Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      Don't tell me who you hate; that's pussified. Tell me who you love.

^^^ still applies

I am a music fan. My tastes are wide and varied depending on my mood. Not much on show tunes or musicals, though - unless you consider opera to be in that general category. Hamilton was fun, though. Still not music I would listen too again, though.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA probably has to sometimes choose between The Best of Tiny Tim...or a medley of Weird Al Yankovich tunes...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• While we're talking about music, did you know that Eric Clapton's son did NOT die from the fall from that open window?

(It was the studden stop when he landed - I will show myself out)

Comment

• I had never read that Bono opinion piece , that made my day. It is so awesome, thanks Hack. I'm still bummed out about Dolores O'Riordan passing, that brought a little cheer.

Comment

• CNN poll that had the democrats up on the generic congressional ballot by 18 is now just up by 5 and tax cuts haven't kicked in yet

As the midterm election year begins, a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS finds the Democratic advantage on a generic congressional ballot has tightened to a narrow 5 points among registered voters, but those voters who say they are most enthusiastic about turning out to vote this fall favor Democrats by a wide 15-point margin.

Comment

• The Cranberries annoyed the crap out of me at the time, but Zombie in retrospect is a really good song.

Comment

• AA,

I’ll go on the record as a B. Joel fan. The Stranger is an excellent album, and Scenes From An Italian Restaurant is a great example of storytelling in lyrics and music.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I knew there was something not right in the head with SLF. The Lions-M-Trotsky Fanboy stuff should have tipped me off, but that all pales in comparison to loving Billy Joel. Next you'll tell me you prefer ketchup-based sugar-sweet barbecue sauce.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You can craft your tomato-based sauce more on the piquant/savory side and less on the cloyingly sweet side.

For the record, I enjoy both tomato-based and vinegar sauces if done correctly. One thing I cannot abide is topping my barbecue with soggy cabbage that was drenched in mayonnaise - something very common with the vinegar-based devotees.

Comment

• Very nice article duly mocking and taking to task Europe's energy policy: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ean-union-coal

I would have never thought that burning wood is part of the renewable energy effort. Fascinating.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                          AA,

I?ll go on the record as a B. Joel fan. The Stranger is an excellent album, and Scenes From An Italian Restaurant is a great example of storytelling in lyrics and music.

Correct

Comment

• You can craft your tomato-based sauce more on the piquant/savory side and less on the cloyingly sweet side.
                            One doesn't need a pure vinegar-based sauced. However, whether mustard/tomato/otherwise-based, the vinegar:brown sugar ratio can't merely be 1:1 -- it must tilt to vinegar.

One thing I cannot abide is topping my barbecue with soggy cabbage that was drenched in mayonnaise - something very common with the vinegar-based devotees.
                            Correct. A proper barbecue slaw is definitely the southern version of small-chopped cabbage (as opposed to quasi-julienned) dressed in a vinegar-based sauce -- perhaps with a bit of dijon to give body to the emulsification. I like adding a bit of green onion and granny smith along with some red pepper flake. But, the point of the slaw ought to be palate-cleansing and refreshing; not palate-coating and heavy.

There are, perhaps, times for a mayo-dressed slaw. Maybe. But it's not certainly not with barbecue pork.

Comment

• We agree. Thus, I am wrong by definition.

Damn it.

Comment

• In yer face!

Comment

Working...
                                X