No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Given the secret society mentioned in text messages between members of the FBI'mWithHer group, i wouldn't release the memo to the DOJ either

MSM working overtime to discredit the memo, carrying water again for the Democrat party

Comment

• On one hand you have career civil servants to believe or Geezer favorite Devin Nunes. He is a trustworthy fellow.

Comment

• And we have seen the text messages of some of those top level civil servants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
          Given the secret society mentioned in text messages between members of the FBI'mWithHer group, i wouldn't release the memo to the DOJ either

MSM working overtime to discredit the memo, carrying water again for the Democrat party
          Are you having trouble understanding the story? Jim Acosta didn't write the letter. Stephen Boyd, the Assistant Attorney General did. He was appointed by Trump himself. I think it's pretty likely he speaks for Sessions as well. And he, not the media, is attacking Nunes for not giving anyone at DOJ the memo and he's also saying that many of the claims being made by the hysterical members of Congress are flat-out untrue.

People personally appointed by Trump at DOJ think this memo is likely crap and Nunes is being 'reckless' by unilaterally releasing it.

How many times must Nunes disappoint you before you start questioning his competence?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

How many times must Nunes disappoint you before you start questioning his competence?
            I assume this is a rhetorical question.

Comment

Are you having trouble understanding the story? Jim Acosta didn't write the letter. Stephen Boyd, the Assistant Attorney General did. He was appointed by Trump himself. I think it's pretty likely he speaks for Sessions as well. And he, not the media, is attacking Nunes for not giving anyone at DOJ the memo and he's also saying that many of the claims being made by the hysterical members of Congress are flat-out untrue.

People personally appointed by Trump at DOJ think this memo is likely crap and Nunes is being 'reckless' by unilaterally releasing it.

I'm confused and perhaps you can clear it up for me... is the DOJ supposed to be an Independant agency or are they supposed to take their marching orders from the president? Because in the space of 24 hours, I've seen the left suggest both with authority.

Comment

• Yeah you are confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                  I'm confused and perhaps you can clear it up for me... is the DOJ supposed to be an Independant agency or are they supposed to take their marching orders from the president? Because in the space of 24 hours, I've seen the left suggest both with authority.
                  You're evading the question. Trump's own appointments at DOJ think Nunes is being stupid and you're refusing to acknowledge that. And in any case, Trump has said that he's fine with it being released, albeit without much enthusiasm. So in this case, the DOJ is taking a different stance from the President and is displaying independence. How's that conflict with other things I've said in the past?

So aside from attempting to change the subject, your argument makes zero sense.

Comment

• But couldn't fix the damned boat?
                    Yes and "The Jupiter 2 left earth in 1997. So why are Will and Judy singing a 30 year old song?" Because music of 1997 and onward sucks

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfeLI9z1Ro"]Will and Judy Robinson - Sloop John B - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• This is actually becoming pretty funny. Once a quarter Nunes makes an outlandish claim only to end up looking like a jackass and utterly failing to deliver.

March 2017

Nunes: An anonymous source brought me proof Obama wiretapped President Trump!

Media: Actually the White House summoned you over to give it to you. And it doesn't prove Trump was wiretapped

Nunes: Yeah well...I'm recusing myself from this fraudulent investigation (temporarily)

July 2017

Nunes: Susan Rice unmasked the identities of innocent American citizens just cuz politics! Hope you like stripes, baby, cuz you goin to jail! :::mic drop:::

McMaster: She did nothing wrong

Senator Burr: She did nothing wrong

Sessions: She did nothing wrong

January 2018

Nunes: OMG U GUYS! U WON'T BELIEVE THIS MEMO I WROTE! I'VE NEVER SEEN ABUSE THIS BAD IT'S SO TOTALLY SHOCKING! CAN U BELIEVE THEY WON'T LET ME SHOW U?

America: Who won't let you? Didn't you write it?

Nunes: LIKE OMG YOU GUYS! I'M AGHAST!

Trump: Go ahead and release it. Whatever. Do what you want. I'm ok either way

Nunes: MR. PRESIDENT YU WILL BE TOTALLY PLEASED AND EXONERATED. FIRE MUELLER NOW!

Trump: Yeah sure, whatever, I'm overcome with joy. Release it if you want.

Boyd+Sessions: Releasing this shitty memo with no supporting evidence is reckless, and if what I'm hearing from your co-members of Congress is accurate, a lot of the memo is untrue
                      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; January 24, 2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Now that I'm reading the full thing, Boyd's letter to Nunes is an even sharper rebuke than I was characterizing it. In it he describes the memo as:

"Seeking Committee approval of public release would require HPSCI committee members to vote on a staff-drafted memorandum that purports to be based on classified source materials that neither you nor most of them have seen"

So right there Boyd is pretty confident to accuse Nunes of drawing conclusions from intel that he hasn't actually seen.

He also says that Nunes, if he doesn't run this past DOJ first, would be violating the agreement made with Paul Ryan, presumably in that meeting between Ryan, Rosenstein, and Wray a few weeks ago.

[ame]https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/956300478010351617[/ame]

Comment

• Good Lord, it's an embarrassing night to be a Republicans Congressman that's been shouting conspiracy theories for the pleasure of Fox News audiences.

ABC News has obtained the text message (there's only one) that led Senator Ron Johnson (R-WI) to claim repeatedly that he has 'good information" from an 'informant" that there is a "secret society" within the FBI working to destroy Trump

Geezer- Please make sure your heart pills are nearby. This one's an absolute shocker

Last warning for all. Here's the full text in its entirety. I'm not responsible for any health issue that arise from reading this SHOCKING message, from Page to Strzok:

Are you even going to give out your calendars? Seems kind of depressing. Maybe it should just be the first meeting of the secret society,"

Comment

• Look, we know they're coming up with distraction after distraction after distraction. That's certainly a lot easier for Americans of all stripes than coming to grips with the extent to which a person can get away with corruption in this country. It's hard to admit there significant remedial work to do before we even get to have the democracy we thought we had, but sooner the better. There's a huge need to stop with this daily soap-opera nonsense, which is of course exactly why the kleptocrats keep generating it.

Comment

• The DOJ are begining recovering the missing text messages per source.

Comment

You're evading the question. Trump's own appointments at DOJ think Nunes is being stupid and you're refusing to acknowledge that. And in any case, Trump has said that he's fine with it being released, albeit without much enthusiasm. So in this case, the DOJ is taking a different stance from the President and is displaying independence. How's that conflict with other things I've said in the past?

So aside from attempting to change the subject, your argument makes zero sense.
                                He also appointed the man that recused himself and the other man that hired Robert Mueller. Throwing out there that it's Trump's man that drafted this letter to Nunes so therefore yada yada is specifically my point. Your point is meaningless.

The memo is getting released. You and the media and the members of the DOJ and FBI who's department's reputations are on the line here can try all you like to discredit it, its not going to stop what's coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X