, why lawyer up with these ridiculous questions ... what expectations have I said I have? It's clear that kapture thinks things are going swimmingly and it's clear you think they are not -- which means you clearly have expectations of some sort.

Uggh. Well, it's still better than the my charity is way better than your stupid charity shitshow/creepshow. So, good on you and kapture.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

It seems to me that it is taking more time to restore power than it has in other similar situations. Of course I could be wrong. But the lack of attention on the issues is shocking.
                              again, point me to any place in the Continental US that has as outdated of a power grid as PR did prior to it being completely destroyed.

Then take that land and move it on an island 1850 km away from the US

Then hit that island with two historic level hurricanes.

You simply can not compare PR with other situations in the US, because they are not the same

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                So you have expectations?

I mean, why lawyer up with these ridiculous questions ... what expectations have I said I have? It's clear that kapture thinks things are going swimmingly and it's clear you think they are not -- which means you clearly have expectations of some sort.

Uggh. Well, it's still better than the my charity is way better than your stupid charity shitshow/creepshow. So, good on you and kapture.
                                I wouldn't say swimmingly, but I expect that this task is going to take time, and I am not holding anyone responsible for not replacing PR's entire power grid within a week or a month, or pretending as if this is the same thing as a power outage in Detroit.

Comment

Working...
                                X