Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct, Kapture.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• this unbridled Kapture talent brokeback mountain episode sickens me

Comment

• Get used to it. Talent is horny.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Last edited by Kapture1; January 24, 2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
            so impeach because he's a jackass? I gotta say, his actions are really not a shock. He never promised to be a moral leader of the country, he never promised to be the voice of calm reason, he promised to put this country and her citizens FIRST. That was it.

I knew what I was voting for, I figured I would get an agenda that I agreed with about 70% of the time. So far he has surpassed my expectations. I get that he is a VERY polarizing figure, and he doesn't act like a lawyer turned politician, and to an extent, that's refreshing. I'm sick of PC poll tested talking points tbh.
            Well, I never said, "impeach" but I don't think you meant to imply I did. I think you are right though that there are a shit ton of people out there, usually uninformed, who think he broke the law and impeachment is the correct course of action for Congress.

They are wrong .... so, don't tie me in with that group.

I'm generally in agreement with you regarding the 70% point you make. But don't you think he's a bit (no I mean a fucking whole lot worse) than what you expected of him as the face of the United States?
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Coulter Mistake and How Not to Make it

Key quote

This idea, that “political correctness” is the greatest scourge of modern times, is rampant on the right. More now than ever, but it’s always been there. It is especially there in the conspiracy swamps like Infowars and among white supremacists and white nationalists, who think not being able to use racial slurs is worse than being an actual slave
              Last edited by froot loops; January 24, 2018, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                  Well, I never said, "impeach" but I don't think you meant to imply I did. I think you are right though that there are a shit ton of people out there, usually uninformed, who think he broke the law and impeachment is the correct course of action for Congress.

They are wrong .... so, don't tie me in with that group.

I'm generally in agreement with you regarding the 70% point you make. But don't you think he's a bit (no I mean a fucking whole lot worse) than what you expected of him as the face of the United States?
                  he doesn't have to break the law to be impeached, and I was more referencing the shit ton of people out there that want him impeached even though no law has been broken.

No. I don't really care about all of that. I think that some people still see Trump as bumblefucking his way through the presidency and saying outlandish shit and seriously sitting on the bed watching 12 hours a day of the gorilla channel. I don't. I see that what he does is theater mixed with politics like no other president in history. I still can't tell if what he does is calculated or not but he has an amazing persuasive talent. Not sure if it is natural ability or if he is just really really really well versed on technique, but he is one of the greatest persuaders I have ever seen. and it seems like half of people completely miss it, which baffles me.

I can give more than several examples, but low energy Jeb! is my favorite. It was Jeb!'s kill shot, it is what took him out of the race for the presidency. After Trump gave Jeb! his name, from then on you couldn't look at Jeb! and not think "yeah, he really is low energy". there is a visual component to it. And Jeb! spent the rest of his campaign trying to prove that he had normal level of testosterone, and it just made it worse.

another example was the first question in the first debate. Where Kelly goes into all the nasty and vile things he had called women on his twitter feed over the last 6-7 years, things that he is on record of saying before there was a twitter, and that right there to ANY normal politician would sink their candidacy. Boom, first question. Because there is no way to explain your way out of it if you think about Donald being a normal politician. Would he apologize? would he do everything he could to not answer the question? His answer? "ONLY ROSIE O'DONNELL"... First off very visual, everybody in the world knows who Rosie is, immediately a picture of her face pops into your mind... and all the things that Kelly read off are compared to Rosie, and you think... yeah, she is a fat pig. That is not usual. Not many people could get out of that.

Comment

• Hack ..... on Cheney.

At the time of Desert Storm, I was less than a year from having retired. Because of my EW background and security clearances I had, I was almost sure I was going to get recalled for some staff job in a tent, in the sand. It didn't happen. Thank God. I was used to much better accommodations during my service.

So, TBH, I thought the whole operation was sound if not a bit Machiavellian in character. I spent a good deal of time defending this particular military operation based on what I knew and had studied during the latter months of my service.

In retrospect, I feel much differently about it but that's a whole different discussion. Bottom line was that the outcome, blow-back if you will, was bad. Terribly thought out and horribly managed from the day US tanks rolled into Baghdad and planted a US flag in Saddam's garden. We've got what we've got in the ME now in good measure due to the stupid that followed what can only be characterized as the one completely successful US military operation since WWII.

My sense at the time (and I had plenty of doubts about WMD) was that for strategic purposes bringing down Saddam was worth it. Given that Bush I wasn't going to go it alone, the world, especially NATO allies, needed to be convinced to go for it. So what, the go decision was based on a big fat lie.

As awful as that sounds to me typing it, given the circumstances at the time, given what the intelligence community knew about the situation with Iran, Israel, the Russians/Syrians and the rest of the ME, gaining a counter-balance to Iran via a friendly government in Iraq was a good move. From an Arab perspective, after Saddam invaded Kuwait, all they wanted was for Saddam to be stopped in his tracks before these actions produced a conflict with Israel or prompted an Israeli military response dragging the whole ME into war. BTW, I found an interesting link when I was trying to remember who the Israeli PM was back then. Yitzak Shamir of the Likud Party. Interesting read:

Anyway, governments lie. You are shocked by this? Moreover, as far as the Cheney criminality in all of that. I think it is overplayed.....and again that politicians and government employees enrich themselves by virtue of their roles or positions in government shouldn't shock anyone either. Is it wrong? Should we, as citizens, demand transparency and to hold these people accountable? Absolutely but it's a kind-of unicorns and rainbows world view when folks are shocked by the bad shit that goes down all the time.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Kapture..... well, you and I aren't going to agree on what's behind Trump's act.

I'll leave it at that. No point in discussing it.

Comment

• Seperately a lot of people consider The Doors to be trash, not me I'd much rather listen to them than Springsteen.
                        Tread lightly or WingsFan will have some very harsh words for you.
                        Yes, I again somehow missed that backhanded comment by FL - but I'll take the high road and say nothing about Oasis :-)

Comment

• After Penn State failures, NCAA must get it right with Larry Nassar, Michigan State

Comment

• People like Cheney rely on people like you losing focus, Jeff. Ultimately Cheney was much smarter than Trump and has plausible deniability,

Regardless of outcome, the relevant facts are:

1. The US went to war on false pretences, and people Cheney put in power made that happen.

2. Cheney failed to divest of his shares in a company that won illegal no-bid contracts to perform services.

3. That's it.

Yes, governments lie. There's a difference between lying on behalf of policy and outcomes you believe in, lying on behalf of your own pocketbook, and lying on behalf of your own pocketbook in a way that sends thousands of people to their deaths. Cheney will not be found guilty of anything -- he was smart to build in plausible deniability. That does not change the fact that his actions were monstrously corrupt. Getting a blowjob from an intern is not comparable. If you're comfortable with ``governments lie'', it would only be consistent with ``powerful old men have consensual sex with golddiggers''. The way you're ranking things, getting a blowjob from someone who wants to give it is worse than lying to line your own pockets and kill US soldiers. For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would think that.
                            Last edited by hack; January 24, 2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Cheney is forced to rely on very real deniability. Borderline Reuther claims aren’t going to cut it.

Comment

• Attention Crash

Fox News itself says it has info that around 3500 cellphones at the FBI stopped storing text message for at least a one-year period between June 2016 and May 2017.

EXCLUSIVE: Thousands of FBI cellphones were affected by the technical glitch that the DOJ says prevented five months’ worth of text messages between FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page from being stored or uploaded into the bureau’s archive system, federal law enforcement officials tell Fox News.

CBS confirmed the same

[ame]https://twitter.com/PaulaReidCBS/status/956262988083814400[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X