Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Two senior FBI officials have now reviewed a controversial Republican staff memo alleging abuses of government surveillance programs during the 2016 presidential campaign, a source familiar with the matter told Fox News – adding that the officials “could not point to any factual inaccuracies.”

deeper in that fox article you find the following

Nunes wrote, “I understand that your office is researching records related to the details of an April 2017 meeting between DOJ Attorney Andrew Weissmann (now the senior attorney for Special Counsel Robert Mueller) and the media which will be provided to this Committee by close of business Thursday January 11, 2018.”

and still later

Republican Rep. Jim Jordan recently told Fox News, “I am interested in anything the FBI did to leak information to further their narrative.”

so now you've got a leaker for the fbi narrative---- knee deep in the Mueller probe acting as Mueller's senior attorney?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Also, I can?t believe the Ds are complaining about legitimately declassifying info. Isn?t there an Oscar-nominated movie about the heroic press unilaterally declassifying information without following any process or rules? Come the fuck on.

I rather doubt the memo is at all a big deal. I am sure that the press would publish a similar memo if it tarnished DJT and get applauded for it.
        Hey, unleash the memo. Unleash the intel that it's based on too. But they aren't even considering doing the latter.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
          http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...es-source.html

deeper in that fox article you find the following

Nunes wrote, ?I understand that your office is researching records related to the details of an April 2017 meeting between DOJ Attorney Andrew Weissmann (now the senior attorney for Special Counsel Robert Mueller) and the media which will be provided to this Committee by close of business Thursday January 11, 2018.?

and still later

Republican Rep. Jim Jordan recently told Fox News, ?I am interested in anything the FBI did to leak information to further their narrative.?

so now you've got a leaker for the fbi narrative---- knee deep in the Mueller probe acting as Mueller's senior attorney?
          What in that article demonstrates that Weissmannn leaked infor to the media, other than Devin Nunes implying he did something wrong by demanding all records related to the meeting? Do you actually think Devin Nunes is an objective actor here? He positively and 100% demonstrably LIED way back last March when he claimed a 'concerned whistleblower' had brought him shocking unmasking evidence when it was actually Trump's staff.

How's that unmasking investigation going, btw? Other than McMaster, Sessions, and Senator Burr all saying Susan Rice did nothing wrong, that is? The unmasking allegations even predate Mueller, so if you think Mueller's taking way too long...

Comment

• Trump had negative approval ratings in 11 states that he won in 2016. His most recent polling number showed 38% approval nationally. If he has double digit negative polling numbers in PA, FL, WI, MI, NC, etc. in October, watch out Congress.

[ame]https://twitter.com/sfcpoll/status/958423235909095424[/ame]

President Donald Trump's state-level approval ratings in 2017 ranged from 26% in Vermont to 61% in West Virginia.

Comment

• Trump's original pick for South Korean ambassador has been withdrawn. WH will only say it's for 'background check' reasons (He previously served in the Bush Administration, for the record).

Wash Post says 2 other reasons the real culprit. 1) Was against tearing up a free trade agreement we have with South Korea 2) Was against the 'bloody nose' strategy that Trump is apparently becoming more receptive to (where we bomb somewhere in North Korea and Kim won't dare respond).

I'm not so much alarmed that a President wants ambassadors that share his strategic view...I'm more alarmed at what this article seems to reveal is his 'view'

Comment

• Ohio is pretty interesting. DJT polls at roughly 43-52, but Kasich is at 67-28. So Ohio Rs are very much able to separate national and state. And DeWine is at 48-29 over Cordray (preliminarily).

I have my theories, at least as it relates to Ohio.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Also, what were DJT’s ratings when he WON? Couldn’t have been better than 43 or 44.

The man is personally unpopular beyond belief and for good reason. His total unfitness is, IMO, the absolute cause of his low numbers. When Obama was low, conversely, it was because of the legislation he and the Ds passed. Strikes me as much harder to deshackle from policy and legislation than personal distaste.

Comment

• correct.

And the choice between good policy and personal distaste will be what the 2018 election will be decided upon nationally.

Comment

• Don’t get me wrong - I still think the Rs will take a beating. It’s just an interesting dynamic and perhaps a very thin reed for the Rs to stand on.

Comment

• Comment

Also, what were DJT?s ratings when he WON? Couldn?t have been better than 43 or 44.

The man is personally unpopular beyond belief and for good reason. His total unfitness is, IMO, the absolute cause of his low numbers. When Obama was low, conversely, it was because of the legislation he and the Ds passed. Strikes me as much harder to deshackle from policy and legislation than personal distaste.
                          Per Gallup, Trump approval rating was 45-45% on Inauguration Day. It's never been that high again and has been below 40% almost without exception since last May (Comey firiing perhaps?). Trump 'favorable' rating on election day was around 37-38% per RealClearPolitics; Clinton's was 41%

The final RCP average of 2016 had Clinton ahead by just 2.1 points. Which is sort of amazing because she won the popular vote by 2.09 points. So the RCP average was extremely accurate, but the votes she received were not distributed in a pattern for her to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Per Gallup, Trump approval rating was 45-45% on Inauguration Day. It's never been that high again and has been below 40% almost without exception since last May (Comey firiing perhaps?). Trump 'favorable' rating on election day was around 37-38% per RealClearPolitics; Clinton's was 41%

The final RCP average of 2016 had Clinton ahead by just 2.1 points. Which is sort of amazing because she won the popular vote by 2.09 points. So the RCP average was extremely accurate, but the votes she received were not distributed in a pattern for her to win.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...nton-5491.html
                            So it was 38% on election day and he got 48% of the vote?

Approval rating has become an approval of his personality, not job performance. If you look at his actual record, its way more favorable than his tweeting for example. People like Gorsuch, hate his tweets. Will put up with tweets to get a Gorsuch.

Comment

Also, what were DJT’s ratings when he WON? Couldn’t have been better than 43 or 44.

I guess it depends on what exactly people are being asked. "Do you like him?" is different than "Is he doing a good job?". And I guess "Do you agree with his policies?" is yet a third question. If you're trying to measure an approval rating I'd think you would want people answering moreso the latter two and not the first. I think it's very open to debate on whether people give greater weight to policy or personal likability and the subject of countless poli sci dissertations. My hunch is character/fitness matter less in 'good times'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                                So it was 38% on election day and he got 48% of the vote?

Approval rating has become an approval of his personality, not job performance. If you look at his actual record, its way more favorable than his tweeting for example. People like Gorsuch, hate his tweets. Will put up with tweets to get a Gorsuch.
                                He got 45.93% of the vote, the worst performance by a winning candidate in a two-way race since the 19th Century. However, he got the votes where he needed them, which is almost as important under our system. And she barely had better approval than he did. I think there's virtually no question if Obama could've run for a 3rd term, he would've beaten Trump. Surely even you would admit that. The weak Dem candidate played a role.

Comment

Working...
                                X